Mind cannot be created

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Mind cannot be created

Post by bahman »

First definition of mind: Mind is essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and act.

1) Intellect is utility of mind
2) This means that it is impossible to understand mind because intellect is utility of mind
3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind
attofishpi

Re: Mind cannot be created

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote:First definition of mind: Mind is essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and act.

2) This means that it is impossible to understand mind because intellect is utility of mind
IVF.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bahman wrote:3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind
Sex.
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote: First definition of mind: Mind is essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and act.

IVF.
That I knew. The problem is that you need to find an error in my reasoning.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote: 3) This means that it is impossible to perform an act to create mind
Sex.
That I knew. I am however interested that how such a thing is possible.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bahman wrote: That I knew. I am however interested that how such a thing is possible.
It's called the Theory of Evolution.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote: That I knew. I am however interested that how such a thing is possible.
Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
You have already been shown two ways we can and do create 'something which has mind.'
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bahman wrote: Again, that I knew. The problem which I raised is that we cannot know what mind is because the intellect is utility of mind hence we are not able to create something which has mind.
But since 'mind' may well be a function of a body with senses in an external environment we may well be able to use the intellect to create such a body and hence create a mind.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote:.. since 'mind' may well be a function of a body with senses in an external environment we may well be able to use the intellect to create such a body and hence create a mind.
Do you believe if we had a machine that could arrange the molecules required to replicate a human to the atomic level, we would in fact have a human - sensing, breathing and eventually farting?
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote:
Arising_uk wrote: It's called the Theory of Evolution.
You have already been shown two ways we can and do create 'something which has mind.
I don't recall that. Could you please direct me to the thread that I made such a claim?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote:First definition of mind: Mind is essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and act.

Have you lived a sheltered life? ..you should know such things like psychology and neurology ..just to name a few things that spend time on researching the mind.

You are utterly clueless, and kuku!
bahman

Post by bahman »

Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote:
But since 'mind' may well be a function of a body with senses in an external environment we may well be able to use the intellect to create such a body and hence create a mind.
That is the point that I am trying to reach with my argument. Is that possible that we understand how we are understanding? In fact the problem that we are dealing is much harder than that since understanding is a faculty of mind.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote:
You have already been shown two ways we can and do create 'something which has mind.
I don't recall that. Could you please direct me to the thread that I made such a claim?
What claim? Please re-read.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
bahman wrote:
That is the point that I am trying to reach with my argument. Is that possible that we understand how we are understanding? In fact the problem that we are dealing is much harder than that since understanding is a faculty of mind.
So your point is, that it takes a more complex intelligence to create a lower complexity intelligence? A lower complexity intelligence cannot create a higher complexity or more intelligent intelligence?
Last edited by attofishpi on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.