Curiouser and curiouser

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Curiouser and curiouser

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

So I wake up to feel my body paralyzed. This gives me great pleasure to feel the numbness of my still arm (My other arm was not paralyzed.) I stroke it up and down, in great pleasure of the suffering.
I also wake up to a headache in half of my brain, whata stroke of good fortune indeed.

In such great suffering and pleasure, I only grow stronger and stronger in power, my power immeasurable at this point. Perhaps the retard was right, perhaps there are suchthing as "beons" after all, though whata poor name to describe the wonders of the spirit! Through the degradation andsuffering of my filthy body I feel my wisdom only grow stronger, and more powerful. Drowining in thoughts of my own vomit, I cannot help but feel immense power. I am unable to escape my own destruction...how wonderful indeed!

I feel as though I am a black hole, why I feel as this is currently beyond your comprehension but in the footnotes I will explain why. As my starving, shaking body grows weaker and weaker, my spirit only grows stronger and stronger. i cannot help but feel satisfaction at the thought of my filthy body vomiting uncontrollably, and becoming utterly destroyed. Perhaps this is the source of steven hawkings true genius, his genius and obssession with black holes acquired through his paralyzing, paraplegic suffering.

You must think me quite mad, and I most certainly am. However, I'd say I am much wiser than you, currently. For in your limited state you are not quite sane at all. For I am able to see from all perspectives, and i understand your limited perspective more than you wish to admit. I feel my mind become so powerful that i can no longer tell my left from my right? After all, what purpose does that serve. I am so powerful that I could will myself to death even, damaging my body with only a thought. Utter power, utter control. My heart jumps for joy at this, yes I am so powerful I can make my heart burst out of body wit h sheer delight, my only reserve being that I need to instruct you humans with more essentials.

important footnotes:
If you are a sane man I consider you to prove this beon rubbish. its simple really, just push somoeone to teh edge of death, starting from 100 percent to 0 zero percent and if they can some how retain their inner spirit through all this maybe they are more than the sum of their parts

other important footnotes
why do i feel like black hole? Well collapse in on myself. Why black holes can never be measured? Simple, time travel. Once you go through black hole you go backwards in time. thus black hole is like a filthy, cosmic beating heart, the life blood of big bang and galaxy, sucking it all up and pumping it out again, in it's filthy cosmic orgy

am i mad? yes, quite so, yet nothing i say is rubbish, only rubbish is what fill your ears from the common opinion

Why dont i dial 911? No reason, ive done so before, said nothing was wrong with me, i should stop wasting their time, and that i was quite mad (which I most certainly was) and left me to drown in my own vomit later that night

i still think i have a bit of physical energy left to get the job done, or rather, continue my legacy to you filthy apes

i feel that my boredom with existence is so great i cannot help but will myself to death, making pathetic attempts to keep myself alive

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

With that said, read this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14788
Bill Wiltrack

Re: Curiouser and curiouser

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You're NOT having a stroke. I'll front you that;

Your typing is spot-on perfect plus you have a keen concept of insight or wisdom.

That tells me that BOTH sides of your brain are working.

Now - if you are laying in your on vomit it's time to get-up, get cleaned-up and IF you can't do that call 911...or whatever emergency response facility is located in your country.

The fact that you recognize us as apes & that you are somehow superior tells me that you still have PLENTY of fight left in you.

I think you'll find that you are fine.

You are lonely, or physically inactive, or temporally knocked-off your normal schedule.

Things will get better. THEY WILL IMPROVE.

Use my advice. You'll see that I am right.

Now get back up & star attacking again!

GreatandWiseTrixie

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

You're NOT having a stroke. I'll front you that;

Your typing is spot-on perfect plus you have a keen concept of insight or wisdom.

That tells me that BOTH sides of your brain are working.

Now - if you are laying in your on vomit it's time to get-up, get cleaned-up and IF you can't do that call 911...or whatever emergency response facility is located in your country.

The fact that you recognize us as apes & that you are somehow superior tells me that you still have PLENTY of fight left in you.

I think you'll find that you are fine.

You are lonely, or physically inactive, or temporally knocked-off your normal schedule.

Things will get better. THEY WILL IMPROVE.

