THE RELIGIONS – THEIR FUNDAMENTAL MISTAKE

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

THE RELIGIONS – THEIR FUNDAMENTAL MISTAKE

Post by Dontaskme »

There is only one true religion and that is ONENESS... or NONDUALITY

...IT'S NOT A BELIEF PER-SE, BUT IS THAT WHICH DOES AWAY WITH ALL BELIEFS.

''But that religion is still in its birth pangs. All the old religions will do everything in their power to kill it, to destroy it – because the birth of a science of consciousness will be the death of all these so-called religions which have been exploiting humanity for thousands of years.''

The most beautiful thing about science is that it does not pretend to be omniscient.

Science and Spirituality are now joining their ideas in their quest for ultimate truth, which is now established as being Consciousness is all there is.

http://www.osho.com/read/osho/vision/th ... al-mistake
seeds

Re: THE RELIGIONS – THEIR FUNDAMENTAL MISTAKE

Post by seeds »

Dontaskme wrote:
There is only one true religion and that is ONENESS... or NONDUALITY...
Without a doubt, the concept of “ONENESS” sounds very warm and fuzzy.

However, what does it suggest about the status of one’s consciousness and personal self-awareness after the death of the body?

_______
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

You can't do away with beliefs. You can call them something else, but they're still beliefs.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

seeds wrote:
However, what does it suggest about the status of one’s consciousness and personal self-awareness after the death of the body?
The root cause of duality is that you sensed your own Beingness (existence). The very experience of your Beingness (existence) is unreal because you cannot experience what you already are, you can only realize (think) you exist.

What you are is unborn awareness therefore cannot die.....what you think you are (personal) is a temporal illusory experience appearing within that which you already are. The personal is a false illusory imprint upon this already existing faceless reality which is known as pure awareness.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Terrapin Station wrote:You can't do away with beliefs. You can call them something else, but they're still beliefs.
No one believes this.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Dontaskme wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:You can't do away with beliefs. You can call them something else, but they're still beliefs.
No one believes this.
<rimshot>
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote:The root cause of duality is that you sensed your own Beingness (existence). The very experience of your Beingness (existence) is unreal because you cannot experience what you already are, you can only realize (think) you exist.

What you are is unborn awareness therefore cannot die.....what you think you are (personal) is a temporal illusory experience appearing within that which you already are. The personal is a false illusory imprint upon this already existing faceless reality which is known as pure awareness.
How would everything be different if everyone thought/realized this?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Dontaskme wrote:
The root cause of duality is that you sensed your own Beingness (existence).
Actually, the root cause of duality lies in the fact that because you have indeed sensed your own “Beingness” (as in the Cartesian “I AM-ness”), you then realize that your body, other bodies, other minds, the earth, the sun, the galaxies, etc., are not an aspect of your Beingness.

Therefore, if you cannot give an adequate explanation for the existence of the “not-you” things listed above, then “duality” persists.
Dontaskme wrote:
The very experience of your Beingness (existence) is unreal because you cannot experience what you already are, you can only realize (think) you exist.
No offence intended, but I cannot think of anything less useful to humans than the utter nonsense of trying to convince them that they do not exist, but only “think” they exist.
Dontaskme wrote:
What you are is unborn awareness therefore cannot die...
In what context does this “unborn awareness” exist in when it is not encapsulated in matter?

In other words, please describe as best you can exactly what this unborn awareness is “aware of” when it resides in its incorporeal form?

_______
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote:There is only one true religion and that is ONENESS... or NONDUALITY

...IT'S NOT A BELIEF PER-SE, BUT IS THAT WHICH DOES AWAY WITH ALL BELIEFS.

''But that religion is still in its birth pangs. All the old religions will do everything in their power to kill it, to destroy it – because the birth of a science of consciousness will be the death of all these so-called religions which have been exploiting humanity for thousands of years.''
So far it sounds like Zen, which has been around for over a thousand years, but has been grossly misunderstood by many.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

seeds wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: The root cause of duality is that you sensed your own Beingness (existence).
Actually, the root cause of duality lies in the fact that because you have indeed sensed your own “Beingness” (as in the Cartesian “I AM-ness”), you then realize that your body, other bodies, other minds, the earth, the sun, the galaxies, etc., are not an aspect of your Beingness.
Therefore, if you cannot give an adequate explanation for the existence of the “not-you” things listed above, then “duality” persists.
Dontaskme wrote: The very experience of your Beingness (existence) is unreal because you cannot experience what you already are, you can only realize (think) you exist.
No offence intended, but I cannot think of anything less useful to humans than the utter nonsense of trying to convince them that they do not exist, but only “think” they exist.
Dontaskme wrote: What you are is unborn awareness therefore cannot die...
In what context does this “unborn awareness” exist in when it is not encapsulated in matter?
In other words, please describe as best you can exactly what this unborn awareness is “aware of” when it resides in its incorporeal form?
_______
There are mystics that believe that with the proper meditation everything will fade away into nothingness, because it doesn't exist in the first place. I haven't tried it because i'm enjoying my grandchildren too much, and I don't know what would happen if everything just faded away.

The "unborn awareness" is the union of the "individual mind" with the "universal mind" or "one mind" in a nondualistic state.
Last edited by thedoc on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

The basic purpose of religion is to allow the believer to connect to God, the fundamental error is that most religions insulate the believer from ever having a connection to God, by providing artificial feelings of being religious. Organized religions tell us to believe certain "articles of faith", and do certain "religious acts", rather than provide an opportunity for believers to have a true religious experience, to have a real mystical experience. The church I belong to supports the local food bank, and often collects a lot of food for them to distribute, but this is one of the "religious acts" that make people feel good that they are helping others, but it doesn't provide for a true religious experience.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Religion are powered by prophets, science are limited by scientists intellect.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote:Religion are powered by prophets, science are limited by scientists intellect.
Prophets are moved by a religious experience, scientists can provide us with articles of faith, or prove that they are not what they claim to be.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote:
There are mystics that believe that with the proper meditation everything will fade away into nothingness, because it doesn't exist in the first place. I haven't tried it because i'm enjoying my grandchildren too much, and I don't know what would happen if everything just faded away.

The "unborn awareness" is the union of the "individual mind" with the "universal mind" or "one mind" in a nondualistic state.
Thanks for your sincere comments doc..the thing is though..nonduality is not for the faint of heart because it destroys you like a ghost. No one in their right mind would want to face their faceless face. And I don't believe that's how it's meant to be anyway. Even though some are happy to be destroyed, it's a kind of relief for them ..but others are just not ready to be unplugged and probably never will be....it would be like game over, and so the game goes on, or it seems most are happy to be playing the game.

The stark truth is...We are in a constant state of not-knowing, and I think that's where the problem lies, because I don't think humans are happy with not-knowing...and is why they've invented religions and other false belief systems...all humans have done is make up stories about what they think they know.. but the real truth is we don't actually know anything. We just pretend to know, I don't think humans can handle that bare truth because humans are thinking creatures with an intellect.

Nonduality is just saying there is no one to know anything, and that all knowledge is illusory.... and what remains after that realisation is complete and utter nothingness and silence.

Now who in the world is going to look at that raw truth ? ...not many and maybe it's best not to even try. There will be those that scoff at that realisation without ever trying it out for them self....but unless one has looked at this, it's pointless to even try to deny it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: How would everything be different if everyone thought/realized this?
This is not about anything being different. Life will go on the same as it's ever was. It's about the realisation that no ''THING'' is living LIFE. It's about seeing the emptiness in everything living.