A Woman's Inner and Outer Beauty

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: A Woman's Inner and Outer Beauty

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 pm Vege asks
How do you see it if it's 'inner'? Or do you rely on these 'paragons' to tell you of their 'inner beauty'?
Btw, 'inner beauty' is a silly meaningless cliche. Everyone has basically the same innards, and none of it is particularly beautiful.
You have become so fixated on sense perception you’ve lost contact with the relative quality of your inner world.

Quoting from a previous post:
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.”
― Kahlil Gibran

You simply have no idea what this means and will associate it with relative secular values. Everyone just sees what they want to see. Yet when a man is fortunate to experience the heart of an evolved woman, the light of the heart is an experience like no other a spiritual man is truly grateful for
A person sees or feels the beauty of inner light with their emotions. Sometimes several people looking at the same piece of sacred art experience what is beyond sensory description. They have felt emotional quality

Some evolved women have this light of the heart which radiates from their being which a man feels. It opens his heart. It reveals a quality of emotions he is usually closed to but is grateful to remember. The qualitative differences in inner men are far greater than with the outer men. Yet you assume one inner man is as bad as the rest. The evolution of man is not the adaptations of the outer man but rather the evolution of the inner man - the isness of man.

In this day and age a young woman is taught that the evolved woman is a super c-nt that is the same as a man. It is what sells. A young woman feeling the calling of inner beauty is called to the experience of emotional quality. Of course it is ridiculed as old fashioned but if she is lucky she will learn of and even meet women who have felt in the past and now feel as she does. I do wish her the best. We need more of them. We have enough easily available super c-nts.
Oh. I get it. Women are either virtuous saints, to be placed on a pedestal and worshipped, or what you call 'super c-nts'. You don't know squat about women or what they 'feel inside'. Is that how you see Weil, as an untarnished saint? LOL. I would be willing to bet that she didn't remotely resemble your idealised vision of her. Women are only human too. Every woman I know is different from every other.
duszek

Post by duszek »

A small immature child will consider a Disney picture of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck as beautiful and a Picasso picture as ugly.

An immature man will consider an outfully beautiful woman (with make-up etc.) as beautiful (or attractive) and an innerly beautiful women as ugly and inattractive.

So:

gentlemen, what does appear more attractive to you, Disney pictures or Edward Hopper pictures ?

Please, be honest.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Duszek asks us to compare reactions to appearance. Vege refers to outer characteristics like virtue. But what is inner beauty and how does it differ from outer beauty?

Beauty according to Plato is a form. It is a universal. It is the essence of all we consider beautiful by appearance. Inner beauty radiates awareness of the universal which the heart knows is more real than appearance. This quality of conscious awareness connecting the form with visible fragments radiates as a quality of energy which can be considered light. Such a woman awakens vertical consciousness in a man serving to connect above and below – form with fragment.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

duszek wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 pm A small immature child will consider a Disney picture of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck as beautiful and a Picasso picture as ugly.

An immature man will consider an outfully beautiful woman (with make-up etc.) as beautiful (or attractive) and an innerly beautiful women as ugly and inattractive.

So:

gentlemen, what does appear more attractive to you, Disney pictures or Edward Hopper pictures ?

Please, be honest.
"An immature man will consider an outfully beautiful woman (with make-up etc.) as beautiful (or attractive) and an innerly beautiful women as ugly and inattractive."

You must be kidding, right? And what do you mean by an immature man?

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

duszek wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 pm A small immature child will consider a Disney picture of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck as beautiful and a Picasso picture as ugly.

So:

Please, be honest.
You don't give young children and babies much credit. They have very good taste. They recognise and enjoy beautiful, symmetrical faces. They love classical music. They actually prefer water to the vile sugary crap their idiot parents 'train' them to prefer, and a carrot or celery stick is a treat to them, rather than a gaudily-coloured lump of sugar-- but of course that's not much use to the sugar industry.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

“Outer beauty pleases the EYE. Inner beauty captivates the HEART.”
― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
This is true but how many can distinguish between the two? To make matters worse it requires a quality of heart that can be captivated and modern secular life is doing its best to destroy perception of the difference.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Quotes from Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes regarding the "beauty" of theism:
You're here to learn the catechism and do what you're told. You're not to be asking questions. There are too many people wandering the world and asking questions and that's what has us in the state we're in and if I find any boy in this class asking questions I won't be responsible for what happens.
I feel sorry for the beautiful Protestant girls, they're doomed. That's what the priests tell us. Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation. Outside the Catholic Church there is nothing but doom. And I want to save them. Protestant girl, come with me to the True Church. You'll be saved and you won't have the doom.
Doom. That's the favorite word of every priest in Limerick.
Or maybe, just maybe, the truth is not as tidy and aligned with any one "side" as you suppose?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Kierkegaard wrote that purity of heart is to will one thing. It is to will the good not as man defines it but as an expression of the Source. It is the knowledge that is perceived through soul knowledge and expressed as inner beauty. It is not the result of arguing yes and no but of willing what reconciles the duality of yes and no. The woman who feels the calling of her soul to the good, the quality of being reconciles the duality of the world. She can awaken man to the reality of this reconciliation which is absolutely necessary if we are to.survive as a species worthy of the name Man.

