Is the need of salvation an evil lie from religions?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Is the need of salvation an evil lie from religions?

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote: Rather, it's simply about stroking himself in front of people.
So he likes it when someone is watching? I'll pass, thankyou.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote:
thedoc wrote:I understand that some consider it insanity, to do the same thing over and over again, and expect different results. So you are saying that Bob has made the same post over and over again, expecting different results?
He repeats the same paragraphs and blurbs, often word-for-word, and often starting new threads to say something he has already said many times.

My guess is that he doesn't really expect any results from it -- nor that he does it for that reason. I think he's used to being ignored, and being in his own world. Rather, it's simply about stroking himself in front of people. And if he can stir up some angry interaction, his own anger feeds off of that.

I say this because anytime someone has responded to him respectfully and asked reasonable questions of interest, he ignores them or lashes out. So it seems clear that he's not trying to accomplish anything other than his own self-pleasuring.
I've seen this before, and it seems to be part of a martyr complex.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

thedoc wrote:I've seen this before, and it seems to be part of a martyr complex.
I'm not a martyr, I'm a divinely inspired prophet, but I reluctantly confess that I'm not really sure what the rest of you are.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bobevenson wrote:
thedoc wrote:I've seen this before, and it seems to be part of a martyr complex.
I'm not a martyr, I'm a divinely inspired prophet, but I reluctantly confess that I'm not really sure what the rest of you are.
All the world is crazy, except for thee and me, but I'm not to sure about thee.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:I'm a divinely inspired prophet
You're addicted to the rush and the repetition of your ideas, Bob. You can look at any addict to see how that leads to a very low-level of delusional functioning. You don’t need to remain stuck there, though. Such things can be worked through... and you can embrace whole new expanses of awareness. There's always so much more than where you think you are. ALWAYS! And you're never more significant than anyone else. Don't keep playing the same old record, Bob -- it stunts you.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

My myriad prophetic credentials trump your meaningless foaming-at-the mouth attack.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:My myriad prophetic credentials trump your meaningless foaming-at-the mouth attack.
Angry, violent addicts are the worst, seeing everything as an attack, and raging against all (as you repeatedly appear to do). Countless self-proclaimed "divine ones" have destroyed all around them -- and they all think THEY are somehow different or better than all others. There is no love or clarity or evolving wisdom from them. There is only dark and drooling obsessed delusion. In a universe of such vast possibilities, they are but little tools.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I offer salvation in a game called Ouzo. What do you offer?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:I offer salvation in a game called Ouzo. What do you offer?
You aren't able to deliver what you claim, Bob. You are in no position to offer anyone salvation -- you've not even mastered yourself. And you seem unable to comprehend (time and time again) anything that might exist of value beyond your self-absorbed bubble. That is not a sign of wisdom or anything divine, Bob.

What do I offer? Maybe that I strive to be authentic (with care, even if feisty) in the moment. People tell me they appreciate that. I feel the same way when they do it. I think we can all help remind each other of how much more present we can be. More can be accomplished and realized in that state. So it's a gift we can give to each other.

Let's be honest about your rantings... you're just doing it for yourself, right? You're not intentionally doing anything for anyone else... are you? Because how can you offer anything to anyone, and get them to trust you, if you can't/don't connect with them? YOU are the most visible PRODUCT of your ideas... and, based on the "market research" of this site, it doesn't seem likely that the current buggy version of such a product will sell, nor are there any buyers. It's just common business sense. Don't hate people for being too sensible to fall for your personal obsession/addiction. You've not only lost perspective, you've lost touch with your "buyers"... and I dare say the market has travelled well beyond you, as it does for many people all the time. Only those who can evolve quickly, make it, right?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:I offer salvation in a game called Ouzo. What do you offer?
You aren't able to deliver what you claim, Bob. In the poetic introduction to "The Ouzo Prophecy" it says, "I can offer you salvation in a game called Ouzo," and the rest of the paper goes into detail. Is it my problem that you cannot pick up on it? You are in no position to offer anyone salvation. Sorry, but as a divinely inspired prophet, I certainly am.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote: In the poetic introduction to "The Ouzo Prophecy" it says, "I can offer you salvation in a game called Ouzo," and the rest of the paper goes into detail. Is it my problem that you cannot pick up on it?

Nobody cares or believes what you wrote up. There's nothing to pick up on. It's all made up. Maybe you really believe it. I actually don't think you do either.
bobevenson wrote:
lacewing wrote:You are in no position to offer anyone salvation.
Sorry, but as a divinely inspired prophet, I certainly am.
Except that... you're not and you aren't. Name one person who has received salvation because of you. (tic, toc, tic, toc...) NO ONE. What kind of hack prophet are you if you need a GAME to administer salvation? (A game that you make money off of, by the way.) You can't even demonstrate your OWN salvation. Didn't you ever think that might be the best place for you to START, or are you just ignoring all of that so that you can leap into some superior delusional role and scream at people?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:A game that you make money off of, by the way.
I haven't made any money off Ouzo, but if I do, it will go right back into offering people the salvation of Ouzo, the ultimate game.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Salvation from what exactly? I hear this talk of salvation, but fail to see what I'm being saved from. God being the alpha and omega, only he could save, and only from himself. So why ask salvation from your punisher? It makes no sense.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dalek Prime wrote:Salvation from what exactly? I hear this talk of salvation, but fail to see what I'm being saved from. God being the alpha and omega, only he could save, and only from himself. So why ask salvation from your punisher? It makes no sense.
I think Bob is the only one in need of salvation from himself.

PhilX
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Salvation from what exactly? I hear this talk of salvation, but fail to see what I'm being saved from. God being the alpha and omega, only he could save, and only from himself. So why ask salvation from your punisher? It makes no sense.
I think Bob is the only one in need of salvation from himself.

PhilX
We all get our salvation from existence in the end.