I wonder if you might enjoy a in-flight conversation instead of a book that you
can read later?"

She closed the book over her thumb and politely asked, "What would you like to
discuss that might interest me?"

"Given the apparent content of your book, and the fact that I'm a atheist
and you are reading what appears to be some kind of religious book, I'd be
happy to save you some worthless reading time. I'll explain to you why science
and philosophy have made all religious ideas obsolete."

"Are you qualified to do that?" she respectfully asked.

"I have a basic degree in Biology, a master's degree in Evolutionary
Anthropology and I am a full Professor of Philosophy," he replied smugly. "You
will be hard put to find someone more qualified."

"I'm impressed," she smiled, "but first have a question that you might be able
to answer. Deer, cows, and horses all eat the same kinds of food-- grasses and
other plants. Yet deer excrete their waste in the form of smallish pellets,
while cows produce wet pies, and horses poop apple-sized clumps. Why these
differences?"

The professor considered this and replied, "Well, I don't exactly know, but
how does that matter?"

Before returning to her book the woman said, "So let me put this together.
You want to discuss God, the human soul, a potential afterlife, perhaps even
the creation of the universe and the origin of human consciousness, but you
don't know shit?"
Blaggard

Re: The Professor and the Blonde

Post by Blaggard »

Nice but a little blond for windows.

Ie too obviously hypocritcal but then so am I...

If you my friend want to grab anyone's attention write a new Bible. Couldn't hurt? Or could it?

How you dress is a cosmetic issue, how you think is not, unless you have all the answers...

To sum up metaphysics has allways been an excuse for I don't know, but then people are so sure of wisdom, but fools are people you should listen too even ironically...

TRite but true. At the end of the day I love my Nemesis, but I am not so sure he loves me. :D
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Blaggard wrote:Nice but a little blond for windows.

Ie too obviously hypocritcal but then so am I...

If you my friend want to grab anyone's attention write a new Bible. Couldn't hurt? Or could it?

How you dress is a cosmetic issue, how you think is not, unless you have all the answers...

To sum up metaphysics has allways been an excuse for I don't know, but then people are so sure of wisdom, but fools are people you should listen too even ironically...

TRite but true. At the end of the day I love my Nemesis, but I am not so sure he loves me. :D
Blaggard,

Are you shilling for Bill Gates these days? What does he pay you? I'll bet that a nickel a month from me would increase your comparative income.

I've written a new "bible," titled, Digital Universe -- Analog Soul. Writing something is phase one. Finding anyone qualified to read it is phase two. Phase one cost me 50 years of life. Phase two, marketing, is the hard part.

Styles of thinking are as critical as styles of dressing. My version of dressing up is putting on freshly-washed bluejeans and a T-shirt that I've not barfed onto the front of, yet. My style of thinking differs from the styles of others, so, in intellectual contexts, I am "badly dressed." The alternative would be to conform with the styles of thinking set by others. Fuck that bullshit.

My version of metaphysics comes from the "I do know," and "I do understand," perspective, derived from a serious physics education and experimental science background, in physics, astronomy, and biochemistry. The "metaphysics" writers you have been reading are people whose knowledge of physics is at about the level of a whiny, ordinary house cat. If that is a reading level at which you are comfortable, then stay there until you become less comfortable.

However, perhaps you might consider not comparing my ideas, which you are not yet ready to read, to the opinions of intellectual trolls.

I've learned to respect individuals who have kicked my ass, physically and mentally. Perhaps a few of them have learned to respect me, if only for my having been willing to engage them. That's not my business. But those were antagonistic relationships, defined from the outset as one winner, one loser. Binary relationships, logical, easy to comprehend in the context of emotional proclivities.

A nemesis arrangement is a different kind of thing. It is more about respect than love, methinks. Excellent TV series have been built around nemesis relationships (e.g. Justified: Raylon Givens vs. Boyd Crowder), but they all terminate in a win/lose finale if the producers expect to make a buck off the expectations of their viewers.

Since neither of us will make a penny from these conversations, let's direct them elsewhere than a win/lose finale. Nemesis is far more interesting. (E.g. Star Wars)

Love is a multifaceted word, meaning different things to various people in a multiplicity of contexts. There are a few people whom I've chosen to love, and every one of them has, at some level made the choice to do his or her best to understand me through my well-published ideas. Whether they agree or disagree (the popular choice) makes no difference.

For you to make the choice to do that would destroy our nemesis-class relationship.

There are two options:

1. You would not understand my ideas, but might come away with a feeling that they represent a threat to your beliefs. Thus you would become my enemy. Let's not go there. My enemies have died violently, not by my hand or direction. Since their demise, I've made it a point to avoid the acquisition of enemies.

2. You would understand my ideas. This would take a few readings, over a period of at least two years. This would transform every aspect of your thinking, and transform you into a modern day version of Jesus' Peter.

