How would you cheer up Harbal?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: How would you cheer up Harbal?

Post by Harbal »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:53 pm
thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:52 pm Well I'm doing my part, I have you on ignore, so when I log on I don't see your posts at all.
Er!?
Apparently, when I make a post, doc gets a message reminding him to ignore me. He then goes and looks at the post so he knows what he is ignoring. Doc seems to find this arrangement quite satisfactory.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote:Frogs usually say "ribbit" or something similar.
Do they? Idiots say they have someone on ignore and then respond to them.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:13 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:53 pm
thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:52 pm Well I'm doing my part, I have you on ignore, so when I log on I don't see your posts at all.
Er!?
Apparently, when I make a post, doc gets a message reminding him to ignore me. He then goes and looks at the post so he knows what he is ignoring. Doc seems to find this arrangement quite satisfactory.
Works for me.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:15 pm
Thankyou, can I put that on my resume?

Is everything black or white to you, Ignore is absolute there is no choice in the matter.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:17 pm Works for me.
Yes I know, it's almost as if the system was designed with you specifically in mind.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Er!? If you are ignoring someone you are ignoring them, anything else and you aren't so stop saying you are. Telling someone on a forum you are ignoring them is just ridiculous or just a ridiculous high-opinion of oneself and responding to someone whilst telling them you are ignoring them is beyond ridiculous.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:29 pm Er!? If you are ignoring someone you are ignoring them, anything else and you aren't so stop saying you are. Telling someone on a forum you are ignoring them is just ridiculous or just a ridiculous high-opinion of oneself and responding to someone whilst telling them you are ignoring them is beyond ridiculous.
And yet it somehow works for him. :D
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:29 pm Er!? If you are ignoring someone you are ignoring them, anything else and you aren't so stop saying you are. Telling someone on a forum you are ignoring them is just ridiculous or just a ridiculous high-opinion of oneself and responding to someone whilst telling them you are ignoring them is beyond ridiculous.
Having a choice is ridiculous?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:19 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Is everything black or white to you, Ignore is absolute there is no choice in the matter.
Well it is kind of 'black and white'. Or did your yanklish dictionary tell you 'ignore' means 'take notice of, respond to, acknowledge'? After all, words only mean whatever one chooses them to mean on any given day. I suppose that goes a long way to explaining the gibberish we see on here from the Americans.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 pm
thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:19 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:15 pm Do they? Idiots say they have someone on ignore and then respond to them.

Well it is kind of 'black and white'. Or did your yanklish dictionary tell you 'ignore' means 'take notice of, respond to, acknowledge'? After all, words only mean whatever one chooses them to mean on any given day. I suppose that goes a long way to explaining the gibberish we see on here from the Americans.
Gibberish only to you. I'll take American anytime.

PhilX 🇺🇸
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 pm Well it is kind of 'black and white'. Or did your yanklish dictionary tell you 'ignore' means 'take notice of, respond to, acknowledge'? After all, words only mean whatever one chooses them to mean on any given day. I suppose that goes a long way to explaining the gibberish we see on here from the Americans.
The ignore function on this site allows the option of viewing the post by the choice of clicking the correct hypertext, or is that just too complicated for anyone except those from America to understand? Occasionally I like the amusement of reading what those that I have on ignore have posted.

FYI, nothing is completely black and white except the colors of black and white, and they are usually mixed with other colors and then are not purely black and white. You should try painting sometime, but before that actually look at what you are painting to really see it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 pm or is that just too complicated for anyone except those from America to understand?
Actually, I believe this type of thinking is British in origin and was established in the early 20th century. I think it's known as the Winnie-the-Pooh school of logic.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 pm Well it is kind of 'black and white'. Or did your yanklish dictionary tell you 'ignore' means 'take notice of, respond to, acknowledge'? After all, words only mean whatever one chooses them to mean on any given day. I suppose that goes a long way to explaining the gibberish we see on here from the Americans.
The ignore function on this site allows the option of viewing the post by the choice of clicking the correct hypertext, or is that just too complicated for anyone except those from America to understand? Occasionally I like the amusement of reading what those that I have on ignore have posted.

FYI, nothing is completely black and white except the colors of black and white, and they are usually mixed with other colors and then are not purely black and white. You should try painting sometime, but before that actually look at what you are painting to really see it.
Which is why I have 'black and white' in inverted commas. It's an idiom. There's nothing more enjoyable than a nit-picker btw. You know perfectly well that you look at everything Harbal posts.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote:Having a choice is ridiculous?
Of course not but telling people that you are ignoring them then responding to them and also telling them that you are ignoring them is beyond ridiculous.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:24 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:33 am He's looking for more response. Before he comes back, maybe you can share some ideas.

PhilX
All I am asking for is the respect I deserve. :?
You have to explain to the folks why you deserve respect.

PhilX