How responsible is the US for the rise of ISIS?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: How responsible is the US for the rise of ISIS?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:It is just such infantile notions of good and evil which drive the whole sorry agenda for this sort of mess in the first place. Instead of dropping bombs on people we should be dropping smartphones on them because in the long run only education will save them from their oppressors. It has ever been thus.
If the United States would withdraw its protections from the world and seal its borders, close all the borders and withdraw military presence from around the world, you would continue to see evil in the world. Probably more than what is now seen. Sad but true. And all that withdrawal would certainly be bucking the vested interests.

I think the attitude is more along the lines of ... Infantile my ass. Try to kill me, fuck you.
I got it maybe we should drop goodness on then? That's the way to kill evil. Drop bombs made of pure GOOD.

I puzzled by what you mean by "Try to kill me, fuck you".
What can you mean? No one is trying to kill you: that's just childish paranoia.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

I'm reminded of an interview I saw on TV with "Dubya" just before the most recent US invasion of Iraq which he ordered. So tunnel-visioned was this fuckwit that he seriously believed that the US military were going to be welcomed with garlands of flowers and pretty girls kissing the brave American heroes come to liberate them. He must have thought Baghdad was Paris and that he was back in 1945 but I am in doubt whatsoever that this is what he truly believed. If such was the typical depth of understanding of our so-called "world leaders" then we have good reason to be afraid. Very afraid.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
I got it maybe we should drop goodness on then? That's the way to kill evil. Drop bombs made of pure GOOD.
I'm having a rare 'moment'. That was quotable gold.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: You cannot drop a bomb on evil, bombs have to be dropped in a region, and people die; children, women, non combatants; homes are destroyed, shops, hospitals, livelihoods.
Hear hear.
That's right. You have to own it. Fantasy is for Fantasy Island, which has some characters.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes’ Choice wrote:I puzzled by what you mean by "Try to kill me, fuck you".
If you’re actually serious, then you have an infantile mind. The thread is about nations, simply check the thread title. Pay attention to the realities of the world, my friend, where you are and what you are doing, not your wishful thinking.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: You cannot drop a bomb on evil, bombs have to be dropped in a region, and people die; children, women, non combatants; homes are destroyed, shops, hospitals, livelihoods.
Hear hear.
That's right. You have to own it. Fantasy is for Fantasy Island, which has some characters.
But that's where the pur good comes from - straight from fantasyland, where the pixies grow in trees. Don't knock it.
How else are you going to shoot all that nasty "evil"?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
Hobbes’ Choice wrote:I puzzled by what you mean by "Try to kill me, fuck you".
If you’re actually serious, then you have an infantile mind. The thread is about nations, simply check the thread title. Pay attention to the realities of the world, my friend, where you are and what you are doing, not your wishful thinking.
The people that led the attacks on Paris last Friday were French, Belgian and British.
The perps of 9/11 were Saudi-Arabians - the ALLIES of the USA and the UK.
I don't know what your nationality is, but fantasyland is not under attack last time I looked.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Thank God. And thanks for the opportunity to highlight context.

Did you ever wonder why people as a rule usually don't voice the worst? It's not because of fear.

The people that led the attacks on Paris last Friday were French, Belgian and British.
The perps of 9/11 were Saudi-Arabians - the ALLIES of the USA and the UK.
I've heard that U.S. citizens have also gone over to the ISIS forces of Evil, but I haven't heard of U.S. masterminding anything.

There is that nasty truth about the military industrial complex.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Obvious Leo wrote:I'm reminded of an interview I saw on TV with "Dubya" just before the most recent US invasion of Iraq which he ordered. So tunnel-visioned was this fuckwit that he seriously believed that the US military were going to be welcomed with garlands of flowers and pretty girls kissing the brave American heroes come to liberate them. He must have thought Baghdad was Paris and that he was back in 1945 but I am in doubt whatsoever that this is what he truly believed. If such was the typical depth of understanding of our so-called "world leaders" then we have good reason to be afraid. Very afraid.
Check out the obvious and start memorizing. Rise of ISIS indeed.

The latest horrorshow produced by Evil.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/620 ... 70-hostage
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

I won't be following any links provided by somebody who spells evil with a capital E.
Arising_uk

Re:

Post by Arising_uk »

henry quirk wrote:So: 'we' shoulda left 'em alone but didn't, and now we get to kill them?

Hell, that's 'win, win', folks.
Only if you win.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
Obvious Leo wrote:I'm reminded of an interview I saw on TV with "Dubya" just before the most recent US invasion of Iraq which he ordered. So tunnel-visioned was this fuckwit that he seriously believed that the US military were going to be welcomed with garlands of flowers and pretty girls kissing the brave American heroes come to liberate them. He must have thought Baghdad was Paris and that he was back in 1945 but I am in doubt whatsoever that this is what he truly believed. If such was the typical depth of understanding of our so-called "world leaders" then we have good reason to be afraid. Very afraid.
Check out the obvious and start memorizing. Rise of ISIS indeed.

The latest horrorshow produced by Evil.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/620 ... 70-hostage
For Fucks sake. "EVIL" is not a causative force you dingbat. Evil is what YOU CALL, something you don't like.

If you don't understand this you are never going to understand the situation.
As far as millions of Muslims are concerned the USA is the the EVIL, with as much credibility as you think ISIS is evil.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes Choice wrote:For Fucks sake. "EVIL" is not a causative force you dingbat. Evil is what YOU CALL, something you don't like.

As far as millions of Muslims are concerned the USA is the the EVIL, with as much credibility as you think ISIS is evil.
Evil is what you don’t like? Infantile view, but tidy for you, I guess. Such narratives keep you conditioned, where it’s comfortable.

Evil is not evil because you call it evil.
You call it evil because you recognize it as such.

The quest for what is tidy and aneseptic leads to calling bombs good, and calling bombs smart, and then snickering like war and death are a joke. That way people can pretend the falling ashes are really snow and can go about their business with the definitions filed neatly away for reference.

That’s ridiculous.

If the mastermind won’t wear the vest, neither should the good.

And by the way, you’re tossing around your little arsenel of little word bombs, aren’t you. Dicking around pretending, in Fantasy Land.

Wake up, fool. Your jihad is against yourself, not Them.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Obvious Leo wrote:I won't be following any links provided by somebody who spells evil with a capital E.
That way you don't have to recognize it.

Very tidy.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
Hobbes Choice wrote:For Fucks sake. "EVIL" is not a causative force you dingbat. Evil is what YOU CALL, something you don't like.

Evil is what you don’t like? Infantile view, but tidy for you, I guess. Such narratives keep you conditioned, where it’s comfortable.

Evil is not evil because you call it evil.
You call it evil because you recognize it as such.
You are the Evil. You are the one that pretends that your view is perfect, that you alone can recognise evil and that others that think you evil are wrong.
You are the danger you are the one offering violence to the rest of the world.