What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

marjoram_blues

Re: Dontaskme continuing the story...

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:29 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 am
It would seem you never studied anatomy or physiology.
Too much real substance for you.
Easier to play the immaterial fool. 'The nothing masturbating itself'
The brain is a good place to start, if you have one...

The avoidance strategy really works for your state of mind.
Probably best you keep nurturing that if it makes you fool better.
But you will be challenged by more than me, your so-called 'attacker'.
I realise your delusions are not amenable to reason.
So why do I continue every now and again to care or dare to try. And wish you well.
Because I can.
Please feel free to challenge what ever you so desire, your only dual-ing with yourself, and so dear one do what ever you need to do to comfort yourself if it makes you feel better, it's your pity party. . . but don't mind me, while I look on in complete detachment. I'm not the one at war with myself, you are. I've never ever once mentioned the word challenge, it doesn't even enter my vocabulary. I'm just showing you my arse opinion, just as you show yours, opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one and they all stink.

Not all opinions stink. Your vocabulary is limited; your understanding even less.
You have mental health issues for which your treatment may have been suspended.
All this talk of projection thrown at others who 'challenge' your thinking process.
When deep down you know the truth of your self-defence strategies. Avoidance just one.
All this Dontaskme nothingness is fooling nobody.
But most have been sensible and given up any interaction with you.
Yes, I will follow their example.
Because it is a big waste of time.
Your story-telling is a never-ending piece of nonsense.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 am
Carry on in your delusional state, o nothingness.
Reason is wasted on such as you.
There is no such thing as zero nothingness. You simply read what you want to read, and hear what you want to hear.

Reason is wasted on the blind and deaf you are corrected in that assertion.

There is no you because there is no other than you..comprehend!!

Belinda

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
Why not just show your own level of maturity by walking away,
Regarding your posts, Dontaskme, I have thought of doing so. I don't ignore you because your cliches should be shown up as nonsense. Some cliches are solid ideas but you post verbal diarrhoea.

All together your posts are a cry for help; you know that they don't make sense. You may get some limited but real help from this website if in each post you concentrate on one simple and honest idea.
Last edited by Belinda on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 am
Carry on in your delusional state, o nothingness.
Reason is wasted on such as you.
There is no such thing as zero nothingness. You simply read what you want to read, and hear what you want to hear.

Reason is wasted on the blind and deaf you are corrected in that assertion.

There is no you because there is no other than you..comprehend!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:45 am
Not all opinions stink. Your vocabulary is limited; your understanding even less.
You have mental health issues for which your treatment may have been suspended.
All this talk of projection thrown at others who 'challenge' your thinking process.
When deep down you know the truth of your self-defence strategies. Avoidance just one.
All this Dontaskme nothingness is fooling nobody.
But most have been sensible and given up any interaction with you.
Yes, I will follow their example.
Because it is a big waste of time.
Your story-telling is a never-ending piece of nonsense.

And Am I supposed to be bothered by this? I'm just a messenger of God. I don't live in a hell hole. I live in myself.

So who do you think You are talking to here, it appears you are talking to a complete random nobody you have never known or met or seen in your life.

You do not have to justify your opinions to me, talk is cheap. Talking to imaginary friends is your own delusion.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 am
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is simply not ready to hear Nondual truth...that is clear.

You cannot con a con dear one.

marjoram_blues

Dontaskme continuing the story...

Post by marjoram_blues »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:48 am Dontaskme wrote:
Why not just show your own level of maturity by walking away,
Regarding your posts, Dontaskme, I have thought of doing so. I don't ignore you because your cliches should be shown up as nonsense. Some cliches are solid ideas but you post verbal diarrhoea.

All together your posts are a cry for help; you know that they don't make sense. You may get some limited but real help from this website if in each post you concentrate on one simple and honest idea.
Agreed.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:48 am Regarding your posts, Dontaskme, I have thought of doing so. I don't ignore you because your cliches should be shown up as nonsense. Some cliches are solid ideas but you post verbal diarrhoea.

You have no way of knowing that.

You simply project your own suffering on another, thinking they are the ones needing help, because to know me can only come from knowing yourself first. I don't think you seem to understand that. All I'm doing is trying to help others too, but your rejection and ridicule of my posts is not because of what I'm saying it is because you want me to hear and listen to your story instead ..something you and your heavy mob accuse me of doing.

I lied to you when I said I was dyslexic and bipolar and autistic because I already knew you would use that against me as you've already proved in your attack on my character here now. This is all your own projections are you blind. You know nothing about how I view the world, you cannot know anything about me, all your knowing is based on your own interpretations how you see the world from your view how you are-not how reality actually is.

