We're not at war with Islam?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: We're not at war with Islam?

Post by Harbal »

Boca wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:02 pm According to your twisted mind, a muslim shouldn't utilize earthly means,
But you're wanting to utilize someone else's earthly means.
for instance when a muslim gets hungry, he should just keep praying until God sends him food from Heaven.
Yes, and in the meantime just think of it as an extended Ramadan.
Sorry babe, God has decided we should live on Earth and benefit from its resources, though I doubt you can comprehend it.
I don't mind you benefiting from your own resources.
Boca

Post by Boca »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 pm
But you're wanting to utilize someone else's earthly means.
That's not one sided, Both parties benefit from it. I like to show Soviet invasion of Afganistan as example. Muslims and the West collaborated for the same cause.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Boca wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:47 am
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:06 pm
Have you not heard of Osama Bin Laden???? Oh sorry - you think the USA did 9/11.
ROTFLMFHROFMFS.
I don't think USA did it, you dummy, I believe there're certain forces steering US foreign policy.
It is exactly what you said "an inside job", dip shite.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Boca wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:08 am
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:50 pm
No, rational minds understand why the ancients invented their gods. Which is not to say that there is no creator. But then it's not to say that there is. Only time shall tell if there is or isn't. Only fools trust in the words of ancient peoples of lower intellect, without any sort of concrete evidence.

Science reigns supreme, as our best chance of finding, what really is, the truth of the matter! Please stay tuned! ;-)
Science belongs to God,
Lol.
That's why religions fought against every single step that science has made.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Boca wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am
Belinda wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:43 pm
Boca's account of Islam is so unattractive that he will convert nobody and will tend to increase dislike of Islam.
in all my honesty, I didn't come here to try to convert any one of you, rather I use this as a dialogue between different civilizations. I said from the beginning, We're different civilizations, We muslims have different belief system and different lifestyle than yours, However, although we're different we can still coexist, and possible make alliance against a common enemy.
Sunni Islam is one Islamic sect. I also asked you which attribute of Allah you idolise but you did not reply. I was not surprised because Islam is a religion of peace , and you aim to possibly "make alliance against a common enemy" .

I am hostile to Islam because Muslims mutilate the bodies of little girls. This practise is peculiar to Muslims and only to Muslims. Come back here and preach Sunni Islam when you have done what you can to stop Muslims disabling little girls.
different lifestyle than yours
You never said a truer word Boca! My old Muslim friend was made infertile because of genital mutilation.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:23 pm I am hostile to Islam because Muslims mutilate the bodies of little girls. This practise is peculiar to Muslims and only to Muslims.
That's not true. Muslims represent a third of the population in Ethiopia for instance, but 74% of women are genitally mutilated there.

Same goes for 50% of women in Liberia which is 85% Christian.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:23 pm I am hostile to Islam because Muslims mutilate the bodies of little girls. This practise is peculiar to Muslims and only to Muslims.
That's not true. Muslims represent a third of the population in Ethiopia for instance, but 74% of women are genitally mutilated there.

Same goes for 50% of women in Liberia which is 85% Christian.
I think you are misrepresenting numbers.

See here: https://www.unicef.org/media/files/FGMC ... EAD(2).pdf
See here: https://www.giz.de/fachexpertise/downlo ... iberia.pdf
See here: http://www.un.org/News/dh/pdf/english/2016/05022016.pdf

The old stats on Ethiopia would be for greater Ethiopia which are today Muslim Somalia and Muslim Eritrea (both very highest FGM rates). The latest stats for Ethiopia are about a quarter while the whole country today is about a third Muslim. In Liberia the FGM problem is in the N-W with the borders of Guinea and Sierra Leone which are of course Muslim majority countries. The latest stats are down to almost a quarter. Further on Liberia, the Sande Society is heavily involved in FGM, and as can be predicted "they may have significant Muslim populations".

Image on left is Islam in Africa, image on right is prevalence of FGM. Obvious correlation.

Sadly FGM is not declining but on the rise rapidly in South-East Asia among Muslims in Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia. There is no medical necessity for child circumcision at all. It's part of the us versus them gang mentality that seems to me to be behind so many elements of Islamic culture.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Seleucid wrote:
In Liberia the FGM problem is in the N-W with the borders of Guinea and Sierra Leone which are of course Muslim majority countries. The latest stats are down to almost a quarter. Further on Liberia, the Sande Society is heavily involved in FGM, and as can be predicted "they may have significant Muslim populations".
My old friend who was Muslim was a Sierra Leonian and a Mende . The Sande secret society existed before Islamisation in Sierra Leone, I think but I will have to look it up. Meanwhile I think that it's possible that FGM existed in tribes other than the Ummah(worldwide tribe of Islam), possibly since long before Muhammad.
Boca

Post by Boca »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 pm
yes that's what I said, and it doesn't contradict my statement in any way. I believe 9/11 was done by certain forces inside USA to draw America into war against Arab-Islamic world.
Boca

Post by Boca »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:04 pm
Lol.
That's why religions fought against every single step that science has made.
First, Islam isn't a religion like christinity, Islam is also ideology, lifestyle, social project, Science is no separate from Islam.
second, Islam from the beginning was promoting science, and never been anti like Christianity or any other religion, but since you have no knowledge of history of muslim civilization, you're babbling out of ignorance.
Boca

Post by Boca »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 pm
Boca wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:02 pm
for instance when a muslim gets hungry, he should just keep praying until God sends him food from Heaven.
Yes, and in the meantime just think of it as an extended Ramadan.
Ramadan has nothing to do with your rationale. We still eat during Ramadan, just delay it for some time to discipline our desire.
God has created Earth to accommodate Humankind, and has created all sorts of provisions to feed Humans. Your low intellect isn't able to comprehend it. Both Earth and Heaven belongs to God
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Boca wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:44 am
No, rational minds understand why the ancients invented their gods. Which is not to say that there is no creator. But then it's not to say that there is. Only time shall tell if there is or isn't. Only fools trust in the words of ancient peoples of lower intellect, without any sort of concrete evidence.

Science reigns supreme, as our best chance of finding, what really is, the truth of the matter! Please stay tuned! ;-)
HelFire exist for the Disbelievers
Riiiiight...
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Boca wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:08 am

Science belongs to God, You didn't create yourself, neither did you decide to be born into this world,and you cannot comprehend any more than what God wills you to comprehend. You are like sheeple, unless God grants you understanding. Ant,living in 2 dimensional world, doesn't know the UP, the 3rd dimension above its 2D. Similarly you're imprisoned by your shallow consciousness.
As you believe your god exists, so you show your simpleness.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Boca wrote:
First, Islam isn't a religion like christinity, Islam is also ideology, lifestyle, social project, Science is no separate from Islam.
second, Islam from the beginning was promoting science, and never been anti like Christianity or any other religion, but since you have no knowledge of history of muslim civilization, you're babbling out of ignorance.
Christianity was also at one time ideology, lifestyle, social project. Christianity experienced a Reformation , which the Ummah of Islam never did, but perhaps is experiencing now.

Islam was once a light to the known world but has since become the religious focus of warring political groups.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Boca wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 am
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 pm
yes that's what I said, and it doesn't contradict my statement in any way. I believe 9/11 was done by certain forces inside USA to draw America into war against Arab-Islamic world.
You have a habit of believe things without evidence. If you went to your doctor with a sore finger and he said voices told him you needed to have your feet amputated and that you had to have faith and believe him, I suppose you would go along with that too.