Hola!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mesoraven

Hola!

Post by mesoraven »

Hey,

I'm mesoraven from Manchester/doncaster UK. Not really got any qualifacations in philosophy. I work as an outdoors activity instructor. But always find myself thinking about and discussing the big topics. So thought I'd find somewhere I can talk to some like minded people.

Meso.
Mic84

Re: Hola!

Post by Mic84 »

Hi mesoraven, welcome! Glad to see you here. :)
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

..................................................................................

Hola was the site of a detention camp, the location of the Hola massacre in 1959, where a fracas occurred in which eleven detainees were killed by prison wardens employed by the British. The victims were alleged Mau Mau rebels being held in the camp as part of Operation Anvil. Since the incident there have been efforts to rename the town Galole.

................................................................British tried to conceal Mau Mau camp atrocity death

* Please rethink your initial message of hate & oppression upon this website. We are an open, honest, and for the most part nonviolent community. British atrocities are well documented throughout modern history. WE don't need your hate filled rants here.

mesoraven

Post by mesoraven »

And dude is actually a camels foreskin. Are we really gunna mince about meaning of words?

Holà. Happy now?
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

mesoraven wrote:Hey,

I'm mesoraven from Manchester/doncaster UK. Not really got any qualifacations in philosophy. I work as an outdoors activity instructor. But always find myself thinking about and discussing the big topics. So thought I'd find somewhere I can talk to some like minded people.

Meso.
Ciao ! 8)
What do you mean by 'not really got any qualifications in philosophy'?
Have you studied it academically within another course, or what?
Who do you usually discuss the big topics with? What are you favourites to ponder?

Welcome to the only place in town where you can talk about anything you damned well like...except one controversial topic that can't be mentioned... :lol:
mesoraven

Post by mesoraven »

marjoram_blues wrote:
mesoraven wrote:
Ciao ! 8)
What do you mean by 'not really got any qualifications in philosophy'?
Have you studied it academically within another course, or what?
Who do you usually discuss the big topics with? What are you favourites to ponder?

Welcome to the only place in town where you can talk about anything you damned well like...except one controversial topic that can't be mentioned... :lol:
Nopenever studied it.just my own insatiable must for knowledge and why.

And my friends and family when they are willing to listen.which isn't oftenlol.

And usually things like religion (its a big one for me), scientific advances and what they might mean. Social attitudes towards certain social groups. Homosexuality is a big one at the moment.