When I lied to you, you had no idea I was lying to you, and as I recall, you said in your own words ''I understand' .. the thing is, you lied too. You don't understand people, you don't give a flying fuck about people, you only care to voice your own retarded opinions of what constitutes other people in your own twisted mind...I am your perfect mirror reflection. You have absolutely no clue as to how the Nondual concept works,else you would not be projecting your own BS onto me.

I'm just an ordinary person like every body else, I don't believe there is anything fundamentally wrong with people, except what they want to believe about themselves. You make your own bed, and lie in it.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
You simply project your own suffering on another, thinking they are the ones needing help, because to know me can only come from knowing yourself first. I don't think you seem to understand that. All I'm doing is trying to help others too, but your rejection and ridicule of my posts is not because of what I'm saying it is because you want me to hear and listen to your story instead ..something you and your heavy mob accuse me of doing.

I lied to you when I said I was dyslexic and bipolar and autistic because I already knew you would use that against me as you've already proved in your attack on my character here now. This is all your own projections are you blind. You know nothing about how I view the world, you cannot know anything about me, all your knowing is based on your own interpretations how you see the world from your view how you are-not how reality actually is.

When I lied to you, you had no idea I was lying to you, and as I recall, you said in your own words ''I understand' .. the thing is, you lied too. You don't understand people, you don't give a flying fuck about people, you only care to voice your own retarded opinions of what constitutes other people in your own twisted mind...I am your perfect mirror reflection. You have absolutely no clue as to how the Nondual concept works,else you would not be projecting your own BS onto me.

I'm just an ordinary person like every body else, I don't believe there is anything fundamentally wrong with people, except what they want to believe about themselves. You make your own bed, and lie in it.
i know nothing of your character apart from what you write here.
You are to some extent right that I am projecting. I need help too. I am glad that you are trying to help others. Your writing style must improve in order to help others. This is a much better post than you have been in the habit of posting. The above post from you is unpretentious, passionate, and honest. On the other hand you have not been clever about explaining "The Nondual concept" .

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/no ... s-concept/

Link to what may be what Dontaskme fails to explain adequately.I googled 'Nondual concept'.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 am Immanuel Can wrote:
What's your Atheism-based stand on rape, slavery and genocide? Or is there just no possibility of one?

Rape, slavery , and genocide are wrong because they are cruel and unfair to the victims. It's wrong to be cruel and unfair because if everyone was cruel and unfair there would be no society , society being based upon mutual trust between individuals and between collectives.
That's just a rationalisation based on your opinion. You were asked what is your atheism based stand on rape.

The Jews in their march across the desert to reach the "promised land" committed rape, slavery and genocide.
When god told them to do that did he make an exception for Jews?
ken

Post by ken »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:25 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:49 pm unless you wish to add "irrational" to the list of Atheism's failures
Why do you say that atheism is irrational and what do you think atheism attempts to achieve that it has failed at?
Well, look at it this way.
  • P1: A "rational" belief, by definition, is one for which "reasons" can be adduced.
There is no such thing as a rational belief. If you believe some thing is true that may not actual be true, then that is very irrational. If, however, you believe some thing is true that you know with certainty is actually true, then just provide the evidence for it so that every one else will also know this truth. However, if some thing is true, then that is just a fact, so there is no need for belief at all.

Therefore, having a belief either way is irrational.
  • P2: And, as per Leibniz, these "reasons" have got to be "sufficient" to the effects they purport to explain. (for example, any explanation that says something too small and weak created something too large and substantive would not be a good explanation).

• P3: Atheism is the denial that any kind of God or gods exist.
Theism is the belief some kind of God exists. And, having a belief is irrational.

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pmSo far, we have three completely undebatable premises, I think. Any reasonable person would believe all three. Let's continue:
Have you noticed the way you try to argue? You have already come to a conclusion and if any person does not agree with you, then, to you, they are an unreasonable person. Now, obviously, we all know that there is no reason to have a logical discussion with a person who is un-able to reason. So, to you, any person who tries to debate with you or tries to have a logical discussion with you, who has an opposing view than you do, is to you an unreasonable person. You can not reason with an un-reason-able person.

The truth is, from My perspective,
P1 is untrue, for reasons given.
P2's example needs further investigation. There is to much relativity in it. For example is sperm small and weak? Sperm created human beings and human beings it might be argued are too large and substantive. Also, in your example you might have been thinking of some thing else, like the Universe for example, but is there any proof that it was at all created, by some thing else?
P3 is just the exact opposite of theism. The belief in either atheism and theism are both irrational and illogical. Unless of course proven otherwise.

