The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: The Most Despotic Taxes Known to Mankind

Post by bobevenson »

I have addressed AEP taxation policy from every position until I'm blue in the face.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:I have addressed AEP taxation policy from every position until I'm blue in the face.
No, you've just re-spouted the same phrases again and again. You have not addressed the issue raised that you will beggar your country. Is this because that is exactly what you wish, as apparently you wish to give our world to 'Satan' and the 'Beast' and then later to this 'God' of yours. Turncoat kiss-arse traitor I think you.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

bobevenson wrote:I have addressed AEP taxation policy from every position until I'm blue in the face.
You should go to the hospital and have your pulmonary bits tested if you are blue in the face as a result of such inadequate efforts. You must have emphysema or a hole in the heart.

You never explained why it is wrong to tax incomes, you just insisted without reflecting.
You failed to address any of the obvious reasons why you shouldn't print enough money to buy everything that exists (let alone some plan for how to distribute 80 trillion new dollars).
You claimed point blank that printing exponentially more money than exists is an inflation control measure which is absurdly untrue.

We skipped the whole inspection of what you think "intrinsic" actually means because I got bored of you.
We never got to the question of tax incidence because I think you are too stupid for it.
Likewise, any discussion of an optimal currency zone (something your plan would eliminate) is clearly beyond you.

The advice I gave you before still stands. Stop this and reconsider. I'm sure God will give you a whole new plan before long.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

It is the responsibility of government to ensure that the total money supply is approximately equal to the total value of property; otherwise, the result will be economic inflation or deflation. It is absolutely critical to a free society that money be a repository of value. Aren't you glad you have the prophetic guidance of Bob the Baptist?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Me: I'm fond of paying for what 'I' use and you paying for what you use, so, my idea of the the 'ideal' tax is not a tax at all but the simple transaction.

Too many folks will, of course, die under that scheme...how can they not? They won't take care of themselves with oodles of tax-funded programs 'now'.

We've fallen into the trap of believing the one (or, many) who won't, has (have) the same 'right' to eat as the one(s) who will, and we're workin' hard to make 'from each, according to ability, to each, according to need' mandatory.

Bad news for everyone, all the way 'round.
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote:It is the responsibility of government to ensure that the total money supply is approximately equal to the total value of property; otherwise, the result will be economic inflation or deflation. It is absolutely critical to a free society that money be a repository of value. Aren't you glad you have the prophetic guidance of Bob the Baptist?
That's stupid. The amount of money in circulation must balance the amount of stuff that is bought and sold. If you print enough money to to cover the approximate value of every item of value in the USA you will expand the available money supply by a factor of at least 10. And everyone will suddenly have huge piles of cash money lying around.

After that nobody would accept $10 for doing $10 of work any more (the market value of $10 having been reduced by a factor of 10). $10 of work would now cost $100 or more, and then you would have to print 10 times as much cash all over again, with the same result.

Before 6 months had passed you would be printing $1,000,000 notes.

That's the worst idea for controlling inflation anyone ever had.
FlashDangerpants

Re:

henry quirk wrote:We've fallen into the trap of believing the one (or, many) who won't, has (have) the same 'right' to eat as the one(s) who will
That sounds like the basis of some interesting new topic. This thread is pretty much circling the drain though. I think we've reached peak Evenson here and will soon be down to yet another boring round of Ouzo shenanigans shortly.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: I think we've reached peak Evenson here
A little bit of Evenson goes a fucking a long way, Flash, but it never seems to advance the discussion by very much. However your critique of Evensonomics has been quite illuminating, even though one wouldn't need a lot of economics to recognise Bob's model as a crock of shit.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
bobevenson wrote:It is the responsibility of government to ensure that the total money supply is approximately equal to the total value of property; otherwise, the result will be economic inflation or deflation. It is absolutely critical to a free society that money be a repository of value. Aren't you glad you have the prophetic guidance of Bob the Baptist?
That's stupid. The amount of money in circulation must balance the amount of stuff that is bought and sold. If you print enough money to to cover the approximate value of every item of value in the USA you will expand the available money supply by a factor of at least 10. And everyone will suddenly have huge piles of cash money lying around.

After that nobody would accept $10 for doing $10 of work any more (the market value of $10 having been reduced by a factor of 10). $10 of work would now cost $100 or more, and then you would have to print 10 times as much cash all over again, with the same result.

Before 6 months had passed you would be printing $1,000,000 notes.

That's the worst idea for controlling inflation anyone ever had.
I'm sorry, but you don't understand the subject. Let me give you a simplified shortcut of what I'm talking about. Regardless of what you consider to be the proper form of taxation, please understand that it is the government and only the government that is responsible for protecting the value of money from inflation or deflation. And it can only do this by controlling the amount of money in existence.
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote: I'm sorry, but you don't understand the subject. Let me give you a simplified shortcut of what I'm talking about. Regardless of what you consider to be the proper form of taxation, please understand that it is the government and only the government that is responsible for protecting the value of money from inflation or deflation. And it can only do this by controlling the amount of money in existence.
That's what the Fed already does. There is approximately 10.5 to 11 Trillion US dollars in M0 money supply right now (of which only a fairly small proportion is actual coins and notes)
Your plan requires the printing and distribution of roughly 80 Trillion more dollars. Probably all of it as cash money I assume?

The Quanity Theory of Money covers what would happen to prices if you printed that much money and gave it out.
You are taking the price equation MV = PQ and massively increasing M (money supply).
Which means the value of PQ must soar, unless V takes a huge hit (V is the rate at which dollars are being spent. When it falls you are in recession)
You haven't increased Q by any equivalent amount (Q is demand, when it is high your economy has overheated, when it is low, you are in recession)
Therefore P will spike massively.
P is prices. When P goes up, that's inflation. Your P would necessarily rise at a rate never before seen.

Unless your less tyrannical plan for the economy is to regulate prices so that it is illegal to increase them of course.
But that is what MAduro has done in Venezuela, and the result is that nobody there can buy enough toilet paper. So you probably don't want to do that.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: the result is that nobody there can buy enough toilet paper.
Since Bob is full of shit this could only be seen as both an economic and social catastrophe.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote:That's what the Fed already does.
The U.S. Federal Reserve System is a criminal operation that has as its goal an inflation rate of 2.5%.
FlashDangerpants

The AEP is an abominable operation which has as its goal 2,500% inflation.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

All of a sudden, you can't defend the Fed, huh? I guess you agree that it's better to be abominable than criminal.
FlashDangerpants

You didn't provide any reason why the Fed should be considered criminal. Why would I bother defending them against an empty charge? It wouldn't make any difference either way as the Fed is part of your state and therefore not illegal. And also because any other point I make will just result in your tedious foreigners-aren't-entitled-to-an-opinion assault on basic reason.

you are just evading because I explained your hyperinflation problem but you are too out of your depth to do anything about it.

You have failed to defend your tax theory on any level so far, despite being blue in the face.