Food we Eat.

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Food we Eat.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

So I get the apple out of the fridge. It's skin is all wrinkly, thick, and rough, cracked, like an orange. I put it back in the fridge.

I can't tell if it's some genetically modified mutated expirment pooped out from Monsanto, the result of some new fangled mutating pesticide, or a new brand of apple, the "Fukashima apple" homegrown in Chernobyl Family Orchards.

I like my apples to be apples. Don't fix what isn't broken. Fix what is broken. If anything needs fixing, it's human DNA. Why not genetically modify humans to be kind, intelligent, vegans? Instead of the inconsiderate, intolerable omnivores who live for war and greed?

But then the public, and the experts will say...No, changing human DNA for the better is morally wrong! We cannot do such a thing! However, we will feed them food covered in pesticides, use deceptive labeling, put carcinogens in everything, and mutate them secretly. Then, we will flood the water supply with so many chemicals, that they develop Stockholm's syndrome and actually fight on our side! Yes, we will even get the intelligible humans to fight for us, this is our greatest triumph!

And thus, Neil De Grasse's rant advocating for the rights of poor little companies like Monsanto pops up on Youtube. Poor little Monsanto, who claims they only hope to reduce food prices, and feed starving places. Yet, they were found guilty of dumping thousands of gallons of toxins into local lakes. Would you trust a company like this has the best interest of starving places at heart? Well, according to Neil De Grasse Tyson, GMO's are good because farm apples are too tart. I don't know about you, but I like good old fashioned sour apples. Excuse me for being blunt, but Neil needs to man-up. How much is Monsanto paying him anyway? Did they threaten his family? Does he even have a family? If only Neil spent his time rallying against such things, perhaps I could have apples that actually looked and felt like apples.

Neil's angry, mis-informed rant video can be found here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ecT2CaL7NA
Greylorn Ell

Re: Food we Eat.

Post by Greylorn Ell »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:So I get the apple out of the fridge. It's skin is all wrinkly, thick, and rough, cracked, like an orange. I put it back in the fridge.

I can't tell if it's some genetically modified mutated expirment pooped out from Monsanto, the result of some new fangled mutating pesticide, or a new brand of apple, the "Fukashima apple" homegrown in Chernobyl Family Orchards.

I like my apples to be apples. Don't fix what isn't broken. Fix what is broken. If anything needs fixing, it's human DNA. Why not genetically modify humans to be kind, intelligent, vegans? Instead of the inconsiderate, intolerable omnivores who live for war and greed?

But then the public, and the experts will say...No, changing human DNA for the better is morally wrong! We cannot do such a thing! However, we will feed them food covered in pesticides, use deceptive labeling, put carcinogens in everything, and mutate them secretly. Then, we will flood the water supply with so many chemicals, that they develop Stockholm's syndrome and actually fight on our side! Yes, we will even get the intelligible humans to fight for us, this is our greatest triumph!

And thus, Neil De Grasse's rant advocating for the rights of poor little companies like Monsanto pops up on Youtube. Poor little Monsanto, who claims they only hope to reduce food prices, and feed starving places. Yet, they were found guilty of dumping thousands of gallons of toxins into local lakes. Would you trust a company like this has the best interest of starving places at heart? Well, according to Neil De Grasse Tyson, GMO's are good because farm apples are too tart. I don't know about you, but I like good old fashioned sour apples. Excuse me for being blunt, but Neil needs to man-up. How much is Monsanto paying him anyway? Did they threaten his family? Does he even have a family? If only Neil spent his time rallying against such things, perhaps I could have apples that actually looked and felt like apples.

Neil's angry, mis-informed rant video can be found here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ecT2CaL7NA
I have never been able to tolerate NG tyson for more than a few minutes, and this video shows why. He is a sycophant whose science knowledge rivals only his peer, Carl Sagan, who turned to TV because no university would hire him to do serious research and honest teaching. Several of the astronomers with whom I worked in the late seventies had encountered Sagan. They regarded him as an incompetent astronomer. I'd not be surprised to find that insiders who had dealt with Tyson felt much the same way. The man is a flack with presentation skills, not a scientist.

You also have excellent presentation skills.

Greylorn