The World Needs a Leader

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

UniversalAlien

The World Needs a Leader

Post by UniversalAlien »

I consider myself to be an alien theorist - Always hypothesizing the existence of an advanced alien race viewing Man as a somewhat dumb unevolved species that can not escape the nightmares of its historical past - Always opting for political power and control and yet always failing to achieve a state of unity - A unity that would benefit the Human species. And why is this? Military leaders have tried again and again to triumph over each other and again and again they fail - And the world remains a fragmented planet of competing powers with objectives that seem too often to be at odds.

They did form a so called United Nations but that is like meaningless window dressing - The UN does not control or unify the countries of the World. So is it possible before we descend into the final battle of futility called World War Three which could easily set us back to the Stone Age, assuming there are any survivors, that the powers that be, be they the known power brokers or the conspiracies that operate in the background, could agree that enough is enough?- time to stop the meaningless wars and unify the planet under a common banner acceptable to most. Yes, it would be a 'New World Order' but no longer a conspiratorial concept but a legitimate entity ensuring certain basic rights, goals and asspirations for the species Man. And there would be a leader, President/Prime Minister who would bear the title 'World Leader' - And that's what he/she would be, not a dictator as he coulld be deposed by legal means if necessary but a genuine person voted in in a world wide election.

After thousands of years of historical nightmare, the nightmare would end - Man the species could stand proudly in the Universe and if my hypothetical aliens decide to make contact and say 'take us to your leader' could say Yes we have a leader and he is......... :?:

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
― Albert Einstein

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE
http://universalspacealienpeoplesassoci ... uture.html
Lacewing

Re: The World Needs a Leader

Post by Lacewing »

UA... Do you think that mankind is evolved enough to BE ABLE to even understand that "enough is enough" to the degree needed to actually do something about it? Might the intoxication be insurmountable until current structures/systems are unquestionably leveled/invalidated? Yes, it seems unfortunate that it might have to come to that... but when people have such tunnel-vision (as we do) -- whether because we're invested in self-gain from the current system, or because we can't even fathom or brave any other way than what we think we KNOW -- how likely are we to step out of that?

With so many agendas and viewpoints... and so much aggression... how could a single leader receive the respect and support needed... until there are such major shifts that there's no longer room/value/logic for separatist delusions?
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

Lacewing wrote:UA... Do you think that mankind is evolved enough to BE ABLE to even understand that "enough is enough" to the degree needed to actually do something about it? ................................
With so many agendas and viewpoints... and so much aggression... how could a single leader receive the respect and support needed... until there are such major shifts that there's no longer room/value/logic for separatist delusions?
Go with my alien view for a moment - An outside race looks at Man's history and says :?: Is this an intelligent species.
Five, Six thousand years after the history of the Bible the Middle East is fighting the same religious wars claiming God is on our side :!: Crazay and illogical - I'm sure that I am not the first to notice this {And they wonder why if aliens exist they will not make direct contact - probably scared to death of us, and worry that they might catch the 'human insanity disease'}

But I think we are evolved enough to start the ball rolling - Create a political movement - name if something llke:
"THE HUMAN UNITY PROJECT" Sub titled 'An attempt to advance the Human race into the future". It would attempt to avoid direct conflict with the various political, ethnic, and religious factions, rather it would try to convince the various competing factions that they would benefit in a unified world governed without war - Some would call it "The impossible dream". But that's what makes us better than animals, we can dream the impossible, and sometimes even make it happen.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
― Albert Einstein

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE
http://universalspacealienpeoplesassoci ... uture.html
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Any alien species that has climbed to the top of the tree of sentience on its own planet will know the score. The only way to get there is to become your own genetic engineer and eat the dumb ones.

"Homo hominis lupus est".....Plautus....Man is the wolf of man.

However, I agree that it's high time we shook off the habit.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Obvious Leo wrote:Any alien species that has climbed to the top of the tree of sentience on its own planet will know the score. The only way to get there is to become your own genetic engineer and eat the dumb ones.
That won't happen until we stop giving them the kind of jobs which put them in charge. Thereafter any unused or residual amount of brain power will be dedicated to an advanced course in corruption.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

The World Needs a Leader
Yes, but my dance card is full.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

Dubious wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:Any alien species that has climbed to the top of the tree of sentience on its own planet will know the score. The only way to get there is to become your own genetic engineer and eat the dumb ones.
That won't happen until we stop giving them the kind of jobs which put them in charge. Thereafter any unused or residual amount of brain power will be dedicated to an advanced course in corruption.
CORRUPTION you say :!: isn't that a big part of the problem :?: Power brokers in the shadows instead of up front and accountable - philosophers seem to shy away from conspiracy theory but a little study will show that not only is there some truth to many conspiracy theories of history - But if the world keeps going staus quo it will be run by nothing but conspiracy, an elite group of mobsters who answer to no one ! Now i am not a revolutionary and recognize that a power elite will always rise to the top - the nature of the beast. But with a transparent world government there will be some accountabilty - some chance for others, not in the inner circle to get there legitimately.

Government "Of the Pieople, for the People, and by the People" may be an idealism that will never fully be possible - But the least we can ask for is government that accepts responsibility for it actions - a word government accountable to the world it governs.

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
-Alexander the Great

A leader is a dealer in hope.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
-John F. Kennedy