I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:35 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:33 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't quite agree with this. Western nations problems with Islam and terrorism only began within the past 50 years (after Western nations withdrew from Arab countries). Islam has been around for about 2,000 years where the Western nations mostly didn't have a problem with Islam. The problems only started happening within the past 50 years. So our war isn't just against the ideology as something else must be involved.

PhilX
Let the dead bury the dead.

The moral standards of today are not as they were 50 years ago.

There is no room today for intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions and especially Islam which is a female slave owning religion.

If the West is to tolerate open slavery in the world, then shame on us.

Regards
DL
Why did the moral standards change?

PhilX
Men of reason decided not to follow where their testosterone was leading them and began to think of women as equal instead of chattel and slaves.

Islam, while not alone, is the worst offender to freedom and equality for women in the world.

Regards
DL
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:49 am Seleucus, do you see any future in Islam when you think of Amaddiyah Islam? I understand that Saudi Muslims are a variety of Sunni Islam.

Islam is not all one solid colour but the world of Muslims contains fundamentalist and liberal sects.
The main reason Western states support Amaddiyah is because it undermines Sunni and Shia. Of course Islam is a huge word, lately I've been listening to the singer Rohatil's "Bidadari Mungil SDI Ma'arif Garum", the song it tells the life of Muhammad, very moving tune actually. "Rohatil" is some form of the root "spirituality", I'm not totally sure if it's a conjugation or verb or what? Anyway, I personally find the song ghostly.
Last edited by Seleucus on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:55 am
Are you counting the number of attacks by 'western' countries on muslim ones?
Are you suggesting that the West should ignore Islam, which is a slave owning cult?

Do you want a neighbor who will sell his young daughter to some olds man?

----------

Yahweh. Obey like a slave. Allah. Submit like a slave. Do you see a difference?

I find it strange that all-powerful Gods have a need or want of slaves, but if slavery is all that Christians and Muslims aspire to after death, I am sure glad I am a Gnostic Christian and see Jesus as not being of the same ilk as Christian and Muslim slave aspirers. Jesus said he came to serve man but I guess that he is not like his father. Thank God for that. –;)

In the arena of cultural evolution, the secular and humanist West has decided that Jesus wins the God Wars. Christians have gone along with revering the nice (sort of) God, Jesus, instead of his poor satanic father.

If Muslims do not also go along with that archetypal prophet and savior Jesus, as being more authoritative than Muhammad, they will not survive and the religion will die.

This is inevitable as the world will not allow open religious slavery, --- which is what Muslim and Christian ideologies promote.

No?

Regards
DL

On Muslim slavery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOSIhg86oc
On archetypal Jesus. https://clyp.it/lqeu3cku
I'm a lot more likely to get a muslim for a neighbour when there is nothing left of their own countries! What exactly do you think is being achieved by bombing the shit out of them?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:03 pm
Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 am Out side the UK, drones have killed only about 3000 Islamists in 10 years, this program should be significantly expanded.
The war is against the ideology of Islam. Killing a few more Muslims will not touch the core beliefs that are creating the Jihadists.
Yes. Tens of thousands will need to be killed.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmThat dialog should be the focus from our politicians but they fear to open that door as they would have to try to protect Christianity which is just as morally corrupt as Islam.
Christianity had the wind knocked out of it in the French and Russian revolutions. Something that hasn't happened to the Islamic world... yet.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmwe have to repeal the Noble Lie that religions deserve respect.
Okay.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmI don't quite agree with this. Western nations problems with Islam and terrorism only began within the past 50 years (after Western nations withdrew from Arab countries).
No. The history of Islam is the history of it overrunning Rome/Byzantium.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmIslam has been around for about 2,000 years
About 1400. Around year 0 the Romans had completed the conquest of the Mediterranean basin. Quite a few things go down in the 6 centuries that follow before Muhammad...
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmwhere the Western nations mostly didn't have a problem with Islam.

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmThe problems only started happening within the past 50 years. So our war isn't just against the ideology as something else must be involved.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Seleucus, I first learned about the existence of Ahmaddiyah when I read reports in the media of the man's murder in Glasgow. He was sadly missed among the local people who regarded him as tradesman at the local shops,and friend.
https://www.scottishgrocer.co.uk/2016/0 ... hopkeeper/
Last edited by Belinda on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:26 am
Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:09 pm
One important difference is the number of attacks happening in 2017. Right wingers=1 per 3 years. Islam=1 per 5 hours. Another important difference if you are a White conservative Westerner is Islam is attacking you, while Right wingers are ostensibly acting for you.
No, the West act in the interest of Western civilization by carrying out tactical strikes against military targets, the Islamists attack random civilians in service of advancing Islamism. That's completely different.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:02 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:16 pm
Are you suggesting that the West should ignore Islam, which is a slave owning cult?

Do you want a neighbor who will sell his young daughter to some olds man?

----------

Yahweh. Obey like a slave. Allah. Submit like a slave. Do you see a difference?

I find it strange that all-powerful Gods have a need or want of slaves, but if slavery is all that Christians and Muslims aspire to after death, I am sure glad I am a Gnostic Christian and see Jesus as not being of the same ilk as Christian and Muslim slave aspirers. Jesus said he came to serve man but I guess that he is not like his father. Thank God for that. –;)

In the arena of cultural evolution, the secular and humanist West has decided that Jesus wins the God Wars. Christians have gone along with revering the nice (sort of) God, Jesus, instead of his poor satanic father.