• P4: Atheism (if it is a "rational" system) owes us sufficient reasons for saying that no God or gods exist.
P4 Theism (if it is a rational system) owes every one sufficient reason for saying that God exists.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pmAnd here's the problem: Atheism cannot fulfill P4. There are no sufficient reasons for saying it's rationally assertable that God does not exist.
That is just a part of the problem: Theism, as far as I am aware, can not fulfill P4 either. If there are sufficient reasons for saying it is rationally answerable that God exists, then let us all see those sufficient reasons.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pmNow, Atheists themselves admit this; you can see them do it all over this forum, for example. But then they try a dodge. They say, "Well, we're not saying 'God doesn't exist,' we're saying, 'We don't believe in gods.'"
And what is it that you use to dodge?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pmBut there's a problem with this: you can ask them, "Are you offering that as a personal belief statement, or as a rational claim that others ought to believe too?"
I will also ask you the same.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pmAnd if they say it's just a personal belief statement, they're saying that they have no sufficient reasons for believing it. But if they offer it as a rational claim that others ought to believe too, then they're back on the hook for sufficient reasons...which they do not wish to be.
I am waiting for your sufficient reasons also, or is your personal belief, just that?

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pmThe upshot, then, is that Atheism has to be irrational. Either it's irrational because it is merely a gratuitous belief statement that requires no proof but has no reasons, or it's irrational because it depends on a universal claim that (it admits) lacks sufficient reasons.
That is funny, as the exact same thing could be said about theism.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:44 pmEither way, it fails to be rational. Nobody has the rational means or data to assert, "God does not exist." It can only ever be offered as a wish, not as a rational affirmation.
And what is the supposed rational affirmation that God exists?
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:38 pm
ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:07 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:08 am
I'll go away when you prove you are not just making it up about being able to see your own face.
What do you call that in the picture directly above the word 'dontaskme' in dontaskme's posts?
It'a re-presentational image of the imageless appearing as this immediate presentation.

You can't see you're own face .. you can only see a mental impression of it in the form of pictures and words...in other words, a copy, you can never see the original face, simply cos there isn't one...you make the dam thing up yourself and wear it..it's called a mask.

If you keep trying to say what I do, then you will keep getting it wrong. Like you have, once again, here.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:23 am
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:59 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:49 pm

Do you believe you are an atheist?
No I think he knows that,
Then he himself is making that 'knowing' a truth claim, by asserting the position ''I know I am an atheist'' )...Therefore has no right to deny others their truth claim positions, he must accept 'opposing' truth claims if he is to hold to his own position of 'non-acceptance' ... which is in itself still a position, it's a position of non-acceptance toward other peoples positions.
No. A person can know they are an atheist by simple definition as that only entails an absence of belief.

He can't just say Atheism only pertains to the non acceptance of the truth claim of theism with regard to the existence of God and then hold fast to his own no-position of non-acceptance of those positions ..it doesn't work like that...you can't take up a position and then deny others theirs.
Atheism is not a position that requires a claim, except to say that you do not believe.

And the fact that he claims to ''I know I am an atheist'' is not true anyway...God or Nature or Presence or what ever you want to call THIS doesn't make such claims
That is complete rubbish. Your "whatever you call it" thingy - guess what I know I do not believe in it, and am so happy to call myself an atheist without contradiction.
, it's totally neutral and detached from such ideas...which are only mental constructs of the human condition.
No child is born with an identity tag already attached to itself, these are just false fantasies...they are a form of positioning, a form of divide and rule.
A child can have as many tags attached to them as appears fit. Atheism is a tag that fits because a child does not even know the idea of god and so could not believe in it. parent immediately stick a name tag on to the child, sometimes long before it is even born.
ANd sadly many children are saddled with the tag "Muslim", "Christian", or "English"

No one can claim any position...no one exists here to make such a claim except the knowledge that I am.

And yet Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

I Am the last Avatar.

keep taking the pills.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Harbal wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:18 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 pm
Sorry, IC, I've lost the will to carry on, besides, were just going round in circles. Maybe I'll be back.

That tends to happen with IC.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:29 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:48 am Regarding your posts, Dontaskme, I have thought of doing so. I don't ignore you because your cliches should be shown up as nonsense. Some cliches are solid ideas but you post verbal diarrhoea.

You have no way of knowing that.

Religious altruism based on lies and misrepresentation.
Sounds about right.
If you don't believe the lies, you fry.
Way to go :lol: