What makes you happy?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Thomascbk

What makes you happy?

Post by Thomascbk »

Your happiness can only be described by yourself
I am defining happiness in this thread as: satisfaction in most things in life, a joyful life and being glad you woke up.
But free interpretation is required on this one.
Explain how you define happiness yourself, before going on at these questions so we can avoid miscommunication. :)

Are you happy in life right now?
If yes: -Explain to me how it feels to you.
-Tell me what makes you happy and how you got to that state of mind.
- What is your advice on getting to such a point

If not: -will you ever be happy?
-If yes: How are you going to reach that? - If not : Do you know what will make you happy?
----------------------------------------------------------- -If yes: How did you figure out / -If not: Why not?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes,yes. I know I am asking these questions to great thinkers and people that know the truth, which has them made come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as happiness, unless you create your own goals. Which assumes you have a free will, but you cant create your own goals without obtaining a feeling from your heart if the goals you want to set are right or wrong for you. Which assumes you have no free will to want what you want. Or something like that. Excuse me for my bad english.

But that is what I want to know from you, I want to know how you got through rough times (maybe even a depression) and how you did not lose hope, or did and recover from it or how it feels. I want to learn from your wisdom.

Thomascbk
Dalek Prime

Re: What makes you happy?

Post by Dalek Prime »

Not talking about happiness.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

"This too, will pass."
rianna

Post by rianna »

Listening to good music, like Billy Joel, Garth Brooks etc.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I'm happy when I feel physically well, when things are going right, when the sun shines and the cat-box is clean and nobody I care about has any problems beyond my ability to help.

When things go wrong, I'm unhappy, commensurate with what things and how badly they go and for how long.

Anybody who is happy all the time is either inordinately lucky or subject to some cognitive dysfunction. Anyone who is miserable all the time is either pathetically unlucky or suffering from some cognitive dysfunction. What they can do about their condition depends on their abilities, opportunities and situation. Nobody can give you a formula for your happiness: it has to be custom-made.
duszek

Post by duszek »

When I find a good solution to a problem I feel happy for a short period of time.

When I express something in a sort of unprofessional literary work I have a feeling of having created something, even if imperfect or gloomy.