Men like Dr. Nicolescu know intellectually what the woman of inner beauty knows through her feelings and are beginning to communicate it.

https://parabola.org/2017/07/30/the-hidden-third/
“The greatest responsibility of all: the transmission of the mystery.”
—Basarab Nicolescu
The women of inner beauty who feel the connection of man’s being to higher consciousness communicate it through the quality of their presence. Men like Dr. Nicolescu whos minds have opened to the “hidden third” will attempt to communicate it intellectually as well as emotionally. The secular mind and its expressions of secular intolerance normal for those like Greta will do what it can to deny what the woman with inner beauty and the man with the open mind have inwardly verified and are beginning to verify scientifically. Secularism will attempt to deny the “transmission of the mystery.” Sadly the secular mind will probably win in the case of society. However there will be an underground of people having consciously experienced what awakening means and IMO the future of qualitative humanity lies with the conscious influence of this small minority on Man's collective being.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pmThe secular mind and its expressions of secular intolerance normal for those like Greta ...
Stop knifing me behind my back, cowardly boy.

If you are going to mention other people in posts specifically then why don't you have the courage to quote them so they gain a forum alert?

Instead you keep trying to slip in small ad homs that don't give notifications so they can go unchallenged. This, from the self-appointed arbiter of morality.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:30 am
Nick_A wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pmThe secular mind and its expressions of secular intolerance normal for those like Greta ...
Stop knifing me behind my back, cowardly boy.

If you are going to mention other people in posts specifically then why don't you have the courage to quote them so they gain a forum alert?

Instead you keep trying to slip in small ad homs that don't give notifications so they can go unchallenged. This, from the self-appointed arbiter of morality.
One thing the Secular intolerance thread has proven is that you are intolerant of the religious mind. You are a secularist who doesn’t believe in levels of reality or an intelligent source for our being.

I am stressing the fact that the secularism you further and have defended with an attitude of secular intolerance is in opposition to the universalism I further. There is nothing behind your back. You have appeared on this thread.

It is you who doesn’t understand me. I am not a moral person. I believe in ethics and in objective conscience. I take the Simone Weil position
“To set up as a standard of public morality a notion which can neither be defined nor conceived is to open the door to every kind of tyranny.” ~ Simone Weil
I believe inner beauty must be the normal result for the inner awareness of “purity of heart.” Science will eventually come to accept the necessity of a “Source” through verifying the “hidden third.” The only question is if collective society can open to this revelation before it destroys itself through ignorance and denial of the third direction of thought.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 am
One thing the Secular intolerance thread has proven is that you are intolerant of the religious mind.
The main thing it has proven is that you are completely bonkers.
the fact that the secularism you further and have defended with an attitude of secular intolerance is in opposition to the universalism I further.
I get the impression that it is in opposition to your bigotry.
I take the Simone Weil position
Similar to the missionary position but with a pillow covering her face.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Greta wrote:Stop knifing me behind my back, cowardly boy.

Nick_A wrote:One thing the Secular intolerance thread has proven is that you are intolerant of the religious mind. You are a secularist who doesn’t believe in levels of reality or an intelligent source for our being.

I am stressing the fact that the secularism you further and have defended with an attitude of secular intolerance is in opposition to the universalism I further. There is nothing behind your back. You have appeared on this thread.

It is you who doesn’t understand me. I am not a moral person. I believe in ethics and in objective conscience. I take the Simone Weil position
I am not sure you realise how little I care about you and your "religious mind" or about "secularism", for that matter. I simply don't care about your issues. I have my own kind of religious mind to enjoy or struggle with but, alas, *swoon* ... you don't understand me! Boo hoo!

What I do care about is people mentioning me in threads without notifications. It's cowardly.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:06 pm
Greta wrote:Stop knifing me behind my back, cowardly boy.

Nick_A wrote:One thing the Secular intolerance thread has proven is that you are intolerant of the religious mind. You are a secularist who doesn’t believe in levels of reality or an intelligent source for our being.

I am not sure you realise how little I care about you and your "religious mind" or about "secularism", for that matter. I simply don't care about your issues. I have my own kind of religious mind to enjoy or struggle with but, alas, *swoon* ... you don't understand me! Boo hoo!

What I do care about is people mentioning me in threads without notifications. It's cowardly.
You don't care about me in particular. Your secular intolerance is directed against all who have experienced the third direction of thought. I am just the only one here writing of it. Your mindset and those who react as you do become spirit killers in educational institutions. What is so satisfying about draining the spiritual life out of young people? It is your way, not mine.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm Your mindset and those who react as you do become spirit killers in educational institutions.
I feel like I'm missing out here. I don't have access to any educational institutions so how can I take part in the spirit killing? I want to do my bit and make a contribution but I'm not sure how I can. Maybe I could hand out leaflets at the school gates, although men hanging around outside schools isn't a good idea these days.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm Your mindset and those who react as you do become spirit killers in educational institutions.
I feel like I'm missing out here. I don't have access to any educational institutions so how can I take part in the spirit killing? I want to do my bit and make a contribution but I'm not sure how I can. Maybe I could hand out leaflets at the school gates, although men hanging around outside schools isn't a good idea these days.
You are a gnashnab acting like a zounderkite. I must remember that you are really a fopdoodle and not take you seriously.

No, not all secular intolerants end up in educational institutions. Those that do become spirit killers.