Killed Anything Today?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Killed Anything Today?

Post by Belinda »

Please boycott all 'sports' that kill things.
Impenitent

Re: Killed Anything Today?

Post by Impenitent »

those vegetables were alive before you pulled them from the ground and killed them

boycott eating

-Imp
uwot

Post by uwot »

Belinda wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:54 am Please boycott all 'sports' that kill things.
Okie-dokie. As it happens, I don't even tread on ants, though I'll splatter a mosquito, given the chance. (I take it you mean animals and not stuff like motor-racing or boxing.)
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Yes. I was reading that article in The Guardian about Jeremy Corbyn's strong objection to the action of Arsenal's commanding officer.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Belinda wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:54 am Please boycott all 'sports' that kill things.
Impossible. People have been trained from the cradle to be spectators. A sport is just a pastime, however unlike a pastime, a sport has spectators, sponsors, money, earning adults who require alcohol as part of the entertainment package, thus the death of brain cells.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Killed Anything Today?"

A roach.

#

"Please boycott all 'sports' that kill things."

Nope, not gonna do that.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

All life survives by killing something, Why single out sports for special consideration.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

I've probably killed lots of things today without knowing it, my body kills invading micro-organisms on a regular basis allowing me to survive.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

When I was young we raised rabbits and when they got big enough to eat, it was the job of my older brother and I to kill them and clean them. It was before he got his drivers license so he was younger than 16 and I was younger than 12, it was a good lesson for us to learn.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

You would prefer that wild animals die of starvation, disease and predators.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Is anyone going on a canned hunt ? Doc? Get your photo taken , smiling, beside the sad evidence that you fired your gun?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

When you wash your hands, you're killing a lot of germs.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm When you wash your hands, you're killing a lot of germs.
Are you so sure of that? Hospitals and clinics got rid of those bottles because they don't kill the germs.

Now in regards to your brain, I believe baptism held you under the water for too long.

PhilX 🇺🇸
uwot

Post by uwot »

thedoc wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:48 pmYou would prefer that wild animals die of starvation, disease and predators.
This is an argument for euthanasia rather than hunting. It is very noble of you to spare creatures suffering. Given that your demise may well involve pain, disease and dementia, would it not be an act of kindness for you to suddenly have your brains blown out?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Is anyone going on a canned hunt?"

Nope. Was planning on trompin' out into the woods this weekend with the coach gun...thin out the fox population a bit (lost two cats to the foxes this year...the 11 year old is unhappy about the losses, which makes me unhappy).

Mebbe I can score some rabbit while I'm at it.