Against Caffeine

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

duszek

Re: Against Caffeine

Post by duszek »

Gloominary wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:41 pm
duszek wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 pm In case a no coffee age comes what will happen to the coffee producing farmers in the third world ?
What could they produce instead ?

I am ready to join an unofficial no coffee and no smartphone league.
Even without having read all the material collected and posted by Mr Gloominary.
Don't get me started on cell phone and computer radiation *laughs.

The world needs to re-wild itself, unfortunately there could be some casualties, but it has to happen, civilization isn't at all sustainable at present.
Back to nature, yes.

Instead of listening to music records from the internet or the radio, we can sing ourselves, whatever tunes come to our minds.

Simple does it.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

duszek wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:32 pm
Gloominary wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:41 pm The world needs to re-wild itself, unfortunately there could be some casualties, but it has to happen, civilization isn't at all sustainable at present.
Back to nature, yes.

Instead of listening to music records from the internet or the radio, we can sing ourselves, whatever tunes come to our minds.

Simple does it.
What humans are doing is natural, it is what humans are evolving into. The world is changing and there is no going back. If you really don't like technology, why are you using a computer? Go back into the woods, live by your self and let everyone else do as they wish.

I always smile about people who rail against technology on a computer, they are real hypocrites.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Working on my third (and not last) cup of the day.

About to have (another) cigarette.
marjoram_blues

Re:

Post by marjoram_blues »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 pm Working on my third (and not last) cup of the day.

About to have (another) cigarette.
I bet you don't even brush your teeth afterwards.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Since I ain't kissin' nobody: no, I don't.
marjoram_blues

Re:

Post by marjoram_blues »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:44 pm Since I ain't kissin' nobody: no, I don't.
:lol: but you never know who you might run into...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

True...that's why I carry Altoids.
marjoram_blues

Re:

Post by marjoram_blues »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:58 pm True...that's why I carry Altoids.
That's why I come here. Learn something new every day. Like Ikigai.
Nice tins.
duszek

Post by duszek »

thedoc wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:26 pm
What humans are doing is natural, it is what humans are evolving into. The world is changing and there is no going back. If you really don't like technology, why are you using a computer? Go back into the woods, live by your self and let everyone else do as they wish.

I always smile about people who rail against technology on a computer, they are real hypocrites.
There is a difference between eating one chocolate egg at Easter and a bar of chocolate every second day.
There is a difference between drinking a bottle of Scotch every evening and a glass of wine once in a while.

Up to a point technology can foster my humanity. Most people dehumanize themselves by using it excessively.

For some people smelling coffee can be enough. It´s not necessary to drink it oneself.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Searching fo today's cup four....NOW!
thedoc

Re:

Post by thedoc »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:36 pm Searching fo today's cup four....NOW!
Go for it! Nothing wrong with coffee or caffeine. I would be drinking coffee all day long, except that it upsets my stomach if I drink too much. I used to have my last cup each day right before I went to bed at night, I never had a problem sleeping.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Just finished #6 (had it with lunch).

Not jittery, or psychotic, or deranged, or delusional, or any of that crap Gloom sez comes with heavy coffee-drinking.

And on the off-chance that mebbe I'm too coffee-addled to accurately self-assess I asked Leon what he thought...Leon sez I'm doin' just fine.
SpheresOfBalance

Re:

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:41 pm Just finished #6 (had it with lunch).

Not jittery, or psychotic, or deranged, or delusional, or any of that crap Gloom sez comes with heavy coffee-drinking.

And on the off-chance that mebbe I'm too coffee-addled to accurately self-assess I asked Leon what he thought...Leon sez I'm doin' just fine.
I'm heating up the water for mine right now, I'm currently using a French Press. Though to be honest I make my own blend, which results in 50% less caffeine, not because I don't like or can't handle 100%, rather sometimes it seems to raise my blood pressure higher than it should. But I'm confident that when I get down to my optimum weight, it'll be 100% again. ;-) BRB, it's whistling just now! ;-)