Use my advice. You'll see that I am right.

Now get back up & star attacking again!

I'm pretty sure I had a stroke, and I had to clean up the post's plethora of typos in order to escape the wrath of the pedantics.

If it wasn't a stroke, it was something similar, half of my body was paralyzed and I had a splitting headache in only one side of my brain (my right side was numb, which could account for my lack of concern for possible hostility, and how I so easily gave up the artistic side of not creating a video.) After consuming some falafels and some music I have somewhat recovered. I wonder if too much left brain activity can induce feelings of nausea?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Perhaps too much left-sided brain activity?...

My intuition told me, right from your first post here, that you haven't see too much sexytime lately.

Perhaps it's time to let-go of the keyboard for a while, grab a glass of wine & your favorite dildo?

Give yourself a break. Really.

Good luck to you.

And PLEASE post again...when you feel better.

GreatandWiseTrixie

Perhaps too much left-sided brain activity?...

My intuition told me, right from your first post here, that you haven't see too much sexytime lately.

Perhaps it's time to let-go of the keyboard for a while, grab a glass of wine & your favorite dildo?

Give yourself a break. Really.

Good luck to you.

And PLEASE post again...when you feel better.

Well I don't really have much a drive for either of those things, honestly. All the things of this world just seem so...hollow, like I can see right through them.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Good for you.

That's a good place to be.

GreatandWiseTrixie

Good for you.

That's a good place to be.

Though good and evil are human terms, I'd say based on the human definition, it's not really a good place to be. I'm rather miserable, actually, despite me smiling and laughing all the time.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

May I ask, how many times during the week do you work-out/run?

Do you visit doctors?...even if only for basic vitals.

Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:So I wake up to feel my body paralyzed. This gives me great pleasure to feel the numbness of my still arm (My other arm was not paralyzed.) I stroke it up and down, in great pleasure of the suffering.
I also wake up to a headache in half of my brain, whata stroke of good fortune indeed.

In such great suffering and pleasure, I only grow stronger and stronger in power, my power immeasurable at this point. Perhaps the retard was right, perhaps there are suchthing as "beons" after all, though whata poor name to describe the wonders of the spirit! Through the degradation andsuffering of my filthy body I feel my wisdom only grow stronger, and more powerful. Drowining in thoughts of my own vomit, I cannot help but feel immense power. I am unable to escape my own destruction...how wonderful indeed!

I feel as though I am a black hole, why I feel as this is currently beyond your comprehension but in the footnotes I will explain why. As my starving, shaking body grows weaker and weaker, my spirit only grows stronger and stronger. i cannot help but feel satisfaction at the thought of my filthy body vomiting uncontrollably, and becoming utterly destroyed. Perhaps this is the source of steven hawkings true genius, his genius and obssession with black holes acquired through his paralyzing, paraplegic suffering.

You must think me quite mad, and I most certainly am. However, I'd say I am much wiser than you, currently. For in your limited state you are not quite sane at all. For I am able to see from all perspectives, and i understand your limited perspective more than you wish to admit. I feel my mind become so powerful that i can no longer tell my left from my right? After all, what purpose does that serve. I am so powerful that I could will myself to death even, damaging my body with only a thought. Utter power, utter control. My heart jumps for joy at this, yes I am so powerful I can make my heart burst out of body wit h sheer delight, my only reserve being that I need to instruct you humans with more essentials.

important footnotes:
If you are a sane man I consider you to prove this beon rubbish. its simple really, just push somoeone to teh edge of death, starting from 100 percent to 0 zero percent and if they can some how retain their inner spirit through all this maybe they are more than the sum of their parts

other important footnotes
why do i feel like black hole? Well collapse in on myself. Why black holes can never be measured? Simple, time travel. Once you go through black hole you go backwards in time. thus black hole is like a filthy, cosmic beating heart, the life blood of big bang and galaxy, sucking it all up and pumping it out again, in it's filthy cosmic orgy

am i mad? yes, quite so, yet nothing i say is rubbish, only rubbish is what fill your ears from the common opinion

Why dont i dial 911? No reason, ive done so before, said nothing was wrong with me, i should stop wasting their time, and that i was quite mad (which I most certainly was) and left me to drown in my own vomit later that night

i still think i have a bit of physical energy left to get the job done, or rather, continue my legacy to you filthy apes

i feel that my boredom with existence is so great i cannot help but will myself to death, making pathetic attempts to keep myself alive
"Trixie,"
Seems to me like you are doing what you want to do. Unless you are bullshitting us, it would appear you've learned that while pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. Beon Theory would serve you well in that respect, should you choose to study it, whether you like my terminology or not. Beon means, simply, an entity that exists and is capable of self-awareness, and is also a fundamental entity essential to the structure of the universe. (As previously explained.)

