HELLO GOOD PEOPLE

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

XENA3001

HELLO GOOD PEOPLE

Post by XENA3001 »

So . . . a girlie walks into a den of philosophers . . . I'm a HUGE fan of existentialcomics.com, and those wonderful cartoons found on the editorial pages. I also love finding a gem at a thrift store, gentleman of all ages, (prefer 50+), winning the lottery, being an awesome guitar player, and life on the West Coast. I have a fondness for a good bourbon while discussing all sorts of Really Important Stuff; I especially love it if I can remember what we talked about the next day. I'm a transgender woman, and yes, I go both ways; I love "chic-flicks," AND science-fiction anthologies !! :o
Bill Wiltrack

Re: HELLO GOOD PEOPLE

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

If you're transgender, you're going to fit perfectly here.

Welcome home!

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

XENA3001 wrote:So . . . a girlie walks into a den of philosophers . . . I'm a HUGE fan of existentialcomics.com, and those wonderful cartoons found on the editorial pages. I also love finding a gem at a thrift store, gentleman of all ages, (prefer 50+), winning the lottery, being an awesome guitar player, and life on the West Coast. I have a fondness for a good bourbon while discussing all sorts of Really Important Stuff; I especially love it if I can remember what we talked about the next day. I'm a transgender woman, and yes, I go both ways; I love "chic-flicks," AND science-fiction anthologies !! :o
West coast of …?

It's called the World WIde Web for a good reason.
Define transgender woman!
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Hi I'm the residential asshole, you better avoid me entirely by putting me on ignore, because I will provide you the whole truth, nothing but the truth and always the unpleasant truth!
XENA3001

Post by XENA3001 »

Hey good people - love the responses here, thanks so much !! LOVE the guy with the bourbon, not so much with the cigars.

Also: TRUTH is rather subjective yes ?? YES

I have an event function later that I have to get ready for, AND I've got to pick up some bourbon for my future discussions here !! :roll:

I wish to post photos of myself but the files are too big, my selfie stuff won't work; any suggestions ?? :?:
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

XENA3001 wrote:Hey good people - love the responses here, thanks so much !! LOVE the guy with the bourbon, not so much with the cigars.

Also: TRUTH is rather subjective yes ?? YES

I have an event function later that I have to get ready for, AND I've got to pick up some bourbon for my future discussions here !! :roll:

I wish to post photos of myself but the files are too big, my selfie stuff won't work; any suggestions ?? :?:
Sometimes truth can be subjective, releative ..but most times for me it's objective.

Somehow I doubt you'll post pictures of you self, when most times girl-imposters post pictures of random girls. But whatever is your plesure!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

XENA3001 wrote:Hey good people - love the responses here, thanks so much !! :?:
Shame you've not answered any quesions.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"transgender woman"

Man.

#

"TRUTH is rather subjective yes ?"

Nope.

##

"Shame you've not answered any quesions."

He did, just not plainly.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

OK, I removed the cigar but this guy is still drinking AND smoking.

SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

OK, I removed the cigar but this guy is still drinking AND smoking.

Thats the funniest gif yet Bill. It would seem he's OK with his ignorance being exposed for all the world to see. :lol:
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

XENA3001 wrote:So . . . a girlie walks into a den of philosophers . . . I'm a HUGE fan of existentialcomics.com, and those wonderful cartoons found on the editorial pages. I also love finding a gem at a thrift store, gentleman of all ages, (prefer 50+), winning the lottery, being an awesome guitar player, and life on the West Coast. I have a fondness for a good bourbon while discussing all sorts of Really Important Stuff; I especially love it if I can remember what we talked about the next day. I'm a transgender woman, and yes, I go both ways; I love "chic-flicks," AND science-fiction anthologies !! :o
Welcome aboard, the good ship lolly-pop! Though there are no trips to the candy shop, where the bonbons play.

Good luck, with philosophical discourse, I'm sure you've definitely surprised a few with your greet. Remember that this is only a bunch of words, you'll probably need to. I'm sure it shall come up.

And Happy Holidays to all those that wish to celebrate, whatever it is they wish to celebrate, in the truest sense, of course!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

To the OP -

Are you a top or a bottom?

Which sex you you prefer to have sex with?

Who is your favorite philosopher?

Have you had a deep philosophical experience?

tbieter

Post by tbieter »

What distinguishes a transgender psychological inclination from the standard psychological definition of delusion?
See http://www.firstthings.com/article/2015 ... r-delusion
I purchased the First Things article. It has great merit. Here are the concluding paragraphs:
"That purported experts on
mental illness should enable
the acting-out of a cultural
delusion is egregious enough. Most
flagrant, however, is their treatment
of a mental disorder with mutilating
surgery. What can my colleagues be
thinking when they prime patients
with hormones and prepare them for
surgery? Are they themselves delusional,
and do they believe that they
can change women into men (and
vice versa)? Do they think that surgery
should be the treatment of choice
for people who are dissatisfied with
themselves? Have they forgotten, or
did they never learn, about psychotherapy,
a cornerstone of psychiatry
that helps patients understand themselves
and their experiences so that
they can take control of their lives?
Clearly the disaster of a previous attempt
to treat mental illness with surgery—prefrontal
lobotomy—has not
served as a lesson.
Lest common sense fail to convince
readers that surgery is not a
treatment for a mental disorder, a
Swedish study published in 2011
found that over the long term, 324
people who had undergone sexreassignment
surgery demonstrated
an alarmingly high suicide rate and
experienced considerably higher
numbers of severe psychiatric problems
than were present in the general
population. Unfortunately, as Charles
Mackay has so well illustrated, such
scientific evidence is typically ignored
in the hysterical contagion of popular
delusions. Human nature indeed does
not change."
I once had a client who was in the middle of the surgery. He/she presented a problem for the jail - where to put him/her!
raw_thought

Post by raw_thought »

Why do you say "hello" to only the good people? What about us bad people? We have feelings too, you know! LOL
raw_thought

Post by raw_thought »

My daughter is gay. I love her. She is married and ironically has a daughter with her wife. (in vitro). The way I look at it is that I hate liver. I will never eat liver. However, if someone loves liver I do not make a moral judgement. Its just that I hate liver!!! Similarly (I do use that word a lot!), the idea of me kissing a guy disgusts me. However, if you like kissing guys or eating liver, there is nothing wrong with that!