I'm Proud to be a "Terrorist"

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Science Fan

I'm Proud to be a "Terrorist"

Post by Science Fan »

Saudi Arabia passed a law that outlaws atheists as terrorists. According to the law in Saudi Arabia, anyone who advocates for atheist thought in any form is a terrorist. Since I'm an atheist and advocate for atheism, that makes me a "terrorist" in the eyes of the Saudi nation. A nation that has no problem bombing hundreds of civilians in Yemen who were attending a funeral. A nation that has no problem denying basic civil liberty to women. A nation that has no problem banning free speech and freedom of religion.

Now, since most philosophers are atheists, because most philosophers recognize that atheism is a rational position while theism is not, this is also indirectly a ban against philosophy. After all, if one points out a logical flaw in an argument for the existence of God, one can be accused of promoting atheism and of being a terrorist. If one promotes the questioning of supernatural claims, one could also be in trouble for promoting atheism. The very methods of using reason to assess what is or is not a valid argument could easily be labeled as the promotion of atheism, because theism requires one to abandon reason.

This law is an attack on reason as much as it is an attack on atheism. Yet, how many people have pointed this out? We now have a nation that has made it illegal to engage in rational thinking.

While it is disturbing to me that the world tolerates such laws that persecute atheists and rational thinking, I will wear the label of "terrorist" from the despicable Saudis as a badge of honor.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: I'm Proud to be a "Terrorist"

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Perhaps the US will do the 'right thing' and blow up Saudi Arabia too then with their bombs of freedom and rationality. There can't be that many ME countries left to go.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

It must be a sad life to live being concerned about the USA 24/7. In the USA, there is freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and no such law against atheists could ever be passed legally.

As far as wars in the Middle East, I already pointed out that you have never once condemned Russia for its ongoing bombing in the Middle East, which has resulted in a huge number of Syrian refugees, as well as its internet campaign on social media that promotes hatred against those same refugees, which discourages other nations from taking them in. You have also never condemned Muslims for blowing each other up in the Middle East. You have never condemned Iran for establishing a proxy government in Yemen, which triggered a war with Saudi Arabia. I can go on, but you are simply a bigot with blinders on. If you really cared about the Muslims and Arabs in the Middle East, then you should be condemning a lot of other nations besides the USA. The fact you only obsess over the USA shows you don't give a shit about any of those people, you are simply motivated by an irrational hatred towards America, a country you know very little about by the way.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Science Fan wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 pm I will wear the label of "terrorist" from the despicable Saudis as a badge of honor.
You could stick the label next to the one that says Knob Head.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

The US created the mess there today and I condemn all the countries that are aiding and abetting it in making the mess bigger and bigger. 'God' help those poor people who now have to deal with the brutal Russian military on top of the US one.
Why are you mentioning Russia in particular? It's rather difficult not to know about the US. It's the US that knows little about the rest of the world.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Science Fan wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 pm Saudi Arabia passed a law that outlaws atheists as terrorists. According to the law in Saudi Arabia, anyone who advocates for atheist thought in any form is a terrorist. Since I'm an atheist and advocate for atheism, that makes me a "terrorist" in the eyes of the Saudi nation. A nation that has no problem bombing hundreds of civilians in Yemen who were attending a funeral. A nation that has no problem denying basic civil liberty to women. A nation that has no problem banning free speech and freedom of religion.

Now, since most philosophers are atheists, because most philosophers recognize that atheism is a rational position while theism is not, this is also indirectly a ban against philosophy. After all, if one points out a logical flaw in an argument for the existence of God, one can be accused of promoting atheism and of being a terrorist. If one promotes the questioning of supernatural claims, one could also be in trouble for promoting atheism. The very methods of using reason to assess what is or is not a valid argument could easily be labeled as the promotion of atheism, because theism requires one to abandon reason.

This law is an attack on reason as much as it is an attack on atheism. Yet, how many people have pointed this out? We now have a nation that has made it illegal to engage in rational thinking.

While it is disturbing to me that the world tolerates such laws that persecute atheists and rational thinking, I will wear the label of "terrorist" from the despicable Saudis as a badge of honor.
Do not wear anything as a badge of honour - the regime is ridiculous
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Of course the Saudi regime is ridiculous --- it is based on theocracy. Yet, there are a lot of people in this world who support the Saudis, kiss their asses, and who have yet to speak out against its outlawing, not just atheism, but rational thinking. Knowing that I have been targeted by the Saudis for being a "terrorist" makes me proud. I would be disgusted if the Saudis actually liked me.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:43 pm I would be disgusted if the Saudis actually liked me.
I don't think you need to worry about anybody liking you.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Harbal --- The man who thinks he is the next Don Rickles. Poor thing.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:37 pm Harbal --- The man who thinks he is the next Don Rickles. Poor thing.
Who the heck is Don Rickles? :?
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Harbal --- He was actually a funny guy. That's probably why you never heard of him.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:40 pm Harbal --- He was actually a funny guy. That's probably why you never heard of him.
I've Googled him and he's American, that's why I've never heard of him.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

You've heard of other Americans, I'm sure, like Trump, even people like Albert Einstein. You haven't heard of him because he was a funny guy. It's fairly obvious from your attempts at trying to be funny that you have not had much exposure to any comedians.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:53 pm It's fairly obvious from your attempts at trying to be funny that you have not had much exposure to any comedians.
I'd better keep practicing then.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Harbal: See? That's another not-funny attempt at being funny from you. There is no way someone like you has ever watched a real comedian. You would have picked up something funny by now if you had.