If you choose to off yourself, and that is what you freely choose (i.e. w/o influence of drugs), that's okay. If you can off yourself via an act of beon-level will instead of resorting to untidy mechanisms like 12 gauge shotguns or collisions between protoplasm, bones, and concrete; so much more impressive. In that case, you'll learn a hell of a lot more about the reality of beon in the equivalent of a few days than I could explain in a lifetime, and I invite you to further the theory from the other end of it.

Greylorn
GreatandWiseTrixie

Greylorn Ell wrote: "Trixie,"
Seems to me like you are doing what you want to do. Unless you are bullshitting us, it would appear you've learned that while pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. Beon Theory would serve you well in that respect, should you choose to study it, whether you like my terminology or not. Beon means, simply, an entity that exists and is capable of self-awareness, and is also a fundamental entity essential to the structure of the universe. (As previously explained.)

If you choose to off yourself, and that is what you freely choose (i.e. w/o influence of drugs), that's okay. If you can off yourself via an act of beon-level will instead of resorting to untidy mechanisms like 12 gauge shotguns or collisions between protoplasm, bones, and concrete; so much more impressive. In that case, you'll learn a hell of a lot more about the reality of beon in the equivalent of a few days than I could explain in a lifetime, and I invite you to further the theory from the other end of it.

Greylorn
How exactly does one destroy beon? And if one does so, how does one write about it afterwards?

And existence itself is still suffering. Floating about the heavens in a bubbly void is neither pain nor pleasure, but still suffering. After a while, the will to complexity will create form from the void. The will to complexity is what they call God, but God has no choice in the matter, the universal laws create the complexity, and the feeling of will to complexity.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: How exactly does one destroy beon? And if one does so, how does one write about it afterwards?
Trix,
Gautama Buddha founded his religion on the notion that the soul is an epiphenomenon, an artifact of the brain's complexity. It will find a new brain-body system after the demise of a given body, from its desire to return to some semblance of a status quo, but will never be happy because it does not belong in the universe. Therefore Buddha proposed that the only path to happiness for a soul is to meditate and learn at such high levels that upon its body's death, it will know, and know how to extinguish itself. Nirvana means "extinguishedness," and is not a synonym for heaven.

Classical Buddhism got corrupted by Buddhist high mucky-muks who decided that, rather than extinguish themselves as the Buddha recommended, they should make it a point to reincarnate so as to teach others the importance of doing what they refuse to do for themselves. The Dali Lama is descended from this dreadful perpetual lineage of reincarnated hypocrites.

So, you might try practicing Buddhist meditation to learn the techniques of self-extinguishment. It might actually work. However, those who practice it successfully often find that they lose their desire for nirvana.

I should remark that Beon Theory disagrees with the Buddha's epiphenomenon hypothesis for the origin of soul/beon, and applies an entirely different set of properties to beon than Buddhism or other religions apply to "soul." I personally do not think that Buddhist practices will actually allow beon to extinguish itself after its body's demise, and that it will continue to reincarnate in a succession of bodies/environments until it reaches a level of consciousness that no longer requires a body to maintain itself.

This follows Richard Feynman's expression of The Three Laws of Thermodynamics:
3. You cannot win.
2. You can't break even.
1. You cannot get out of the game.

Perhaps there is a loophole. I hope so.
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:And existence itself is still suffering. Floating about the heavens in a bubbly void is neither pain nor pleasure, but still suffering. After a while, the will to complexity will create form from the void. The will to complexity is what they call God, but God has no choice in the matter, the universal laws create the complexity, and the feeling of will to complexity.
For the record, Beon Theory disagrees entirely with each of the above sentences, especially with the latter. Except for the principles of thermodynamics, the "laws" of physics are constructs.

