The concept of God is incoherent

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: The concept of God is incoherent

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

The title of this thread is based in ignorance. The only way for it to have been written with any sort of truth factor is something along the lines of: The concepts of god, that I have been apprised, to my understanding of them, seem to be incoherent.

Anything more or less in content, is not very well thought out!! But then no one has ever said that visitors here are necessarily intelligent.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:The title of this thread is based in ignorance. The only way for it to have been written with any sort of truth factor is something along the lines of: The concepts of god, that I have been apprised, to my understanding of them, seem to be incoherent.

Anything more or less in content, is not very well thought out!! But then no one has ever said that visitors here are necessarily intelligent.
Well duh obviously.

So have you got a coherent version of god that you would like to share with us?
SpheresOfBalance

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:The title of this thread is based in ignorance. The only way for it to have been written with any sort of truth factor is something along the lines of: The concepts of god, that I have been apprised, to my understanding of them, seem to be incoherent.

Well duh obviously.

Come now HC, you know I'm an Agnostic, knowing that neither theists nor atheists, can neither know, nor prove that a creator of the universe either does or does not exist. In both cases their ignorance decides what it is that they believe, yes, their faith! ;-)

Edit 1: rearrange words, to make more clear
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Dontaskme wrote:what do you personally want from this particular conversation?
I was just hoping to try to make some sense out of your philosophical views.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Terrapin Station wrote:I was just hoping to try to make some sense out of your philosophical views.
Don't make sense - be your own best friend, father, mother, teacher.

Every word spoken is an illusory make-belief. Real reality is tacit. LISTEN and SILENT are spelled with the same letters. Life listens, it's doesn't speak. It''s what you are right now, already here. You're never not here. What is wrong with right now unless you think about it.

It’s no coincidence that man’s best friend cannot talk.
—Unknown

Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Dontaskme wrote:Don't make sense . . .
It's probably going to be more of a challenge for me to make any sense out of your views if you don't care about making sense.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Terrapin Station wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Don't make sense . . .
It's probably going to be more of a challenge for me to make any sense out of your views if you don't care about making sense.

My world no longer makes sense.

...fortunately it doesn't have to...
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Well duh obviously.

Come now HC, you know I'm an Agnostic, knowing that neither theists nor atheists, can neither know, nor prove that a creator of the universe either does or does not exist. In both cases their ignorance decides what it is that they believe, yes, their faith! ;-)

In other words NO. You can't be agnostic about a thing for which no coherent definition or meaning exists. It's simply absurd.
SpheresOfBalance

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Well duh obviously.

In other words NO.
Pay attention dumb ass, that's what I just said! ;-)

You can't be agnostic about a thing for which no coherent definition or meaning exists.
Two things:
First, you need to pay attention to the first definition of agnostic, which is:

"a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience."

Second, you only have 'faith,' much like theists, that it's you, that can say with 'certainty' what is and is not coherent and does and does not exist.

It's simply absurd.
No! It's your elitism of ignorance that's simply absurd.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: No! It's your elitism of ignorance that's simply absurd.
No one can outdo your arrogance: "The title of this thread is based in ignorance. The only way for it to have been written with any sort of truth factor is something along the lines of: The concepts of god, that I have been apprised, to my understanding of them, seem to be incoherent."

But you are just too pig ignorant to take any criticism,
SpheresOfBalance

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: No! It's your elitism of ignorance that's simply absurd.
No one can outdo your arrogance: "The title of this thread is based in ignorance. The only way for it to have been written with any sort of truth factor is something along the lines of: The concepts of god, that I have been apprised, to my understanding of them, seem to be incoherent."

But you are just too pig ignorant to take any criticism,
Actually pigs are more intelligent than dogs.
BUT...

Instead of simply quoting me...

TAKE IT APPART, shit for brains. Show me the error of my ways, point by point. I welcome it.

I don't think you're actually capable. You just make wild claims without attaching notes of logic. Point out my falsehoods, and the why of them!

I'm sure I'll be waiting for quite some time, before you actually have the balls to take me on coherently, logically. You know I can bust your chops when it comes to logic.
seeds

Post by seeds »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: The title of this thread is based in ignorance. The only way for it to have been written with any sort of truth factor is something along the lines of: The concepts of god, that I have been apprised, to my understanding of them, seem to be incoherent.
Hi SpheresOfBalance,

What you have stated above is spot-on correct.
_______
SpheresOfBalance

seeds wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: The title of this thread is based in ignorance. The only way for it to have been written with any sort of truth factor is something along the lines of: The concepts of god, that I have been apprised, to my understanding of them, seem to be incoherent.
Hi SpheresOfBalance,

What you have stated above is spot-on correct.
_______
Thanks seeds, it's always nice to meet someone that shares your view, especially when you feel it's been honed to the perfection, of the consideration, of all peoples of the world. One of my pet peeves are ones usage of combinations of words that seem to state things as though they are absolutely correct, as if the one stating them can necessarily know for a fact of their certainty. Of course I'm referring to topics that are currently far too complex for any human to 'prove' they actually know for certain. First and foremost I believe in the aim of science. But of course as it's father, philosophy is just as important. I see that philosophy is always the first foot forward in any human endeavor, followed closely by it's children, the sciences, which are responsible for the eventual clarity of understanding and reasonable certainty.

later, my friend.