Intro, not for the weak of heart

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Locked
Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Dalek Prime »

I'm not a philosopher by by training or other. Actually, I find it all irrelevant. I'm just here because I wanted to give my view on the meaning of life contest, and ended up signing up here by accident... So much for meaning, yes? :/

While I am here, I may as well thrill everyone with the knowledge that I am a practicing antinatalist foremost, and a dystheist at a distant second, when I even consider religion at all. I refuse to breed to continue this useless march into the future of mankind, for someone else's utility ie. the state, the wealthy who control the state, or some warped demiurge that instigated the whole thing, to see how his puppets suffer whilst praising him.

Hey, I did warn you that you would be thrilled. Has my charm rubbed off? :shock:
Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Melchior »

Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help help I'm being repressed!

Did you see him repressin' me?

https://youtu.be/GS_1bzaj2fw
Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Dalek Prime »

Mockery is more effective when the link used to mock is... Oh, how shall we say?... Working? :oops:
Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Melchior »

Dalek Prime wrote:Mockery is more effective when the link used to mock is... Oh, how shall we say?... Working? :oops:
It is for me.
Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Dalek Prime »

Melchior wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Mockery is more effective when the link used to mock is... Oh, how shall we say?... Working? :oops:
It is for me.
The link, or the mockery?
Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Melchior »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Melchior wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Mockery is more effective when the link used to mock is... Oh, how shall we say?... Working? :oops:
It is for me.
The link, or the mockery?
Are English pronouns a problem for you? The link works for me, dumbass.
Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Dalek Prime »

Is English humour a problem for you? Because you obviously don't get it :? As for the link, I'll try looking at it another time. iPad and phone browsers often don't display things properly. And, if you're lucky, I may respond in abject shock and horror to your mockery, thus providing a sense of existential satisfaction for you, for all your troubles. :)
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:I'm not a philosopher by by training or other. Actually, I find it all irrelevant. I'm just here because I wanted to give my view on the meaning of life contest, and ended up signing up here by accident... So much for meaning, yes? :/

While I am here, I may as well thrill everyone with the knowledge that I am a practicing antinatalist foremost, and a dystheist at a distant second, when I even consider religion at all. I refuse to breed to continue this useless march into the future of mankind, for someone else's utility ie. the state, the wealthy who control the state, or some warped demiurge that instigated the whole thing, to see how his puppets suffer whilst praising him.

Hey, I did warn you that you would be thrilled. Has my charm rubbed off? :shock:

I've heard this before, and the result is that you are willing to allow the drug addicted residence of the ghettos to produce the next generation of humanity. I would suggest that it would only take a few offspring of intelligent parents counter those of the aforementioned residents to balance the next generation for the better.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by thedoc »

Antinatalist, is another word I had to look up, because I had never heard it before.
Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Dalek Prime »

We have no guarantees as to how anyone of our children will turn out, Doc. Good kids may come of bad parents, as the reverse may be true. But no one should be brought into this world for another's need or utility, and so I decline to do so. Try not to hold it against me.

Yes, these ideas are mainly philosophical backwaters, largely unheard of, and misunderstood. And I'm content if they remain that way.
Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Blaggard »

Melchior wrote:Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help help I'm being repressed!

Did you see him repressin' me?

https://youtu.be/GS_1bzaj2fw
Your link don't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA

Strange women lying in ponds is no basis for a system of government!

Welcome OP Dalek by the way, well on the proviso of course you don't hang on to out of date imperialist dogma. :P
Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Melchior »

Blaggard wrote:
Melchior wrote:Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help help I'm being repressed!

Did you see him repressin' me?

https://youtu.be/GS_1bzaj2fw
Your link don't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA

Strange women lying in ponds is no basis for a system of government!

Welcome OP Dalek by the way, well on the proviso of course you don't hang on to out of date imperialist dogma. :P

yef et doo!
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dalek Prime wrote:I'm not a philosopher by by training or other.
I'm not the best either.

Actually, I find it all irrelevant.
Don't agree!

I'm just here because I wanted to give my view on the meaning of life contest, and ended up signing up here by accident... So much for meaning, yes? :/
Maybe not coincidental?? ;)


While I am here, I may as well thrill everyone with the knowledge that I am a practicing antinatalist foremost,
Not me, because I rushed to meet my instinctual needs, devoid of any forethought, three times no less! Though I'm not happy with what I've given them, this current human construct of what extreme fear, power and money can't afford.

and a dystheist at a distant second, when I even consider religion at all.
I'm an agnostic, for the lack of a better conceptual pigeon holing.

I refuse to breed to continue this useless march into the future of mankind,
Covered this! ;)

for someone else's utility ie. the state, the wealthy who control the state, or some warped demiurge that instigated the whole thing, to see how his puppets suffer whilst praising him.
I totally get this!!! It's a crying shame isn't it?? I mean we get this gift of life and we turn it to shit, seeing who can fuck the other the most, as if it'll somehow cheat death, our biggest, "unacknowledged" fear. All for not, as we all die in the end. And you can't take it when you go.

Hey, I did warn you that you would be thrilled.
Hey I loved it, you get a 10 from me!

Has my charm rubbed off? :shock:
No way jose, you're just honest to a fault, as some might say.

Welcome!
Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by Dalek Prime »

Thank you Blaggard and Spheres for the welcome.

No worries, Blaggard. No imperialist tendencies here. Thank you also for the confirmation of the link issue.

Spheres, I loved your critique. Thank you. I'm certain you do what you can for your kids. That's all any parent can do. 

I do see one thing differently though. It is the concept of "life as a gift". I feel life to be an imposition, not a gift. It's actually core to my antinatalism, and it centers on the inability to acquire and render consent for this thing we call life. And that which is not freely consented to, is an imposition.

Cheers all.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:We have no guarantees as to how anyone of our children will turn out, Doc. Good kids may come of bad parents, as the reverse may be true. But no one should be brought into this world for another's need or utility, and so I decline to do so. Try not to hold it against me.

Yes, these ideas are mainly philosophical backwaters, largely unheard of, and misunderstood. And I'm content if they remain that way.
Putting it into more practical terms, a biology teacher I knew once said, "When you plant corn, you usually get corn.", and the same can be said for people, no matter what the idealists tell you. And I'm not talking about good and bad, More like the inherent level of potential intelligence. Some people just don't have the potential to do very well.
Locked