Greylorn
GreatandWiseTrixie

Greylorn Ell wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: How exactly does one destroy beon? And if one does so, how does one write about it afterwards?
Trix,
Gautama Buddha founded his religion on the notion that the soul is an epiphenomenon, an artifact of the brain's complexity. It will find a new brain-body system after the demise of a given body, from its desire to return to some semblance of a status quo, but will never be happy because it does not belong in the universe. Therefore Buddha proposed that the only path to happiness for a soul is to meditate and learn at such high levels that upon its body's death, it will know, and know how to extinguish itself. Nirvana means "extinguishedness," and is not a synonym for heaven.

Classical Buddhism got corrupted by Buddhist high mucky-muks who decided that, rather than extinguish themselves as the Buddha recommended, they should make it a point to reincarnate so as to teach others the importance of doing what they refuse to do for themselves. The Dali Lama is descended from this dreadful perpetual lineage of reincarnated hypocrites.

So, you might try practicing Buddhist meditation to learn the techniques of self-extinguishment. It might actually work. However, those who practice it successfully often find that they lose their desire for nirvana.

I should remark that Beon Theory disagrees with the Buddha's epiphenomenon hypothesis for the origin of soul/beon, and applies an entirely different set of properties to beon than Buddhism or other religions apply to "soul." I personally do not think that Buddhist practices will actually allow beon to extinguish itself after its body's demise, and that it will continue to reincarnate in a succession of bodies/environments until it reaches a level of consciousness that no longer requires a body to maintain itself.

3. You cannot win.
2. You can't break even.

Hmm, finally some one the internet who actually makes sense. *Claps hands.* If only modern science could get on board with this, and stop dawdling about with silly mindsets.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:
Trix,

3. You cannot win.
2. You can't break even.

Hmm, finally some one the internet who actually makes sense. *Claps hands.* If only modern science could get on board with this, and stop dawdling about with silly mindsets.
Trix,

We all have mindsets. Yours seems more flexible than most, given the potholed conversational road you and I have traveled to reach this point.

Modern science cannot get on board with anything contrary to establishment patterns without outside help. I developed my ideas over years of working with physicists, EE's, astronomers, biochemists, etc., and have always sought conversations with these excellent minds regarding the beginnings of things. It is a fearful subject that most of them prefer to avoid, so as to get on with the simpler engineering/development/science work at which they have worked hard to become proficient.

I'm hoping that the 100th Monkey Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect) will apply. That's why I kill so much time on forums, seeking the few people smart enough to wash their potatoes without being instructed to do so. That is why I try to sell books, or interest people in seriously studying my website.

If 100 intelligent, non-scientist individuals study Beon Theory and see its worth, it will acquire a life of its own. Then I can happily quit mine.

Greylorn
GreatandWiseTrixie

Greylorn Ell wrote: Trix,

We all have mindsets. Yours seems more flexible than most, given the potholed conversational road you and I have traveled to reach this point.

Modern science cannot get on board with anything contrary to establishment patterns without outside help. I developed my ideas over years of working with physicists, EE's, astronomers, biochemists, etc., and have always sought conversations with these excellent minds regarding the beginnings of things. It is a fearful subject that most of them prefer to avoid, so as to get on with the simpler engineering/development/science work at which they have worked hard to become proficient.

I'm hoping that the 100th Monkey Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect) will apply. That's why I kill so much time on forums, seeking the few people smart enough to wash their potatoes without being instructed to do so. That is why I try to sell books, or interest people in seriously studying my website.

If 100 intelligent, non-scientist individuals study Beon Theory and see its worth, it will acquire a life of its own. Then I can happily quit mine.

Greylorn
Many of those scientist types are weakminded and fearful, but not all. Most of them tend to be skittish and very anal retentive. For example, many years ago one of them threw a fit just because I asked if anyone had a candy bar. I remember this because of how ridiculous it was and how over the top mad he got. Others are just plain paranoid, afraid of talking to other people. I know one man who isn't, but I don't trust him. You'll find some, keep looking.