How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by attofishpi »

Conde Lucanor wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 am
Conde Lucanor wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:09 pm
Well, after giving it a second thought...yes, it is exactly the same.
lol. Do u real eyes how stupid u r at this point in emit?
No, I don't. It can't be any worst than an adult believing in Santa, right?
Wrong, it just proves how simple you consider the nature of reality. REAL_IT_Y?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 am

Wrong,
What's the principle difference?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 am
Wrong,
What's the principle difference?
Well, you could start by comparing panentheism to santa.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am Well, you could start by comparing panentheism to santa.
I'm not interested in categorising Santa, as long as he fills my stocking, that's all I care about.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 pm I'm not interested in categorising Santa, as long as he fills my stocking, that's all I care about.
I didn't know you wore stockings.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 pm I didn't know you wore stockings.
Do you consider us to be close enough for you to expect that I would tell you what I wear?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 amDO you have evidence that I do not have a family of Martian living inside my mobile phone??? WELL, do you??
Give me your mobile phone for analysis, i'm sure i can prove you do not.

Your turn, prove God does not exist...Chaz.
Prove is not required for non existence; only existence. The burden of proof is on you. What the fuck do you mean by "god" anyway?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 amDO you have evidence that I do not have a family of Martian living inside my mobile phone??? WELL, do you??
Give me your mobile phone for analysis, i'm sure i can prove you do not.

Your turn, prove God does not exist...Chaz.
Prove is not required for non existence; only existence. The burden of proof is on you. What the fuck do you mean by "god" anyway?
Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

No, that just proves that we have different definitions of simplicity. Believing in an invisible man in the sky shows the same simplicity of mind than believing in the visible man with reindeer in the sky.
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am

Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me.
By 1989 I have had god's existence unproved to me. So I beat you for at least 8 years.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Conde Lucanor wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:35 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am

Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me.
By 1989 I have had god's existence unproved to me. So I beat you for at least 8 years.
No, it only proves you were deceived.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Conde Lucanor wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:33 am
No, that just proves that we have different definitions of simplicity. Believing in an invisible man in the sky shows the same simplicity of mind than believing in the visible man with reindeer in the sky.
No there was no 'invisible man' in the sky - that is the massive fallacy of it all.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.
That sort of reasoning may work for another theist who already accepts your claim, but that's not how the 'burden of proof' works, and what it attempts to do in philosophical discussion; This is quite simply, the most basic example of shifting the burden of proof. It's not so much about the implausibility of the claim itself, but the implausibility of the claim to the person you're talking to. The onus is on whoever is making an unaccepted claim. If I specifically claim that god specifically does not exist, the burden is on me. If you claim that god exists, the burden of proof is on you.

If you make a claim and then proceed to provide an argument, if I claim that your argument is wrong - the burden of proof is on me to disprove your argument.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:58 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.
That sort of reasoning may work for another theist who already accepts your claim, but that's not how the 'burden of proof' works, and what it attempts to do in philosophical discussion; This is quite simply, the most basic example of shifting the burden of proof. It's not so much about the implausibility of the claim itself, but the implausibility of the claim to the person you're talking to. The onus is on whoever is making an unaccepted claim. If I specifically claim that god specifically does not exist, the burden is on me. If you claim that god exists, the burden of proof is on you.

If you make a claim and then proceed to provide an argument, if I claim that your argument is wrong - the burden of proof is on me to disprove your argument.
I am no longer going to bother attempting to prove to short sighted atheists of 'Gods' existence - i have been here for 8 years with quite strong arguments with my claim - and never has an atheist been able to refute my claims, and I no longer have the patience or the time to bother.

I shall leave you with this, that a sage that communicated to me from the aether in 2005 taught me - my website - Beyond Reasonable Doubt
www.androcies.com

...and may i add - God - uses its own 'technology' akin to A.I. to know everything about our lives.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 am I am no longer going to bother attempting to prove to short sighted atheists of 'Gods' existence
You don't need to, you just need to bother understanding how basic philosophical debate works.
i have been here for 8 years with quite strong arguments with my claim - and never has an atheist been able to refute my claims, and I no longer have the patience or the time to bother.
Maybe you just misunderstand their refutations?

Your website looks like some deep web propaganda site.