The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by Arising_uk »

FlashDangerpants wrote:... I don't understand why you can't just say that your plan to print lots of money was an error and you've changed your mind. ...
Because he's a loon.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:... I don't understand why you can't just say that your plan to print lots of money was an error and you've changed your mind. ...
Because he's a loon.
No, I'm a prophet, and the only thing I know for sure is that everybody is stupid except me; I'm the only person on Earth who's not stupid. And the reason I know this is that I'm the only person on Earth who understands "The Ouzo Prophecy." Yes, I know, the spokesman for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project astonishingly enough appeared to understand the paper, but that was merely a case of divine intervention for my benefit.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

See what I mean, a loon!!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote:No, I'm a prophet, and the only thing I know for sure is that everybody is stupid except me; I'm the only person on Earth who's not stupid. And the reason I know this is that I'm the only person on Earth who understands "The Ouzo Prophecy." Yes, I know, the spokesman for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project astonishingly enough appeared to understand the paper, but that was merely a case of divine intervention for my benefit.
Hi Bob.

What is the Ouzo prophecy? Can you tell us a little about it? Maybe if it is a good one some of us will agree with it? :)
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote:Please, be my guest: http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/ouzo-prophecy.pdf
So you seem to be saying a number of things. Among them:

1. Jesus Christ will return.
2. His name when he returns will be Tor.

I have to confess I'm a bit skeptical when people make such claims. My first instinct is to ask, "how do you know this?'

For example: How do you know Jesus Christ will return? How do you know his name will be "Tor" upon returns?
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Gary Childress wrote: For example: How do you know Jesus Christ will return? How do you know his name will be "Tor" upon returns?
Try and pay attention, Gary. Bob the Baptist knows this because he is a prophet who has been granted a divine revelation. In other words he's a raving fucking lunatic.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Obvious Leo wrote:
Gary Childress wrote: For example: How do you know Jesus Christ will return? How do you know his name will be "Tor" upon returns?
Try and pay attention, Gary. Bob the Baptist knows this because he is a prophet who has been granted a divine revelation. In other words he's a raving fucking lunatic.
I realize Bob hasn't been the most civil person to discuss things with on the forum. I have no idea who fired first or who's fault it is but it seems that there is incivility on both sides now. To think one is a prophet certainly seems arrogant and pretentious. I really do question the authenticity of such a claim, but I just want to hear what Bob has to say at this point.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Please no!!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:
I realize Bob hasn't been the most civil person to discuss things with on the forum. I have no idea who fired first or who's fault it is but it seems that there is incivility on both sides now. To think one is a prophet certainly seems arrogant and pretentious. I really do question the authenticity of such a claim, but I just want to hear what Bob has to say at this point.
Gary, I appreciate your open mind on the subject, something that is lacking by others. There is no way to prove that one is a prophet other than to submit mystical credentials that point in that direction. In my case, I can present a variety of them. For instance, in the Ouzo papers at http://church-of-ouzo.com, the letter from the spokesman for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project, an ultra-conservative Christian organization, didn't have a chance in hell of ever being written, and I submit it as a case of divine intervention for my benefit. When I was looking for a liquor brand to name my version of the bar game of liar's poker after, and to use as a promotional tie-in, the only positive reply I received was from the importer of Ouzo by Metaxa that said, "I am very interested in your idea. Call me." I rushed to the library to get oriented to Greece, and browsed through a large travel book that
described a Grecian café. It said not to be surprised if the waiter carefully goes over your bill many times since the Greeks love numbers. I said to myself that this was like an omen from heaven since the game is nothing but numbers. But when I called the marketing executive two days after he had written me, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, another example of divine intervention. There have been a series of auditory and visual hallucinations that have advanced the development of Ouzo, similar to those of the prophet John on the isle of Patmos, when he wrote the book of Revelation in 96AD. And finally, as confirmed by the Public Library of Cincinnati, I discovered the earliest reference to Cincinnati as the Queen City, indirectly relating it to Babylon and ancient Rome in the book of Revelation, doing in 20 minutes what the rest of the world couldn't do in 170 years.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote:Gary, I appreciate your open mind on the subject, something that is lacking by others. There is no way to prove that one is a prophet other than to submit mystical credentials that point in that direction. In my case, I can present a variety of them. For instance, in the Ouzo papers at http://church-of-ouzo.com, the letter from the spokesman for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project, an ultra-conservative Christian organization, didn't have a chance in hell of ever being written, and I submit it as a case of divine intervention for my benefit. When I was looking for a liquor brand to name my version of the bar game of liar's poker after, and to use as a promotional tie-in, the only positive reply I received was from the importer of Ouzo by Metaxa that said, "I am very interested in your idea. Call me." I rushed to the library to get oriented to Greece, and browsed through a large travel book that
described a Grecian café. It said not to be surprised if the waiter carefully goes over your bill many times since the Greeks love numbers. I said to myself that this was like an omen from heaven since the game is nothing but numbers. But when I called the marketing executive two days after he had written me, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, another example of divine intervention. There have been a series of auditory and visual hallucinations that have advanced the development of Ouzo, similar to those of the prophet John on the isle of Patmos, when he wrote the book of Revelation in 96AD. And finally, as confirmed by the Public Library of Cincinnati, I discovered the earliest reference to Cincinnati as the Queen City, indirectly relating it to Babylon and ancient Rome in the book of Revelation, doing in 20 minutes what the rest of the world couldn't do in 170 years.
Hi Bob,

All I can say is, none of that convinces me you are a prophet. None of that convinces me that Jesus will return and that he will be named "Tor".
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress wrote:All I can say is, none of that convinces me you are a prophet.
Or to put it more succinctly, nothing I could say would convince you.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:All I can say is, none of that convinces me you are a prophet.
Or to put it more succinctly, nothing I could say would convince you.
Probably not. Could anything I say convince you that there is an invisible elephant standing next to you at this very moment? What if I told you I am a prophet, Bob? What would convince you that I am a prophet?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress wrote: What if I told you I am a prophet, Bob? What would convince you that I am a prophet?
Prophetic credentials similar to those I have submitted.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote:
Gary Childress wrote: What if I told you I am a prophet, Bob? What would convince you that I am a prophet?
Prophetic credentials similar to those I have submitted.
OK. You win, Bob. I don't think I'm a prophet. And I don't think you are either.