~ What is Church ? ~

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Do you attend church?

Why?

I have been herolding the The Third Industrial Revolution for some time now; Also known as the Digital Revolution.

One of the important characteristics of this emerging revolution is decentrialization.

Decentralization in the religious arena for us means that The Bible, all forms of The Bible, as well as all forms of ALL religious texts are available to us ALL the time, ANYWHERE - FOR FREE!

*Also, The Digital Revolution has provided for us new avanues of communication and larger expansions of our ability to assemble within the ethernet.

Have these new emerging avenues of understanding made traditional interrelationships with traditional church obsolete?

Bill Wiltrack

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Help. You want me to help you. Help them.

I got one for you. What if - What if you helped me?

- Oh. Your gunna help me after I am dead. After I don't exist anymore. Cool. You're awesome...

]...[

Post by ]...[ »

...guessing I didn't make myself clear enough or, more likely, this topic is just too boring.

I'm guessing that most of you do not actively belong to a church. I do.

One thing that everyone catches onto right-off the rip is that churches need money! They ALWAYS NEED MONEY.

We recieve this message each week, in special events, special causes, & if we, as members, need an extra service such as a wedding or funeral or reception or party...OR just about anything else you can think of...

My question is, my BASIC question is...Why does the church need money NOW? Why does their special cause need money right NOW?

Why am I, as an average joe, the selected audience labeled as - The Giver?

Why does my church pastor/priest/rabbi/council speak, literally, down at me? Why do they speak at me? Why is there NEVER a conversation where we just openly, honestly, talk AS EQUALS?

And why, am I as The Giver the only one who has to wait to receive my gifts - my rewards, AFTER I don't exist any more? AFTER I am dead.

Why doesn't the church and their council receive the reward for their good deeds AFTER they don't exist any more?

Why aren't the special recipients of church outreach programs given their rewards AFTER they are dead? AFTER they don't exist anymore? Why is there a need to help those individuals and programs with money now instead of admitting the fact that EACH of us wake-up to each & every morning; Life sucks. Life is hard. Life is unfair. Life is short & EACH one of us suffer on many different levels & there is no escape. FOR ANYONE.

Even using the church standard, wouldn't direct giving to those around us in-need, if that is what we wish to do, more efficient?

Of course I am looking towards all active members here at the PhilosophyNow Forums to participate but I am looking especially towards those of you who strongly believe in your particular church, denomination, or god.

................................................................Image

I mean, as The Giver I kind-of get treated like shit. I'm talked down to. NEVER asked my opinion. And I am THE ONLY FOCUS GROUP that receives their gifts AFTER they don't exist.

Theleman

Post by Theleman »

I used to go to church many years ago, and saw similar situation in the churches. I stopped going to church. I thought they are business organisation rather than religious group.

Now I try to connect directly with God. I don't need church. Only thing I need is God. The church doesn't have to be physical place with other worshipers and clergy. Church could be in your house, room, and even in your mind. It is more spiritual entity than physical in my idea.
]...[

Post by ]...[ »

THANK YOU for voicing your opinion. Extremely well articulated.

If the answer is god, why is the question always money?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I love being inside a church, especially the old gothic types. It's the goosebump atmosphere they exude. Quite spontaneous, like something is walking up and down on my skin.

Love cathedral's too, and castles.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

]...[ wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:58 pm .

If the answer is god, why is the question always money?

Some people give money to the church foundation as an offering of their soul back to Gods keeping in gratitude.

The money might end up in some persons pocket for personal gain due to dishonesty and greed, but at the end of the day...it's all God's money anyway. And only God will be the judge of who is honest and who is dishonest.

The meek and pious humble among us will inherit the kingdom. When you give love you are in the same moment receiving it. It's all yours/ours.

Humans are always seeking for pleasure, they love love, so when you give all your love away to them, they can never leave you because they will know to depend on you for what they crave. People cannot hate a person that loves them.

People cannot fail, because there is only love. Love always feels right. Hate has no chance. God is wise because God knows love always wins, there is no contest.

MoneY is just another word for LOVE. ..IT'S an exchange of love energy between it's partY's.

PauloL

Post by PauloL »

Bill, did you acquire a different nick?

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:47 am People cannot hate a person that loves them.
Can't they? Many relationships play out this dynamic, for example: abusive, hateful husbands and their loving wives, or hateful teenagers and their loving parents. And, contrary to what you said, people leave those who love them all the time -- which would seem to show that there's much more at work, yes?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:33 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:47 am People cannot hate a person that loves them.
Can't they? Many relationships play out this dynamic, for example: abusive, hateful husbands and their loving wives, or hateful teenagers and their loving parents.
Yes,I agree, people do leave those who love them. But I was thinking more in terms of being a genuine friend to someone without having any expectations about them whatsoever, but to just love people for who they are. To love people enough that you enjoy and like them, without wanting to be in a possessive relationship with them. Always allow them their freedom to do what they want to do, even if what they want to do does not include you in the mix.
So what I meant was, be nice and loving to everyone in life, no matter what they do. All bad behaviour is condemned for what it is, but people are genuinely alright, it's their behaviour that's dodgy, not the person. Although yes, some people are down right evil, but I don't believe people are born evil. No baby is ever born bad, so hate the behaviour not the person. I happen to think that people are very precious, I very often feel other peoples pain without even knowing them or being aware of their life situations, but I feel their energies, I'm a very empathetic type of person, probably a bit too sensitive sometimes, and mostly I just want to hug people and tell them everything will be fine when ever they seem distressed at life. Some people just seem to be so unbelievably love starved, and lost, it's heartbreaking. That's why we need to love them like God loves.

