Get OUT of Your Head - Get INTO Your Body

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Get OUT of Your Head - Get INTO Your Body

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I know it's been said MANY times before but this simple truth seems to work.

Exercise. Physical exercise HELPS relieve depression. This simple but reliable truth has helped me many times throughout my life. Including now.

Do yourself a favor if you are dealing with negative emotions. TRY PHYSICAL EXERCISE.

It works.

Dalek Prime

Re: Get OUT of Your Head - Get INTO Your Body

Post by Dalek Prime »

Turn off, tune out, drop in? Timothy Leary really must be dead.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Exercise. Physical exercise HELPS relieve depression. This simple but reliable truth has helped me many times throughout my life. Including now.

Do yourself a favor if you are dealing with negative emotions. TRY PHYSICAL EXERCISE.

It works.

It's been proven. Walking is especially good. Btw, is that you in the speedo?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Get OUT of my dreams,
Get INTO my car.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yeah, a representation of me during a happier time in my life.

Here's a GIF of how my life has been unfolding lately -

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Yeah, a representation of me during a happier time in my life.

Here's a GIF of how my life has been unfolding lately -

Why? What's happened?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Excitement exposing the brevity, deep sorrow and silent relentless march to the inevitable demise that we all must share.

SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Excitement exposing the brevity, deep sorrow and silent relentless march to the inevitable demise that we all must share.

You should take a trip to either Colorado or Oregon, and partake of the herbs of life. Of course, organic vegetables, and exercise also help. So you're doing great with the exercise, don't forget to eat Non-GMO Organic whole foods, nothing processed in factories. The herbs in question are apoptotic with respect to cancer cells, yet support normal cells, thanks to the human endocannabinoid system. Do some research my friend, it'll save your life.

Signed: A fellow buckeye! ;)

P.S. I almost forgot, stay away from processed sugars, like the plague. They're OK in fruits and vegetables, because fiber accompanies. While the herbs are apoptotic, sugar causes the cells to thrive.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Thank you for the advice. I will work toward your good intentions.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

It works.

It's been proven. Walking is especially good. Btw, is that you in the speedo?
No, Bill's wearing the blue dress, that's why he's depressed.
Green

Post by Green »

This is so true. Many people believe they can think their way out of whatever self induced psychosis, but the easiest way out is complete selfishness, in way of a physical ME ME ME! Nothing wrong with that at all.
BigWhit

Post by BigWhit »

You should take a trip to either Colorado or Oregon, and partake of the herbs of life. Of course, organic vegetables, and exercise also help. So you're doing great with the exercise, don't forget to eat Non-GMO Organic whole foods, nothing processed in factories. The herbs in question are apoptotic with respect to cancer cells, yet support normal cells, thanks to the human endocannabinoid system. Do some research my friend, it'll save your life.

P.S. I almost forgot, stay away from processed sugars, like the plague. They're OK in fruits and vegetables, because fiber accompanies. While the herbs are apoptotic, sugar causes the cells to thrive.
Don't forget Washington.

The GMO thing is BS, GMOs aren't bad for you and gluten free is a ridiculous fad.

However, processed foods and especially sugar are. The legal cocaine of the west os sugar and it's shoveled into everything. Also watch out for sodium. Trying to eat healthy requires an attention to detail on what you buy, but it's effing worth it.

Too often people divide mental and physical health as if they are totally separate things, but we are one body and health must be all encompassing. Multiple studies show exercise helps the brain and I read an account from a trainer who put on like 60lbs in 4 months for a reality tv show so he would be out of shape and then have to lose that weight with the contestant he was to train. He spoke of losing his clarity when he got out of shape and he was more stressed. It took a toll on him mentally.

The world is full of those who work their body but not their minds, and those who work their minds but not their body (I could do better here myself) and too few who do both.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

BigWhit wrote:

Don't forget Washington.

The GMO thing is BS, GMOs aren't bad for you...
"In 1989 a genetically engineered brand of L-tryptophan, a common dietary supplement, killed 37 Americans and permanently disabled or afflicted more than 5,000 others with a potentially fatal and painful blood disorder, eosinophilia myalgia syndrome (EMS), before it was recalled by the Food and Drug Administration."

"In 1994, the FDA approved the sale of Monsanto's controversial GE recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH)-injected into dairy cows to force them to produce more milk- even though scientists warned that significantly higher levels (400-500% or more) of a potent chemical hormone, Insulin-Like Growth Factor (IGF-1), in the milk and dairy products of injected cows, could pose serious hazards for human breast, prostate, and colon cancer."

"In 1998, heretofore undisclosed Monsanto/FDA documents were released by government scientists in Canada, showing damage to laboratory rats fed dosages of rBGH. Significant infiltration of rBGH into the prostate of the rats as well as thyroid cysts indicated potential cancer hazards from the drug."

"The European Union has had a ban in place since 1994. Although rBGH continues to be injected into 4-5% of all US dairy cows, no other industrialized country has legalized its use."

I guess that about covers it!
JSS

Post by JSS »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:"In 1989 a genetically engineered brand of L-tryptophan, a common dietary supplement, killed 37 Americans and permanently disabled or afflicted more than 5,000 others with a potentially fatal and painful blood disorder, eosinophilia myalgia syndrome (EMS), before it was recalled by the Food and Drug Administration."
I was personally a very small part of that episode and its detection. And it is only one of very, very many such things being spread throughout the world (especially the West).

Everything Man has ever discovered how to do, he first uses for the greatest harm he can manage. Genetically modifying plants, viruses, and animals is no different in that regard.