What is peoples mind?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

marcos

What is peoples mind?

Post by marcos »

I belive that the mind is just a tool to accese your brain all the information are stored in to the brain .
The mind also is the one who takes decision on your behalf depending on your information stored in your brain and sometime the mind act on his own.
I hope i did not offend anyone but this is the way i see it and i m waiting for some comments if i m wrong.
roydop

Re: What is peoples mind?

Post by roydop »

Mind is consciousness searching for reality. If you watch your own mind you will probably notice that it never stops. This is because it hasn't found reality.

If one starts becoming aware of the space between thoughts, mind will begin to slow down. This is because the thinker, which is found in the thought-free state, is the reality, not the thoughts.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but it just might be the answer.
marcos

Post by marcos »

I belive the mind work like a OS and all the information u receive they get filterd true your mind and stored in to the brain and if you notice your mind how it works basicly it act sometime depending on the information you have access .
Also because the mind work like a OS you can put limits on your mind regarding different information and you can reprogram some things in your mind and also lift some limits in your mind
I also belive that the mind is universal to most of the people in the way it act and work.
marcos

Post by marcos »

I alsobeluve that the way mund works is really simple but most of the people when thay study mind they try to get a complex answer about mind and the more u try to make the mind more complex you will never get the answer what mind is for real.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

marcos wrote:I belive the mind work like a OS and all the information u receive they get filterd true your mind and stored in to the brain and if you notice your mind how it works basicly it act sometime depending on the information you have access .
Also because the mind work like a OS you can put limits on your mind regarding different information and you can reprogram some things in your mind and also lift some limits in your mind
I also belive that the mind is universal to most of the people in the way it act and work.
Ugh...nonono. Your consciousness simply observes the brain. It is like an OS, but your consciousness does not interfere with it. When you feel you make a "decision" what really happens is your consciousness witnesses several entities, inside the OS bickering about, and one emerges victorious. You did not make a choice, merely witnessed a choice being made by the battling of two different I programs.