The reason why women wear make-up and men don't

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: The reason why women wear make-up and men don't

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Check out it's name, "Make-Up." Clearly a way for a woman to find that mate that's better suited for strong progeny. Sex ed 101, it's the woman's natural instinct to find the strongest, best suited mate, how better than to 'up' your ante. ;)
kep

Post by kep »

Blaggard wrote:Nope none of the above girls have very red lips and as they grow older they tend to fade, so it is suggested that lipstick is used to show their relative fecundity, whilst of course no offspirng is going to come from a child: some progeny may be expected from either a teen or an adult. Eye liner and mascara and false eyelashes also mimiic the child in the same fashion, and hence the more mature woman by contingency. Rouge shows a complexion that is nearing fecundity, and a maidens maidenhood well you can work that out for yourself. If you catch my drift.

The reason men don't wear make up is because there is competition between women to find a good mate, but watch this and it will explain it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HT4Om6JT4
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Men do wear makeup, and have done throughout history.
Indeed the voice of reason steps in but if I may add one caveat, they were usually either Goths, Emos or gay or other... think on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPHauoHNuQk

Although if I can for a moment quote The Bible, the above may enlighten you...

Women compete to find a good mate by attracting men with their looks, it's a passive role. Are you saying men don't have to compete to find a good mate? They do so by approaching, they take an active role. Women choose guys that are better at approaching.
Men that don't respect women prefer women with make-up and heels, that are showing they are willing to accept things that are against their nature, because make-up and heels aren't natural.
In a tribe where women pick men in a ritual, men wear make-up.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

more men wear makeup that many people realize

while in high school i taught a number of guys how to use makeup to cover up blemishes / imperfections / what have you - as well as dark cricles under the eyes - without it being visible that make up is involved

and very lightly applied eyeline can make a guy's eyes look much better and the makeup itself will not be visible

i also introduced a number of guys to clear nail polish

and no most of those guys were not gay
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

kep wrote:
Blaggard wrote:Nope none of the above girls have very red lips and as they grow older they tend to fade, so it is suggested that lipstick is used to show their relative fecundity, whilst of course no offspirng is going to come from a child: some progeny may be expected from either a teen or an adult. Eye liner and mascara and false eyelashes also mimiic the child in the same fashion, and hence the more mature woman by contingency. Rouge shows a complexion that is nearing fecundity, and a maidens maidenhood well you can work that out for yourself. If you catch my drift.

The reason men don't wear make up is because there is competition between women to find a good mate, but watch this and it will explain it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HT4Om6JT4
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Men do wear makeup, and have done throughout history.
Indeed the voice of reason steps in but if I may add one caveat, they were usually either Goths, Emos or gay or other... think on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPHauoHNuQk

Although if I can for a moment quote The Bible, the above may enlighten you...

Women compete to find a good mate by attracting men with their looks, it's a passive role. Are you saying men don't have to compete to find a good mate? They do so by approaching, they take an active role. Women choose guys that are better at approaching.
Men that don't respect women prefer women with make-up and heels, that are showing they are willing to accept things that are against their nature, because make-up and heels aren't natural.
In a tribe where women pick men in a ritual, men wear make-up.
No and no to Kayla (The Southpark video should probably have show I was joking, maybe not, shit happens) and you too VT, if I might say that is not what I was saying, even remotely.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

kep wrote: Men that don't respect women prefer women with make-up and heels, that are showing they are willing to accept things that are against their nature, because make-up and heels aren't natural.
ironing our clothes is not natural

brushing our hair is not natural

even the most hard-core man's man who cares naught for appearance, or the most ardent feminist do all sorts of artificial things for the sake of personal appearance

why single out make up
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

do the joker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNwQipQuh3o

c'mon errbody do the Joker
Mic84

Post by Mic84 »

kep wrote:I think women wear make-up because they are valued if they show they accept their gender role, because that role is against their nature. Men don't need to show that accept their gender role because it isn't against their nature.
What do you think?
I think it's because women are more conscious about their looks. :mrgreen: