"The Varieties of Religious Experience"

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: "The Varieties of Religious Experience"

Post by bobevenson »

Based on my prophetic credentials, our spiritual position is based exclusively on the psychological conditioning by institutional false prophets (please refer to the book of Revelation and "The Ouzo Prophecy" for additional details).
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

bobevenson wrote:(please refer to the book of Revelation and "The Ouzo Prophecy" for additional details).
The entrails of poultry have traditionally been considered as far more reliable portents of the future, Bob. The Romans ruled the world for a millennium on the back of this methodology so you should give it a try.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Based on my prophetic credentials, ...
Are those agnostic credentials or the ones of an absolute fool bob?

bobevenson wrote:Theist, agnostic, atheist. As Bob the Baptist, I can tell you that the first and third are fools, and absolute fools at that.
bobevenson wrote:Anybody who isn't an agnostic is a fool.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Obvious Leo wrote:
bobevenson wrote:(please refer to the book of Revelation and "The Ouzo Prophecy" for additional details).
The entrails of poultry have traditionally been considered as far more reliable portents of the future, Bob. The Romans ruled the world for a millennium on the back of this methodology so you should give it a try.
Mr. Oblivious, you continue to mistake the meaning of the term "prophecy" in this context as being a prediction instead of a divinely inspired utterance.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

bobevenson wrote: Mr. Oblivious, you continue to mistake the meaning of the term "prophecy" in this context as being a prediction instead of a divinely inspired utterance.
By "divinely inspired" do you mean originating from a source external to physical reality?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Obvious Leo wrote:
bobevenson wrote: Mr. Oblivious, you continue to mistake the meaning of the term "prophecy" in this context as being a prediction instead of a divinely inspired utterance.
By "divinely inspired" do you mean originating from a source external to physical reality?
That sounds about right.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

bobevenson wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:
That sounds about right.
Tell us about this transcendent source. What is its nature and how does it convey its message to you?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Well, I'm obviously not in a position to discuss the source, but I have disclosed a series of mystical occurrences relating to Ouzo, including visual and auditory hallucinations, automatic writing, and instances of apparently divine inspiration, guidance and intervention that I would be more than happy to discuss in mind-numbing detail.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

bobevenson wrote:Well, I'm obviously not in a position to discuss the source, but I have disclosed a series of mystical occurrences relating to Ouzo, including visual and auditory hallucinations, automatic writing, and instances of apparently divine inspiration, guidance and intervention that I would be more than happy to discuss in mind-numbing detail.
In the interests of the sensitivities of the forum members, as well as in the long-term interests of your own mental health, it might be wisest if you withhold a more detailed discussion of your symptoms at this time. These are intensely personal matters and should only be aired between yourself and a suitably qualified medical professional. Ordinarily I'd be more than happy to offer my own services but my experience is that indigent dole-bludgers can rarely afford my fees.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Aha, in other words, your question lacked any seriousness at all, which, of course, is tantamount to fraud.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Aha, in other words, your question lacked any seriousness at all, which, of course, is tantamount to fraud.
But in your own words you are an absolute fool bob and all Leo was doing was telling you to spare us your foolishness.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Aha, in other words, your question lacked any seriousness at all, which, of course, is tantamount to fraud.
But in your own words you are an absolute fool bob and all Leo was doing was telling you to spare us your foolishness.
How sad that lacking anything to say, you imitate a stuck record and try to interpret another person's comment.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:How sad that lacking anything to say, you imitate a stuck record and try to interpret another person's comment.
Not much else to do as you won't answer questions about your comments.
bobevenson wrote:Theist, agnostic, atheist. As Bob the Baptist, I can tell you that the first and third are fools, and absolute fools at that.
So tell us bob, are you an agnostic or an absolute fool?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:Not much else to do...
Why don't you hug your teddy bear?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Why don't you hug your teddy bear?
More fun asking you about your thoughts.

So bob, given you said this,
Can we assume you are an agnostic? As I find it hard to believe you'd claim yourself an absolute fool. But if you do then what is an agnostic divinity?