WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Post by Arising_uk »

manden wrote:Men can with their logic and power create nothing . ...
Depends what you mean by 'create', although I personally have created life.
This shows ,that the universe can onlx have been created by an unimaginable superior logic and power .
No, what this shows is that we think in cause and effect and you think in the cultural box that your religious upbringing gave you. As it is not unimaginable that the universe is eternal and has always existed.
Who really can crasp that , knows that the real creator of the universe exists .
Billions think this.
manden

Post by manden »

It is your problem , if you don't want to t h i n k ! You must suffer for that in this life !
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

manden wrote:It is your problem , if you don't want to t h i n k ! You must suffer for that in this life !
You seem to be the one suffering, Manden. And you are trying to project it onto other people. Sorry... it's yours. Many of us do not need to see or think the way you do.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

I'm a bit worried about Hobbes, I think he might have gone off somewhere to die of embarrassment.
manden

Post by manden »

That the rest of the mankind is thinking wrong about the TRUE God , you must NOT tell me ! I know it !
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

manden wrote:That the rest of the mankind is thinking wrong about the TRUE God , you must NOT tell me ! I know it !
Not me, mate. I'm not thinking wrong about the true god at all. I've got that smug bastard well worked out and he won't be getting any of his bullshit across on me, mark my words. Self-righteous arseholes such as yourself are ten a penny also so if you're looking for new recruits you've probably landed in some rather unpromising territory by choosing a philosophy forum in which to set up your soap-box. I'd advise you to take your bat and ball and piss off before Bob Evenson catches you encroaching on his patch and forces a gallon of ouzo down your throat.
The Inglorious One

Post by The Inglorious One »

Why can't anything bring people together? Because people love to be titillated. They love the excitement, drama and, yes, even the conflict and pain that's inherent in being separated from the One.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

manden wrote:Simple answer : the religions are human inventions and imaginations
OK, got it!
- and in the main ( what concerns the TRUE God , the real creator of the universe - more of himself is not recognizable, and he is not God of any religion ) F A L S E ! ! !
Come now, you can do better than that, I know English is your second language, but I know you can do better, please expound!

And the human ideologies ( like capitalism ) can the mankind also not bring forward , of course ( only backward) !
OK, I think I tend to agree!

AND SO WE HAVE THIS CATASTROPHAL MANKIND AND WORLD !
Yeah mankind is rather flawed, much like your English, which is far better than my second language, as I have none. We're all fucked!
But pray tell, with things as they are, what's your solution?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
manden wrote:Simple answer : the religions are human inventions and imaginations
OK, got it!
- and in the main ( what concerns the TRUE God , the real creator of the universe - more of himself is not recognizable, and he is not God of any religion ) F A L S E ! ! !
Come now, you can do better than that, I know English is your second language, but I know you can do better, please expound!

And the human ideologies ( like capitalism ) can the mankind also not bring forward , of course ( only backward) !
OK, I think I tend to agree!

AND SO WE HAVE THIS CATASTROPHAL MANKIND AND WORLD !
Yeah mankind is rather flawed, much like your English, which is far better than my second language, as I have none. We're all fucked!
But pray tell, with things as they are, what's your solution?
Antinatalism, dumbass. Ceasing procreation until the problems melt away with us. Mine works. What solution do you have that's guaranteed to work?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Obvious Leo wrote:
manden wrote:I am the only human being who is really orientating to the real creator of the universe ( the TRUE God ) !
Clearly it's a thankless task. Why not take up golf instead?
Excellent idea!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

manden wrote:It is your problem , if you don't want to t h i n k ! You must suffer for that in this life !
Must I? Not really as my buddhist mother told me existence is suffering and desire is at the root, so I desire little and suffer hardly at all. Whereas you appear to desire much so must suffer horribly. My condolences.
manden

Post by manden »

I have the best news for you - we are not worth it , of course !

We - all human beings - have the true (eternal) life .

The reason : we are REALLY children of the TRUE God , the real creator of the universe ( NO religion , of course ) .

The little bad news : we must first reach it !

That means : we must learn to live in real harmony ( about : loving , responsible , sharing ) with his creation - all human beings and the nature .

( or short said : Love your Creator and all human beings with all your strength ( as yourself ) )

A VERY HARD TASK FOR T H I S MANKIND - but we will reach it some day !
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

manden wrote:I have the best news for you - we are not worth it , of course !

We - all human beings - have the true (eternal) life .
I'm not worth it, I'll stick with the true real life whilst I have it thanks.
The reason : we are REALLY children of the TRUE God , the real creator of the universe ( NO religion , of course ) .
Why did your 'creator' make such a large 'sandpit'? 13,000,000,000 light years so far.
The little bad news : we must first reach it !

That means : we must learn to live in real harmony ( about : loving , responsible , sharing ) with his creation - all human beings and the nature .
How do you know this? Maybe as 'its' 'children' our job is to fill the garden.
( or short said : Love your Creator and all human beings with all your strength ( as yourself ) )
Sounds like the Christian religion if you ask me.
A VERY HARD TASK FOR T H I S MANKIND - but we will reach it some day !
Especially if there is no 'creator'.
manden

Post by manden »

We have not and we cannot judge the real creator of the universe , whose thinking and logic is many billion times above our !
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

manden wrote:We have not and we cannot judge the real creator of the universe , whose thinking and logic is many billion times above our !
Then you should stop acting like you know it and can speak for it.

Hey everybody... Manden's rant is a perfect example of religious fervor: Continually badgering/condemning people with judgments and commandments and supposed "truths", and then responding to all thoughtful questions with some statement that says it is unknowable except by the person who is speaking of it AND/OR that the rest of us simply don't understand. NO RESPONSIBILITY EVER GOES ON THE PERSON WHO IS BLABBING THEIR MOUTH LIKE A FREAKIN' IDIOT, saying the same things over and over as if they are in a self-induced trance. It really is (I think) a form of insanity... and I'm surprised how MANY people put on such a display despite the unanimously appalled feedback of large numbers of thoughtful and intelligent and aware people. And these "messengers/tools" ignore all the other "messengers/tools" who are doing it too... and they ignore the fact that their own divine message is in conflict with all of the other divine messages. Wouldn't the LOGIC of that alone make most sane people re-examine what they're doing/thinking? But the trance is so powerful for some, it seems, it blocks out all self-awareness... as well as awareness of any connection/association with other people! Rather, it focuses on concocted IDEAS that it believes makes itself grander and more significant. It's robotic, detached, and creepy... and like talking with something that doesn't have a soul/spirit to connect to. And these people believe/insist that THEY are the MOST SPIRITUAL of all!

When there is no consciousness or respect of all else, but rather just a desire to climb on top of all others for the deceitful (even if unconscious or ignorant) purpose of "SHOWING THE WAY", I think it demonstrates what the concept of evil is really about. And being done in the name of a god or divine idea of some sort, is so subversive and potentially destructive to other people's spirits/sanity, it's much WORSE than a person who openly admits their hatefulness and destructiveness so you truly know what they're up to.

In humanity's history, these people might have actually convinced more simple-minded people... but now it is clear that such people, themselves, are simple-minded... and this is one of the reasons that religion seems so unreliable to me. So much of it seems based on someone's ignorance and ego and it has to do with making other people conform and think in a certain way -- rather than honoring the vast spirit and potential throughout all things, that we cannot contain in a simple labeled bottle because it has surely demonstrated to be continually flowing and beyond our measure! Which means... no one can tell someone ELSE how to access it in the "right way"! How do you tell a drop in the ocean how it should flow? And how foolish would it be to even try?