~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am

.





......................In marriage no one gets out alive. We all know this. Yet we still celebrate marriage.






.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11285
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Arising_uk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:46 am

Not heard of divorce?

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5630
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:37 am

Everybody dies, married or not.

PhilX 🇺🇸

ken
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by ken » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:44 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am
.





......................In marriage no one gets out alive. We all know this. Yet we still celebrate marriage.


I do NOT know this, and, I do NOT celebrate marriage.

What do you mean by 'In marriage no one gets out alive'?

And, why do you celebrate marriage?

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:55 pm

.





We are married to many things throughout a normal lifetime.

In the coming & consummation of each of these marriages we celebrate the moment & are hopeful of the merger & emergence into the future.





.

ken
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by ken » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:55 pm
.





We are married to many things throughout a normal lifetime.

In the coming & consummation of each of these marriages we celebrate the moment & are hopeful of the merger & emergence into the future.





.
Why do you try to speak for others?

If you speak for you only, then that will help you somewhat in finding the answers that you are seeking.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm

.




No man is an island. This is a philosophy site. We speak in the third person. It's what we do...




.

ken
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by ken » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm
.




No man is an island. This is a philosophy site. We speak in the third person. It's what we do...




.
No man is a hippopotamus, also. But so what?

Yes, I agree this is a philosophy site.

We all do not speak in the third person. Some of us speak in the first person, and others speak differently.

It is not what we do. It might be what you do, but what you do is NOT what we do.

You can not always successfully speak of and for others. You can only always successfully speak of and for you.

Impenitent
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Impenitent » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:48 pm

ken wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:17 pm


No man is a hippopotamus, also. But so what?

Greek Mathematicians be damned

wait...

-Imp

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm

.




We all die. - So yeah, I speak for all of us.


We all have a thirst for knowledge. - So yeah, I speak for all of us.


All normally functioning human beings have an intellectual function. - So yeah, I have the ability to speak for all of us.


At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, are found universal scientific truths.


At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, is a scientific discipline.


I think I lost you a while back so, there's really no reason for you to reply any longer.


You a troll. Troll!

...and I speak for all of us. We're all gaming ya.





.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11285
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Arising_uk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, are found universal scientific truths.

At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, is a scientific discipline. ...
I think you'll find this is Physics.
I think I lost you a while back so, there's really no reason for you to reply any longer. ...
:lol: You lost it a long time ago but we still speak to you?
You a troll. Troll!

...and I speak for all of us. We're all gaming ya.
Once again you don't speak for any or even all of us, as personally I think Ken has slight Autism or Aspergers with maybe a slight touch of religious mania which does make him pedantic but not a troll.

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:50 pm

.




Okay. So whatever you think overrides whatever I think. Got it!






.

ken
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by ken » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:13 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm

We all die. - So yeah, I speak for all of us.
You might want to and even try to speak for all of us. But you can ONLY truly speak for you.

By the way, you do NOT speak for Me because I do NOT die. But then again you do NOT yet know how to answer that question of Who am I? So, I do NOT expect you to even begin speak for Me at all accurately yet.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
We all have a thirst for knowledge. - So yeah, I speak for all of us.
Who is the 'we' you are referring to, and trying to speak for, here?

Your answer to this clarifying question, and My consequent following clarifying questions, might shine some light on if you really are capable of speaking for 'all of us' or not.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
All normally functioning human beings have an intellectual function. - So yeah, I have the ability to speak for all of us.
And what EXACTLY is that 'intellectual function', of which you speak of?
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, are found universal scientific truths.
Is that a indisputable, unambiguous true fact?
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, is a scientific discipline.
What does 'philosophy' actually mean to you?

And, what is the difference between that and 'real philosophy'?
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
I think I lost you a while back so, there's really no reason for you to reply any longer.
Why would you only think that?

You say you are able to speak for all of us, therefore you should be able to know for certain if you lost Me or not. If, as you say, you are able to speak for all of us, then tell where or when exactly you lost Me and why you list Me.

If you can speak for Me here, by explaining these things, then you might be able to prove how you can actually speak for Me.

Up to now this was the only sentence I "lost" you, in the sense that I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here only.

Was this just an attempt at any thing to try to get Me not to respond any more?

If it was, then obviously it was very unsuccessful.

Do you really believe so much in that you can speak for others that you also believe you can also tell us when we can also respond or not?

Like I have implied to you before, you do NOT speak for Me so there is really NO use in even trying. I respond if and when I want to.

If you try to speak for Me and/or try to write statements as though they are absolutely true, then I will more than likely respond to you, with clarifying questions.

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
You a troll. Troll!
Did you mean 'You are a troll. Troll!?

If so, then what do you think I am fishing for, from you, by just asking you very simple clarifying questions?

Your answers or non answers will show what I am actually fishing for, which is the truth by the way, and what is the outcome of have philosophy, from My definition of philosophy.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
...and I speak for all of us.
Feel free to try to and speak for all of us. I, for One, certainly will not try and stop you doing that. In fact I like it if you continue because then I can ask you clarifying questions. The ignorance in your answers so far is already showing what the truth may well hold.

Your further answers, or lack of response, to My clarifying questions will confirm what the actual truth is.

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
We're all gaming ya.
Who or what is the 'we' here?

And, why am I not included in this 'we' now?

When did I not become a part of 'all of us'?

Also, what do you mean by 'gaming'?

ken
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by ken » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:27 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:30 pm
Once again you don't speak for any or even all of us, as personally I think Ken has slight Autism or Aspergers with maybe a slight touch of religious mania which does make him pedantic but not a troll.
Although i may be pedantic, have autism and use the word God, I can rest assured that there is no religious aspect, in the sense of believing any thing, in my mania. :D

I also am trolling, in the sense of fishing for how to show the truth successfully.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 5084
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am
.





......................In marriage no one gets out alive. We all know this. Yet we still celebrate marriage.






.
We always want what we want, but what we want is not always what we get, therefore, we want it, we don't want it. We always want what we don't really want.

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest