WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

manden

Post by manden »

Simple answer : the religions are human inventions and imaginations - and in the main ( what concerns the TRUE God , the real creator of the

universe - more of himself is not recognizable , and he is not God of any religion ) F A L S E ! ! !

And the human ideologies ( like capitalism ) can the mankind also not bring forward , of course ( only backward) !

AND SO WE HAVE THIS CATASTROPHAL MANKIND AND WORLD !
Hobbes' Choice

Re: WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Because Faith is the mind killer. Religion exhorts us to believe things that cannot be true.

There is no progress to be had from lies, and misinformation.

That we have progress is testament to the fact that most people don't give a rat's arse about god.
manden

Post by manden »

With the religions you are right , the religions block the mankind !

But the human ideologies are not better !

There is only ONE way for the mankind : we must try to recognize at his creation ( the universe(everything) ), that the real creator of the universe

- more of himself is not recognizable , he is N O T God of any religion - really exists !

If the mankind can do that , we know what we have to do , a n d we are able to learn to do it !

I can say that , because I could recognize the existence of the real creator of the unverse !
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Let's see, the Church of Ouzo is doing its part.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:
How is this true when it's just an idea in your head, and you are the only representative?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
How is this true when it's just an idea in your head, and you are the only representative?
Are you saying that you have never read "The Ouzo Prophecy," copyrighted by the Church of Ouzo?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

One can't move forward or grow up if the parents won't let go, or if the children don't. Such is true of any parent/child relationship, temporal or spiritual.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:Let's see, the Church of Ouzo is doing its part.
Lacewing wrote:How is this true when it's just an idea in your head, and you are the only representative?
bobevenson wrote:Are you saying that you have never read "The Ouzo Prophecy," copyrighted by the Church of Ouzo?
How are you and your ideas any different from all the other fabrication in this world? Why do you ignore the questions that are asked about what you say and claim, and instead point people off to go read more made-up stuff? How are you any better than all those you criticize when you refuse to have an honest discussion and provide direct answers, so that you can avoid and derail and manipulate toward your own end/reality instead?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Lacewing wrote:
Lacewing wrote:How is this true when it's just an idea in your head, and you are the only representative?
bobevenson wrote:Are you saying that you have never read "The Ouzo Prophecy," copyrighted by the Church of Ouzo?
How are you and your ideas any different from all the other fabrication in this world? Why do you ignore the questions that are asked about what you say and claim, and instead point people off to go read more made-up stuff? How are you any better than all those you criticize when you refuse to have an honest discussion and provide direct answers, so that you can avoid and derail and manipulate toward your own end/reality instead?
The only thing remarkable about the "Ouzo Prophecy" is that it is not a prophecy

The only thing remarkable about the "Church of Ouzo" is that it is neither a church nor does it have followers.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Cut the heavenly parental umbilical cord. You can go it alone.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
First of all, they're not my ideas at all since I am divinely inspired. I don't ignore questions on anything I say, and I invite you to ask them.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
First of all, they're not my ideas at all since I am divinely inspired. I don't ignore questions on anything I say, and I invite you to ask them.
It's okay to live a fantasy Bob. It's not okay to spread the delusion.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

My prophetic documentation assures you of fantasy-free and anti-delusional rhetoric.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Religious belief has been the single greatest impediment to progress in human history. However across the globe religious belief is now in full retreat and over the past century or so our species has taken giant leaps forward as a consequence. In most advanced societies very few people practice any form of religion and even this small number is dwindling. Although it's sometimes hard to see the progress being made in these societies there can be no doubt that on most of the usual metrics this progress is very real. Even in my own lifetime I have seen the world become a more peaceful place, more environmentally sustainable, more humane attitudes to animal welfare, more tolerant attitudes towards people of different cultures, better gender equality, an acceptance that one's sexual orientation cannot be determined by public policy, etc etc. I could list many more of such metrics but the sad fact is that we often tend to focus exclusively on the problems yet to be addressed instead of every now and again looking back a generation or two and patting ourselves on the back. Sure, we've got a long way to go, but we've also come a hell of a long way in a very short time. There is no doubt in my mind that the steady decline in the social hegemony of religious belief is largely responsible for this and that this trend will continue.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:It's okay to live a fantasy Bob. It's not okay to spread the delusion.
Exactly.

It's no different than any religion or belief system that touts itself as uniquely sanctioned and inspired and "true". They ALL say it. They have to. And they must invalidate others in order to uniquely validate themselves. So it's manipulated and made up to serve ONE narrow view (and ego) in the universe. Which is clearly ridiculous... and does nothing to expand beyond the self-serving delusions we are addicted to. Considering all that humankind has become aware of since more "primitive times", it's shocking that people can still keep making such claims with a straight face.