~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

......................In marriage no one gets out alive. We all know this. Yet we still celebrate marriage.

Arising_uk

Re: ~ In Marriage No One Gets Out Alive ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Not heard of divorce?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Everybody dies, married or not.

PhilX 🇺🇸
ken

Post by ken »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am .

......................In marriage no one gets out alive. We all know this. Yet we still celebrate marriage.

I do NOT know this, and, I do NOT celebrate marriage.

What do you mean by 'In marriage no one gets out alive'?

And, why do you celebrate marriage?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

We are married to many things throughout a normal lifetime.

In the coming & consummation of each of these marriages we celebrate the moment & are hopeful of the merger & emergence into the future.

ken

Post by ken »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:55 pm .

We are married to many things throughout a normal lifetime.

In the coming & consummation of each of these marriages we celebrate the moment & are hopeful of the merger & emergence into the future.

Why do you try to speak for others?

If you speak for you only, then that will help you somewhat in finding the answers that you are seeking.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

No man is an island. This is a philosophy site. We speak in the third person. It's what we do...

ken

Post by ken »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm .

No man is an island. This is a philosophy site. We speak in the third person. It's what we do...

No man is a hippopotamus, also. But so what?

Yes, I agree this is a philosophy site.

We all do not speak in the third person. Some of us speak in the first person, and others speak differently.

It is not what we do. It might be what you do, but what you do is NOT what we do.

You can not always successfully speak of and for others. You can only always successfully speak of and for you.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

ken wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:17 pm

No man is a hippopotamus, also. But so what?

Greek Mathematicians be damned

wait...

-Imp
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

We all die. - So yeah, I speak for all of us.

We all have a thirst for knowledge. - So yeah, I speak for all of us.

All normally functioning human beings have an intellectual function. - So yeah, I have the ability to speak for all of us.

At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, are found universal scientific truths.

At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, is a scientific discipline.

I think I lost you a while back so, there's really no reason for you to reply any longer.

You a troll. Troll!

...and I speak for all of us. We're all gaming ya.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, are found universal scientific truths.

At the core of philosophy, real philosophy, is a scientific discipline. ...
I think you'll find this is Physics.
I think I lost you a while back so, there's really no reason for you to reply any longer. ...
:lol: You lost it a long time ago but we still speak to you?
You a troll. Troll!

...and I speak for all of us. We're all gaming ya.
Once again you don't speak for any or even all of us, as personally I think Ken has slight Autism or Aspergers with maybe a slight touch of religious mania which does make him pedantic but not a troll.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Okay. So whatever you think overrides whatever I think. Got it!

ken

Post by ken »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm
We all die. - So yeah, I speak for all of us.
You might want to and even try to speak for all of us. But you can ONLY truly speak for you.

By the way, you do NOT speak for Me because I do NOT die. But then again you do NOT yet know how to answer that question of Who am I? So, I do NOT expect you to even begin speak for Me at all accurately yet.
Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pmWe all have a thirst for knowledge. - So yeah, I speak for all of us.
Who is the 'we' you are referring to, and trying to speak for, here?

Your answer to this clarifying question, and My consequent following clarifying questions, might shine some light on if you really are capable of speaking for 'all of us' or not.
Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pmAll normally functioning human beings have an intellectual function. - So yeah, I have the ability to speak for all of us.
And what EXACTLY is that 'intellectual function', of which you speak of?
Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pmAt the core of philosophy, real philosophy, are found universal scientific truths.
Is that a indisputable, unambiguous true fact?
Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pmAt the core of philosophy, real philosophy, is a scientific discipline.
What does 'philosophy' actually mean to you?

And, what is the difference between that and 'real philosophy'?
Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pmI think I lost you a while back so, there's really no reason for you to reply any longer.
Why would you only think that?

You say you are able to speak for all of us, therefore you should be able to know for certain if you lost Me or not. If, as you say, you are able to speak for all of us, then tell where or when exactly you lost Me and why you list Me.

If you can speak for Me here, by explaining these things, then you might be able to prove how you can actually speak for Me.

Up to now this was the only sentence I "lost" you, in the sense that I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here only.

Was this just an attempt at any thing to try to get Me not to respond any more?

If it was, then obviously it was very unsuccessful.

Do you really believe so much in that you can speak for others that you also believe you can also tell us when we can also respond or not?

Like I have implied to you before, you do NOT speak for Me so there is really NO use in even trying. I respond if and when I want to.

If you try to speak for Me and/or try to write statements as though they are absolutely true, then I will more than likely respond to you, with clarifying questions.

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pmYou a troll. Troll!
Did you mean 'You are a troll. Troll!?

If so, then what do you think I am fishing for, from you, by just asking you very simple clarifying questions?

Your answers or non answers will show what I am actually fishing for, which is the truth by the way, and what is the outcome of have philosophy, from My definition of philosophy.
Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm...and I speak for all of us.
Feel free to try to and speak for all of us. I, for One, certainly will not try and stop you doing that. In fact I like it if you continue because then I can ask you clarifying questions. The ignorance in your answers so far is already showing what the truth may well hold.

Your further answers, or lack of response, to My clarifying questions will confirm what the actual truth is.

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pmWe're all gaming ya.
Who or what is the 'we' here?

And, why am I not included in this 'we' now?

When did I not become a part of 'all of us'?

Also, what do you mean by 'gaming'?
ken

Post by ken »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:30 pm Once again you don't speak for any or even all of us, as personally I think Ken has slight Autism or Aspergers with maybe a slight touch of religious mania which does make him pedantic but not a troll.
Although i may be pedantic, have autism and use the word God, I can rest assured that there is no religious aspect, in the sense of believing any thing, in my mania. :D

I also am trolling, in the sense of fishing for how to show the truth successfully.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am .

We always want what we want, but what we want is not always what we get, therefore, we want it, we don't want it. We always want what we don't really want.