More Minarchist than Libertarian

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gloominary

Re: More Minarchist than Libertarian

Post by Gloominary »

In other words, there's a limit on how much private property you can have.
You can still accumulate as many places and things as you want, but government won't recognize all of them as private property, as your things.
You have to prove you are, or can regularly using them yourself, or government will recognize them as public property, or no man's land.
And then if someone else moves into this public property, who has little-nothing, they can claim it as theirs, start paying tax, and government will defend it for them from intruders.
Last edited by Gloominary on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

In other words, if you're not regularly using something, or, you can't possibly be regularly using it, cause you already have tons of property, government will consider it abandoned, and up for grabs.
You could grab it too, but not without letting go some of your property somewhere else.
Last edited by Gloominary on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

It's not a definition of property if it is put together without consideration of what property actually is.

When you define a thing, you must define the whole of the thing. If you prefer to surreptitiously exclude most forms of property from the definition it is a reductive redefinition, and one which in this case will be rejected out of hand given that you were too lazy to back it with any rationale and appear to have blundered into this situation through epic inattention.

You can congratulate yourself for being a genius if you want to Gloominary, as long as impressing yourself in public is how you get to feel like a special boy. We've seen it all before, you don't stand out from the crowd unless you can somehow top Bill, Bob, Ken and Dontaskme all at once.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm We've seen it all before, you don't stand out from the crowd unless you can somehow top Bill, Bob, Ken and Dontaskme all at once.
And Nick, don't forget naughty Nick.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

It is a redefinition of property.
Semantics, call it whatever you want, it can work, and it's superior to the current system, which can no longer work, if it ever could, and has had its day, is on its way out, which'll become increasingly apparent as this century progresses.
Last edited by Gloominary on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm You can congratulate yourself for being a genius if you want to Gloominary, as long as impressing yourself in public is how you get to feel like a special boy. We've seen it all before, you don't stand out from the crowd unless you can somehow top Bill, Bob, Ken and Dontaskme all at once.
Off topic, don't try to psychoanalyze me, stay with the topic.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gloominary wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 pm Off topic,
Okay, no one leave the room. Find the culprit, brand him an exile him.
don't try to psychoanalyze me,
Why, what are you worried might come to light?
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 pm
Gloominary wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 pm Off topic,
Okay, no one leave the room. Find the culprit, brand him an exile him.
don't try to psychoanalyze me,
Why, what are you worried might come to light?
I'm here to discuss ideas, and little else, I don't want my threads mired in pettiness, presumption, bullshit and off-topic nonsense.

Please stick with the topic, or bugger off.
FlashDangerpants

Gloominary wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 pm It is a redefinition of property.
Semantics, call it whatever you want
You're on a fucking philosophy site mate, if you want to be taken seriously, don't pull an obvious stunt like that and then try to pretend it's just semantics.

Otherwise, go and find people who haven't read any philosophy, and sell your sub-standard shit to someone who can't spot the flaws in your case. What you are presenting here needs a complete rethink because it isn't very good.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 pm
You're on a fucking philosophy site mate, if you want to be taken seriously, don't pull an obvious stunt like that and then try to pretend it's just semantics.

Otherwise, go and find people who haven't read any philosophy, and sell your sub-standard shit to someone who can't spot the flaws in your case. What you are presenting here needs a complete rethink because it isn't very good.
Learn the difference between defining, and redefining, I can redefine something however I wish.
My redefinition of property strays significantly, but not entirely, from what the current definition is, as it should, it's a redefinition.
I refuse to let my mind and my language be bound by the conceptual limitations the system you're attempting to uphold has imposed.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

I don't care about being taken seriously, I'm here to present what I believe to be right, true or interesting, and to hell with anyone who thinks otherwise, unless they can substantiate their shit with something that actually matters, and is pertinent to the topic at hand.
If only one person is interested in what I have to say, than I'll stay here just to talk to them, I don't expect most people to give a damn about what I say.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gloominary wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 pm and off-topic nonsense.
Well you are providing more than enough nonsense on the topic, I just thought a little off-topic nonsense would create some balance.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 pm
Gloominary wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 pm and off-topic nonsense.
Well you are providing more than enough nonsense on the topic, I just thought a little off-topic nonsense would create some balance.
If that's how you feel, than go away, ciao.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gloominary wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:47 pm If that's how you feel, than go away, ciao.
Are you exiling me?
FlashDangerpants

Gloominary wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:35 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 pm

Learn the difference between defining, and redefining, I can redefine something however I wish.
My redefinition of property strays significantly, but not entirely, from what the current definition is, as it should, it's a redefinition.
I refuse to let my mind and my language be bound by the conceptual limitations the system you're attempting to uphold has imposed.
Uhm, I was the one who pointed out to you that you weren't using the normal definition. And I was the one who told you that you were redefining. Until I spelled that shit out for you, you weren't smart enough to get the point you are trying to make here.

So don't tell me to learn from you, that which you only know because I am nice enough to teach you.

If you wantonly redefine shit without giving a good reason why anyone should accept this new definition you are just one random guy using a word incorrectly. If you want to explain how cars, fridges and telephones are no longer property, feel free to give that a shot. I'm sure we can all really learn something of use, one way or the other, from what will obviously be classic action.