Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ForCruxSake

Re: Should women focus more on jobs or children?

Post by ForCruxSake »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:
Harbal wrote: Of course you did, doc.

Yes, I've noticed your judgement has a tendency to leave you looking rather dim witted.

That's no excuse for you not knowing what you meant.
Yet again Harbal rides into a post, on his donkey, to tilt at windmills, contributing nothing salient to the thread.

This is a philosophy forum, and you are on a thread about the role of women with regard to employment or children. If you have nothing to say on the subject, bugger off and allow people the space to discuss. Have you run out of toilet walls to write on? No friends to play with, so you'd rather make enemies? Go do it elsewhere, unless you actually have something salient to say.
Harbal can say more in one sentence than you can in 100 paragraphs.
As usual, overstating, Does he actually ever put this great skill to any use other than to take the piss out of people?

On the plus side. now that he's got a reference, maybe he can go get a job, because he has fuck all to contribute on any topic on this forum.

Come to think of it, unless you have something salient to say about the subject title, why don't you go join him on the bench?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

ForCruxSake wrote: As usual, overstating, Does he actually ever put this great skill to any use other than to take the piss out of people?

On the plus side. now that he's got a reference, maybe he can go get a job, because he has fuck all to contribute on any topic on this forum.

Come to think of it, unless you have something salient to say about the subject title, why don't you go join him on the bench?
What is that annoying squeaking sound? :?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Just answering the title of the thread - ideally we should mind our own business. Ideally.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: What is that annoying squeaking sound? :?
It isn't even "salient" squeaking.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote:And less is expected of me that way.
In that case let me congratulate you on consistently delivering exactly what is expected of you.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote:And less is expected of me that way.
In that case let me congratulate you on consistently delivering exactly what is expected of you.
Thankyou.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ForCruxSake wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:What 'should' men focus on?
What women want them to focus on? :wink:

Actually it's a good question. It's not as if they have to choose between a job or being a dad, or balancing between the two. Or do they? 'House husbands' are growing in numbers and I'm constantly hearing men talk about how they are the ones to get a family meal on the table, of an evening.
Actually it is a bad question, and that is why I asked it. It is just as bad as the idiotic question that began the thread in the first place.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote:Thankyou.
Doc! When someone goes to the trouble of denigrating you it's bad manners not to take offence.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote:Thankyou.
Doc! When someone goes to the trouble of denigrating you it's bad manners not to take offence.
I'll try to do better. It seems that you expect a lot from me.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: What is that annoying squeaking sound? :?
It's your computer every time you post something. Can't you find the port in the back where you pour oil in it?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: I'll try to do better. It seems that you expect a lot from me.
I'm warning you, doc, if you persist in behaving in this reasonable manner I'm going to have to start ignoring you.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote: I'll try to do better. It seems that you expect a lot from me.
I'm warning you, doc, if you persist in behaving in this reasonable manner I'm going to have to start ignoring you.
Wow! you really know how to sweet talk another person.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: I'm warning you, doc, if you persist in behaving in this reasonable manner I'm going to have to start ignoring you.
There is a function for that on your "user control panel", it's under "friends and foes".
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: There is a function for that on your "user control panel", it's under "friends and foes".
Don't be silly, doc. How am I supposed to ignore you if I don't know you're there?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote: There is a function for that on your "user control panel", it's under "friends and foes".
Don't be silly, doc. How am I supposed to ignore you if I don't know you're there?
Don't worry, you'll know, I know that you are here, even though I have you on ignore. Besides, isn't not knowing I'm there, very much like ignoring.