WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Toady in Homs, a car bomb explodes and fulfils the religious dreams of a Muslim. Whilst the emergency services and concerned onlookers attend trying to help the victims, another muslim suicide bombs the area, thus fulfilling his religious dreams.
And you ask why can't religions being 'mankind forward"
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

manden wrote:You are a good dreamer , but nothing else !
Your words describe you, Manden.
manden

Post by manden »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Toady in Homs, a car bomb explodes and fulfils the religious dreams of a Muslim. Whilst the emergency services and concerned onlookers attend trying to help the victims, another muslim suicide bombs the area, thus fulfilling his religious dreams.
You see , religions can't bring the mankind forward , BECAUSE they are manmade and false like all other human ideologies ! ! !
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

manden wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Toady in Homs, a car bomb explodes and fulfils the religious dreams of a Muslim. Whilst the emergency services and concerned onlookers attend trying to help the victims, another muslim suicide bombs the area, thus fulfilling his religious dreams.
You see , religions can't bring the mankind forward , BECAUSE they are manmade and false like all other human ideologies ! ! !
you respond to a report about one "religion" and try to paint all religions with the same brush, there are few in other religions who would go to such extremes, but in Islam it seems to be more common. Prove that other religions are false, or that God does not exist by any definition.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

manden wrote:
So is God man-made.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
manden wrote:
you respond to a report about one "religion" and try to paint all religions with the same brush, there are few in other religions who would go to such extremes, but in Islam it seems to be more common. Prove that other religions are false, or that God does not exist by any definition.
Obviously you've not heard of the Crusades, and the Reformation. And do you not think that the religious Bush and Blair were not finding their justification for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan through their belief in god. Do you not know they prayed together, before committing to the wars.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:As usual, Arising has absolutely nothing to say, just empty talk from a guy with a girl's name (oh, I'm sorry, you haven't come out of the closet yet, have you).
While I've got your attention bobby,
bobevenson wrote:First of all, they're not my ideas at all since I am divinely inspired. I don't ignore questions on anything I say, and I invite you to ask them.
Oh good! So you'll answer these will you,
bobevenson wrote:Theist, agnostic, atheist. As Bob the Baptist, I can tell you that the first and third are fools, and absolute fools at that.
bobevenson wrote:Anybody who isn't an agnostic is a fool.
So tell us bob are you an agnostic or an absolute fool?

So tell us bob what does an agnostic mean by "they're not my ideas at all since I am divinely inspired", that is, what is this 'divinity' you refer to?
manden

Post by manden »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
manden wrote:
So is God man-made.
ONCE MORE : The TRUE God is the real creator of the universe - more of himself is not recognizable , he is N O T God of any religions !

I KNOW it , I could recognize his EXISTENCE at his creation ( I was the first human being who could do that , the rest of the mankind is since

many milleniums too corrupt and too " ill " to be able to recognize it ) . And that will us - the mankind - give the chance to change .

But I think it will be much work for the mankind .
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

manden wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
manden wrote:
So is God man-made.
ONCE MORE : The TRUE God is the real creator of the universe - more of himself is not recognizable , he is N O T God of any religions !

I KNOW it , I could recognize his EXISTENCE at his creation ( I was the first human being who could do that , the rest of the mankind is since

many milleniums too corrupt and too " ill " to be able to recognize it ) . And that will us - the mankind - give the chance to change .

But I think it will be much work for the mankind .
Prove it!
manden

Post by manden »

Prove it ! I have recognized it . I know it !

Try to recognize the EXISTENCE of the real creator of the universe at his creation :

When you can do it , you also know it ! That is the only way !
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

manden wrote:Prove it ! I have recognized it . I know it !

Try to recognize the EXISTENCE of the real creator of the universe at his creation :

When you can do it , you also know it ! That is the only way !
Why are you trying to bother us here with your personal delusion?
manden

Post by manden »

Why do I say you the truth ?

Because I want to help the mankind . We all share the same fate ! Deciding is , if we can recognize the EXISTENCE of the real creator of the universe .

Then we can want that his will be done . THIS IS ENOUGH ! Then we have reached our aim .

Believe it or not , that is the truth !
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

manden wrote:Because I want to help the mankind .
Try defenestration.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

manden wrote:Deciding is , if we can recognize the EXISTENCE of the real creator of the universe .
Won't help! He's already been microfiched with a permanent home in the archives. Strangely, hardly anyone noticed His disappearance.

Why would we need the EXISTENCE of the real creator of the universe to help mankind?

If we can't help each other which includes ALL our other cousins on the planet, not ONLY us, then WE as creatures of no merit are not worth saving to begin with...God or no God.

Put another way the last quatrain in a poem called 'A Short Essay on Man' I recall reading a long time ago, summarizes it quite well:

But if screw-ups follow screwing
which seems to be the case
and the most we do is our undoing
then even god will hide his face.

...slightly vulgar but to the point!