I wouldn't know how to hate a person if my life depended on it. I'm very fiery and arrogant when it comes to defending my ego, but I could never hate someone no matter what they did. I like the quote that says...''Be as gentle as a lamb, but as slippery as a snake'' it's like, yes, be there for others, but know when to stay clear of certain types of people.

If people leave you or reject you when all you've done is love them and been a friend to them, then they were never yours anyway, people who do not appreciate you, have only ever used you to get what they want. Those types are never worth bothering with. The best relationships to have with people is to be a friend and love them without wanting anything back in return. When you love yourself unconditionally, and are not afraid to be alone in the world then everyone is your friend simply because you don't need them. This is what I've discovered on my personal journey through life.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:33 pmAnd, contrary to what you said, people leave those who love them all the time -- which would seem to show that there's much more at work, yes?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am I was thinking more in terms of being a genuine friend to someone without having any expectations about them whatsoever, but to just love people for who they are. To love people enough that you enjoy and like them, without wanting to be in a possessive relationship with them. Always allow them their freedom to do what they want to do, even if what they want to do does not include you in the mix.
So what I meant was, be nice and loving to everyone in life, no matter what they do. All bad behaviour is condemned for what it is, but people are genuinely alright, it's their behaviour that's dodgy, not the person. Although yes, some people are down right evil, but I don't believe people are born evil. No baby is ever born bad, so hate the behaviour not the person. I happen to think that people are very precious, I very often feel other peoples pain without even knowing them or being aware of their life situations, but I feel their energies, I'm a very empathetic type of person, probably a bit too sensitive sometimes, and mostly I just want to hug people and tell them everything will be fine when ever they seem distressed at life. Some people just seem to be so unbelievably love starved, and lost, it's heartbreaking. That's why we need to love them like God loves.
I agree, and I feel this way about people too. At the same time, I respect that people may need or subconsciously want (or have a reason) for thrashing around in whatever way they do... while I see them as the SAME energy as all else... so I dance with that rather than trying to fix it. I may try to SWAY it sometimes... :-) ...but I respect that every one is of the same. Being rowdy on this forum with various energetic manifestations makes me laugh out loud. I have said before that I would genuinely embrace every person, in person. The way I see it, every person is precious (yes!), even if they inspire some cursing due to behaving like an arrogant idiot and saying absurd things. None of it is serious... and there's ultimately nowhere else to go... so hopefully we're having fun with it. Perhaps we are broadening our possibilities too.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 pm
I agree, and I feel this way about people too. At the same time, I respect that people may need or subconsciously want (or have a reason) for thrashing around in whatever way they do... while I see them as the SAME energy as all else... so I dance with that rather than trying to fix it. I may try to SWAY it sometimes... :-) ...but I respect that every one is of the same.
I agree with it's all the same energy dancing to different tunes. And I too used to try and SWAY things sometimes, until I realised that was a futile exercise of my ego wanting things to be other than what they are. I do think life becomes much more relaxed, enjoyable, and so effortless, when we stop trying to drive it with the breaks on. But the ego is such a powerful formidable force, a force to be reckoned with that's for sure.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 pm Being rowdy on this forum with various energetic manifestations makes me laugh out loud.
LOL...I know what you mean, I really love coming to read and write at this forum, I laugh out loud as well. It does help me to understand myself better as well.

But it's got an hilarious side to it, coming here and reading some of the comments is like reading the bumper version of the Beano Comic.

When I re-read over some of the things I've personally said, I'm nearly wetting myself with laughter. How the ego loves to take control and demands to be heard and to be right is so fascinating to me, even though I know there is no such entity...that it's just an idea.

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 pm I have said before that I would genuinely embrace every person, in person. The way I see it, every person is precious (yes!), even if they inspire some cursing due to behaving like an arrogant idiot and saying absurd things. None of it is serious... and there's ultimately nowhere else to go... so hopefully we're having fun with it. Perhaps we are broadening our possibilities too.
Yes, I agree.

I made this quote up for the book I'm writing at the moment titled ''Notes to Self''

'Calling the mirror names only rebounds back atcha as an echo of your own idiocy, since mirrors don't do anything but reflect on themselves

I've already used it on a poster here at this forum...because they called me an idiot...hehehe..chuckles (smiles) :)

HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Muslims and Christians, are both Lucifer worshippers.

Christians renamed the Sabbat Sunday.
Baal's symbol is the Moon and Flame Wheel, is considered to be Lucifer.

Jesus said "I am the light"! Lucifer is 'The Lightbringer, Son of Dawn'. Lucifer was cast down from the Heavens because he saw himself equal to God, Jesus has exalted himself to take the place of God for worship!

Thou shalt not make graven images and bow down to them, yet christians bow down to not only Jesus but to all the saints too and worship them!

Baal ate the babies that was sacrificed to him, by eating the bread and drinking the wine, we eat Jesus's flesh and blood!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:34 pm Muslims and Christians, are both Lucifer worshippers.
As a devoted Christian Muslim I find that assertion deeply offensive. Only one under the influence of Lucifer would say such a wicked thing. Get thee behind me, HexHammer, for it is written, thou art a knob.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:44 pm the book I'm writing at the moment titled ''Notes to Self''
When it's finished I would advise you not to read it, you'll find it intensely irritating.