What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Ignorant people are not more "happy"

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
There is something much worse than being ignorant, and that is being unrepentantly ignorant. This is you.
How so? I'm not the one mindlessly saying "Ignorance is Bliss" over and over. I've heard what you had to say, came to the conclusion that "Ignorance is Bliss" under certain conditions, explained those conditions already. Where as you keep pointing the finger at me telling me "Ignorance is Bliss" over and over and yet calling me the ignorant one. Irony.
You would not know irony if it hit you in the face like a wet fish.
I'm saying "ignorance is bliss" over and over, and certainly not mindlessly, like you are saying it's "old news."
If you were to have read me more carefully you would know i was not "recommending it".

But I am glad you you have changed your mind somewhat since the start of the thread it shows that however much you resist reason, even you are capable of accepting it.
May I remind you the post title is "Ignorant people are not more happy" not "Ignorance is not bliss." The subject matter pertains to modern culture. It is relevant to modern society.
Hobbes' Choice

Re: Ignorant people are not more "happy"

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: How so? I'm not the one mindlessly saying "Ignorance is Bliss" over and over. I've heard what you had to say, came to the conclusion that "Ignorance is Bliss" under certain conditions, explained those conditions already. Where as you keep pointing the finger at me telling me "Ignorance is Bliss" over and over and yet calling me the ignorant one. Irony.
You would not know irony if it hit you in the face like a wet fish.
I'm saying "ignorance is bliss" over and over, and certainly not mindlessly, like you are saying it's "old news."
If you were to have read me more carefully you would know i was not "recommending it".

But I am glad you you have changed your mind somewhat since the start of the thread it shows that however much you resist reason, even you are capable of accepting it.
May I remind you the post title is "Ignorant people are not more happy" not "Ignorance is not bliss." The subject matter pertains to modern culture. It is relevant to modern society.
It really does not matter what is says; you have established neither; offered no evidence for either; nor done anything more than express an idiosyncratic opinion.