We're not at war with Islam?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

We're not at war with Islam?

Post by bobevenson »

The whole damn family has been arrested!!!
tbieter

Re: We're not at war with Islam?

Post by tbieter »

bobevenson wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 pm The whole damn family has been arrested!!!
Is Britain at war with radical Islamic terrorism? Is it reasonable, based upon his public words and actions, to contend that Salman Abedi, the Manchester bomber, acted as an Islamic terrorist? Under a war policy of pre-emptive defense, shouldn't Abedi have been killed before he could kill? Does Britain need death squads in this war?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

tbieter wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:57 pm
bobevenson wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 pm The whole damn family has been arrested!!!
Is Britain at war with radical Islamic terrorism? Is it reasonable, based upon his public words and actions, to contend that Salman Abedi, the Manchester bomber, acted as an Islamic terrorist? Under a war policy of pre-emptive defense, shouldn't Abedi have been killed before he could kill? Does Britain need death squads in this war?
Unfortunately, there was no prior indication of terrorist intentions. The same with the U.S. and 9/11. But the warnings are clear, the entire world is at war with Islam and Sharia law.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I don't know if we are at war with Islam in general or just a few radicals in particular. I try not to let myself get too carried away by all the news stories about events like the Manchester bombing. They tend to create paranoia and fear and I think we sometimes over-react to stories like this. I suspect terrorism is not quite as pervasive as the news might make us believe. I'm sure most of us are still far more likely to die in a traffic accident than at the hands of Muslim terrorists.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, the entire world is under attack by Muslim extremists! And I guarantee you this, if there were a terrorist Christian group like ISIS, there would be an outcry of Christians everywhere. When have you ever heard a peep out of peaceful Muslims? I think it's because they give tacit support to anybody faithfully following the Quran even if he's a terrorist!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

The US is at war with the rest of the planet. How convenient for the US that these bombings keep happening, giving it more excuses to keep bombing and bombing, making more and more billions for the arms industry, and giving morons like bob a chance to say stupid things. If you are going to blow yourself to smithereens then I think you would at least leave a note to say why. There is NEVER any reason given, like for example ''Stop bombing our countries and we will stop bombing you''.
The IRA made it VERY clear why they were attacking England: ''Get the fuck out of our country''. There was no doubt or confusion over what their motives were. Apparently ISIS simply 'claims responsibility' for all these bombings with no demands made for anything or reason given. Someone is convincing these people to blow themselves up. It doesn't make any sense.
Prophecy: Bob the rational and unbrainwashed one will come back with 'They do it because they hate FREEDOM'. Hmm. That doesn't even mean anything. It's a meaningless catchphrase like 'War on Terror'. And there are plenty of 'free' countries that aren't having these kind of attacks.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

Should MI5 develop some death squads to execute preemptive strikes against men like Abede who are identified as probable terrorist attackers? What criteria should be adopted and followed to justify such killings? What about a utilitarian philosophical justification? If Abede had been taken out, 22 innocent people would still be alive.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

tbieter wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 pm If Abede had been taken out, 22 innocent people would still be alive.
If they bumped off every potential terrorist before they had solid reason to think an act of terror was imminent I think they would end up with an embarrassingly large number of bodies to explain away. The police may have had this man on their radar but he was just one of, probably, thousands. You can't put them all under constant surveillance and you certainly couldn't get away with shooting them all, just in case.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Harbal wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 9:07 pm
tbieter wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 pm If Abede had been taken out, 22 innocent people would still be alive.
If they bumped off every potential terrorist before they had solid reason to think an act of terror was imminent I think they would end up with an embarrassingly large number of bodies to explain away. The police may have had this man on their radar but he was just one of, probably, thousands. You can't put them all under constant surveillance and you certainly couldn't get away with shooting them all, just in case.
You're overlooking technology. Drones can do the job.

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:15 pm The US is at war with the rest of the planet.
Right, to save your fucking ass, and I don't mean that donkey you sleep with!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 9:32 pm

PhilX
I don't think I'm overlooking anything, Phil.
Philosophy Explorer

Harbal wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 9:40 pm

PhilX
I don't think I'm overlooking anything, Phil.
I think not Harbal. Here's a four-year old article (and the technology has advanced since then):

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2013/ ... -explained

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 9:39 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:15 pm The US is at war with the rest of the planet.
Right, to save your fucking ass, and I don't mean that donkey you sleep with!
From what, arsehole? It's your shit-hole that's wrecking the fucking planet!
vegetariantaxidermy

PhilX
OMG. Are you really that thick? How the fuck do drones know who they are bombing? And half the time they are operated by giggling yank psychopaths who think they are playing video games. Btw, how does a drone tell a 'terrorist' from a regular human being? The US is a sick fuck populated by sick fucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7zHQKOgv5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:06 pm

PhilX
OMG. Are you really that thick? How the fuck do drones know who they are bombing? And half the time they are operated by giggling yank psychopaths who think they are playing video games. Btw, how does a drone tell a 'terrorist' from a regular human being?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0
Are you sitting on those puny brains? They have cameras built in that can transmit pictures to operators who control these robots. And it may not be much longer when they have AI built in (you do know what AI is, don't you?)

BTW did you read the entire article?

PhilX