Everything is a Manifestation of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AiR

Everything is a Manifestation of God

Post by AiR »

What is the meaning of manifestation of God?

Everything around us, we ourselves, have not been created, because if we ask a question what is the source of our creation – there is no answer. The chicken or the egg - what came first - there is no answer. The tree or the seed -what came first - there is no answer. I came from my parents, my parents came from my grandparents, but where did they all start? What is the source? There is no answer and because there is no answer, we believe that all creation is a manifestation of God, which means that all of us, everything around us is nothing but God in the form of you, me, the trees and the skies, because God is the energy, the Creator and we know nothing beyond our lives.

We know that there is a power beyond our imagination - omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient. And is it not that this is His creation? But from what did he create us? We believe that the great creative, imaginative, amazing life force in us, and in beautiful nature is nothing but God. Look at the birds, look at the fish, look at the roses, each one of them is so amazing, unbelievable and they all express the beauty of God because they are God themselves. All these have been created from something - they have been created from God, and therefore, all these are God.

Therefore, all this is nothing but a manifestation of God. Of course, the mind will not agree to this because the mind is the enemy of the self and God realization. The mind will make us wander, will push us into believing that this is not possible, but after deep introspection and contemplation, we will come to realize that everything is a manifestation of God.

AiR
Harbal

Re: Everything is a Manifestation of God

Post by Harbal »

AiR wrote: Therefore, all this is nothing but a manifestation of God. Of course, the mind will not agree to this because the mind is the enemy of the self and God realization. The mind will make us wander, will push us into believing that this is not possible, but after deep introspection and contemplation, we will come to realize that everything is a manifestation of God.

AiR
Believe it or not, for many of us, our contemplations don't revolve around God. There's nothing wrong with thinking about God but too much of anything is usually bad for you. Don't you ever think about anything else?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

AiR wrote:What is the meaning of manifestation of God?

Everything around us, we ourselves, have not been created, because if we ask a question what is the source of our creation – there is no answer.
This is a non sequitur. Whether or not we are created is not dependant on whether we know what the source of our creation might be.
The chicken or the egg - what came first - there is no answer.
Actually there is a perfectly good answer to this. Eggs predate chickens by millions of years, and the first birds which would give rise to the evolution of chickens were all egg layers.
The tree or the seed -what came first - there is no answer.
You are miking the same error here as with chickens.
I came from my parents, my parents came from my grandparents, but where did they all start? What is the source? There is no answer and because there is no answer,
Maybe you should read a little biology. Great thinkers from Aristotle to Darwin have found some pretty good answers to this question, and know the history of life in some detail.
we believe that all creation is a manifestation of God, which means that all of us, everything around us is nothing but God in the form of you, me, the trees and the skies, because God is the energy, the Creator and we know nothing beyond our lives.
Who the hell is "we"? "We" know nothing of the sort. You pretend to know "god is energy" but seem hopelessly ignorant of other basic facts. Where on earth do you get such an idea, what do you mean by it, and how has this marvellous piece of information been uncovered?

We know that there is a power beyond our imagination - omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.
Nope, we don't.
And is it not that this is His creation? But from what did he create us? We believe that the great creative, imaginative, amazing life force in us, and in beautiful nature is nothing but God. Look at the birds, look at the fish, look at the roses, each one of them is so amazing, unbelievable and they all express the beauty of God because they are God themselves. All these have been created from something - they have been created from God, and therefore, all these are God.
Massive non sequitur. Are you claiming that an entity called gof is the creator or are you simply reducing the universe to one word and simply saying that the universe is "god" - in which case what is you justification for implying that "creation" is an intentional or motivated force?

Therefore, all this is nothing but a manifestation of God. Of course, the mind will not agree to this because the mind is the enemy of the self and God realization. The mind will make us wander, will push us into believing that this is not possible, but after deep introspection and contemplation, we will come to realize that everything is a manifestation of God.

AiR
So , what do you mean by "god"?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Everything is a manifestation of God.
Do you mean besides me?
The Inglorious One

Post by The Inglorious One »

There are no objects whatsoever, only relations. Put another way, there is only the relating of a relation—a synthesis of the Infinite and the finite, Eternal and temporal, Freedom and necessity—relating to itself. Is the shadow of these dynamic relations a created “artifact”?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

The Inglorious One wrote:There are no objects whatsoever, only relations.?
This is for YOU!!

Scientists find a link between low intelligence and acceptance of 'pseudo-profound bulls***'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 57731.html

There are no relations without objects to compare. When my boot connects with your arse and 30mph - then tell em there are no objects.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
This is for YOU!!

Scientists find a link between low intelligence and acceptance of 'pseudo-profound bulls***'

There are no relations without objects to compare. When my boot connects with your arse and 30mph - then tell em there are no objects.
As far as this topic is concerned, Hobbes, you are well outnumbered by the nutters.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
This is for YOU!!

As far as this topic is concerned, Hobbes, you are well outnumbered by the nutters.
Thanks/ I'll take that as a compliment.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

AiR wrote:...but after deep introspection and contemplation, we will come to realize that everything is a manifestation of God.AiR
You're right! But only if God is Nature and not some mythical old fart who's trying to roll out another Universe.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dubious wrote:
AiR wrote:...but after deep introspection and contemplation, we will come to realize that everything is a manifestation of God.AiR
You're right! But only if God is Nature and not some mythical old fart who's trying to roll out another Universe.
If god is nature, then why call it god?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

How the heck are this complete nonsense and babble allowed on a philosophy forum?!?!

..OH YES!!! ..because admin nor mods care about philosophy ..nor understand it!!!!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote:How the heck are this complete nonsense and babble allowed on a philosophy forum?!?!

..OH YES!!! ..because admin nor mods care about philosophy ..nor understand it!!!!
If that's how you feel about the topic then why are you reading it you fool?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote:How the heck are this complete nonsense and babble allowed on a philosophy forum?!?!

Trying to give a wakeup call!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

HexHammer wrote:
Harbal wrote:

Trying to give a wakeup call!
I think people are fed up with your 'wake up calls'. You've no interest or understanding of philosophy as is patently obvious from just about every post you ever make. Your only contribution to this Forum is your welcome and continued spat with PhilX, which robs him of some of the time he would otherwise spend filling up the Forum with moronic and irrelevant threads that he himself as precious little grasp of.

You made s generalised comment about "nonsense and babble" but you failed to identify exactly which posts you are trying to talk about. If any one needs a wake up call it is you.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:I think people are fed up with your 'wake up calls'. You've no interest or understanding of philosophy as is patently obvious from just about every post you ever make. Your only contribution to this Forum is your welcome and continued spat with PhilX, which robs him of some of the time he would otherwise spend filling up the Forum with moronic and irrelevant threads that he himself as precious little grasp of.

You made s generalised comment about "nonsense and babble" but you failed to identify exactly which posts you are trying to talk about. If any one needs a wake up call it is you.
Tell me why billion dollar industries that spends billions upon billion of dollars of research never uses philosophers?