If Muslims do not also go along with that archetypal prophet and savior Jesus, as being more authoritative than Muhammad, they will not survive and the religion will die.

This is inevitable as the world will not allow open religious slavery, --- which is what Muslim and Christian ideologies promote.

No?

Regards
DL

On Muslim slavery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOSIhg86oc
On archetypal Jesus. https://clyp.it/lqeu3cku
I'm a lot more likely to get a muslim for a neighbour when there is nothing left of their own countries! What exactly do you think is being achieved by bombing the shit out of them?
What was achieved in the U.S. war against the Southern slave owners?

Freedom for slaves. Right?

Should that not be what motivates the American led West to go against Islam?

Regards
DL
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Londoner wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 am
Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 am Just doing a little reading, British interned 1500 Irish
And it was a bad mistake.
I'm not well read on this topic but looked over a few articles just now. The problem was largely reaction to the internment. How many lives were saved by the internement could be ten times the number detained?

Also, like the internment of Boors, the detention of Irish was carried out against Western people, who deserve a much higher standard of respect. Internment of Kenyans, Malaysians, or Muslims by the British is a different matter.
Londoner wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 amInternment might make sense to disrupt a domestic organisation, with a structure of cells, so there was some reason for thinking it might have worked against the IRA, but that is not the problem here. What we see are a series of ad hoc attacks using improvised weapons. The best defence against these is intelligence provided by their own community, so alienating that community through internment would be the height of stupidity.
No. Interment is best used against whole populations who need to be controlled and re-educated. In this sense the Irish internment does not qualify as an internment but as a mass detention.
Londoner wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 amIf internment is such a good idea, why isn't it working in the USA? The gang related murder rate in US cities like Chicago is far more of a problem than terrorist violence in London, yet the USA also has the highest incarceration rate in the world.
Imprisonment is not the same as internment which is used against populations, not individuals.
Londoner wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 amKnee jerk solutions are more about making us feel better than addressing the problem.
Rather than endless philosophical debate debate, I'll say, I would vote for internment in occupied territories such as Iraq and Afganistan and for internment/mass detention in Western countries.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:05 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:03 pm The war is against the ideology of Islam. Killing a few more Muslims will not touch the core beliefs that are creating the Jihadists.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmThat dialog should be the focus from our politicians but they fear to open that door as they would have to try to protect Christianity which is just as morally corrupt as Islam.
Christianity had the wind knocked out of it in the French and Russian revolutions. Something that hasn't happened to the Islamic world... yet.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmwe have to repeal the Noble Lie that religions deserve respect.
Okay.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmI don't quite agree with this. Western nations problems with Islam and terrorism only began within the past 50 years (after Western nations withdrew from Arab countries).
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmIslam has been around for about 2,000 years
About 1400. Around year 0 the Romans had completed the conquest of the Mediterranean basin. Quite a few things go down in the 6 centuries that follow before Muhammad...
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmwhere the Western nations mostly didn't have a problem with Islam.

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pmThe problems only started happening within the past 50 years. So our war isn't just against the ideology as something else must be involved.
Your first three quotes of me aren't what I said.

PhilX
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:54 am Seleucus wrote:
When I think about the French or Russian revolution and what it took to stop Christianity, it's scary to think about what will be required to stop Islam. And if that effort isn't raised against Islam, nothing will stop it. We are seeing since 1000 AD that Islam is impervious to rationality: the renaissance of the Internet isn't going to stop Islam, it will more likely create a cyber-Islamism, a lock-down on society and psychology more total than anything imagined in any sci-fi.
Or you might opine that the age of revolutions is past and what we need now is the slow and courageous evolution of ideas. This is why it's important, when combating terrorists and terrorism, to stay faithful to democracy and precious freedoms.
My best guess is that some seriously bloody revolutions are in store as the Islamic world deIslamizes. Just an intuition. Or, maybe like Communist it will just go poof?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:18 pmYour first three quotes of me aren't what I said.
Sorry, what did you say, that got mixed up... Your comments were the ones about not knowing about the history of Islam right?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:09 pmIf the West had not brought Christianity to heel, they would still be using Inquisitions.
Agree.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:05 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:03 pm The war is against the ideology of Islam. Killing a few more Muslims will not touch the core beliefs that are creating the Jihadists.

[quote
I hope the West pushes the dialog of ideologies more than the violent retaliation but Muslims do not seem inclined to dialog as they are aware of the immorality of their slave owning creeds.

They have an attitude problem.

As to Byzantine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8

Regards
DL
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:23 pmAs to Byzantine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8
As to Byzantium, lately I've been going through the four episodes starting with "Europe From It's Origins - Constantine the Great - Episode 1" on YouTube. I like this guy's take, actually it goes up to episode 22 on his site but there is a problem loading the vids, just 4 on YT unfortunately.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:28 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:11 pm ...And you say you believe that there IS, and in fact you can tell us exactly where that god is -- WITHIN us.

That's a very clear contradiction.

Are you wrong, or are they?
All religions call God master or lord...
I notice you tried just to ignore the question.

But I'll put it again: you or the Atheists -- who's right about whether or not there IS any god, and whether or not it's "within."