I don't want that either. I already have a little peter, and keeping it happy is troublesome enough.

Best that you never read or study my book, so as to remain my ignorant and happy nemesis. This is the best possible relationship for both of us. I'm okay with your choice to get pissy and ornery from time to time. It's often worthwhile from a personal standpoint to step back and reread pissy comments and ask, "where was my mind when I wrote that?' Doing so has helped me become less pissy. Really!

Greylorn
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

What colour was the professor's hair?
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

I can't believe he got that from that/

I normally credit him with more sense that. I guess it's true Merkins don't do sarcasm.

Nothing threatens me grey, except something you can prove.

Well in my old age I have learnt to respect anyone, perhaps I am older and wiser, but I am neither. Are you?

I've written a new bible well that's fine, but if you would stop plugging how great you are for 5 minutes. Someone would read anything.
Last edited by Blaggard on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:What colour was the professor's hair?
Shiny black with a hint of gray at the temples, well greased and as nicely perfumed as his armpits and crotch, after his latest visit to a pricey stylist (a.k.a. "detailer,") preparatory for his Nobel Prize award.

Gl
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

The attractive blonde was maybe not as stupid as you thought? Hannibal rising. Ever thought of that?

Grey I am not going to mince words, I am sure are a nice bloke, but you have psychopathy written all over you. That's no one's fault not even the Romans. But you have every single symptom of it from A to Z.
Triarchic model

The triarchic model, formulated by Christopher J. Patrick et al., suggests that different conceptions of psychopathy emphasize three observable characteristics to varying degrees. Analyses have been made with respect to the applicability of measurement tools such as the Hare Psychopathy Checklist (PCL, PCL-R) and Psychopathic Personality Inventory (PPI) to this model.[1][7]

Boldness. Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and social assertiveness. The PCL-R measures this relatively poorly and mainly through Facet 1 of Factor 1. Similar to PPI Fearless dominance. May correspond to differences in the amygdala and other neurological systems associated with fear.[1][7]
Disinhibition. Poor impulse control including problems with planning and foresight, lacking affect and urge control, demand for immediate gratification, and poor behavioral restraints. Similar to PCL-R Factor 2 and PPI Impulsive antisociality. May correspond to impairments in frontal lobe systems that are involved in such control.[1][7]
Meanness. Lacking empathy and close attachments with others, disdain of close attachments, use of cruelty to gain empowerment, exploitative tendencies, defiance of authority, and destructive excitement seeking. The PCL-R in general is related to this but in particular some elements in Factor 1. Similar to PPI Coldheartedness but also includes elements of subscales in Impulsive antisociality. Meanness may possibly be caused by either high boldness or high disinhibition combined with an adverse environment. A child with high boldness may respond poorly to punishment but may respond better to rewards and secure attachments which may not be available under adverse conditions. A child with high disinhibition may have increased problems under adverse conditions with meanness developing in response.[1][7]
Nothing wrong with antisocial personality disorder. But confabulation is not wise. You must recognise who you are and what you are, before you claim to know anyone else is...
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Blaggard wrote:I can't believe he got that from that/

I normally credit him with more sense that. I guess it's true Merkins don't do sarcasm.

Well in my old age I have learnt to respect anyone, perhaps I am older and wiser, but I am neither. Are you?

I've written a new bible well that's fine, but if you would stop plugging how great you are for 5 minutes. Someone would read anything.
If I don't plug the brilliance of my ideas, who will do it in my stead?

Measuring respective wisdom level is a subjective process, and scientifically irrelevant. Age is simpler. I just ticked past 70 and celebrated by going out for some flying two-steps in a redneck bar, supporting the establishment by drinking more than my share, and driving 40 miles home on back-roads and dirt-roads in the dead of a rainy night, before returning to my work. That makes me old and stupid. If you are older, will that make you wiser? If younger, will that make you smarter?

Doesn't matter. Whatever you want to be, declare what that is, and then live up to your words.

Things that can be proven threaten only those who live according to beliefs. You declared, "Nothing threatens me grey, except something you can prove." Is that really who you are?

Greylorn
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greylorn Ell wrote:
Shiny black with a hint of gray at the temples, well greased and as nicely perfumed as his armpits and crotch, after his latest visit to a pricey stylist (a.k.a. "detailer,") preparatory for his Nobel Prize award.

Gl
LOL. I didn't know you could write, if that was your own story (but you should change 'a atheist' to 'an atheist').
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Greylorn Ell wrote:

Measuring respective wisdom level is a subjective process, and scientifically irrelevant. Age is simpler. I just ticked past 70 and celebrated by going out for some flying two-steps in a redneck bar, supporting the establishment by drinking more than my share, and driving 40 miles home on back-roads and dirt-roads in the dead of a rainy night, before returning to my work. That makes me old and stupid. If you are older, will that make you wiser? If younger, will that make you smarter?

Doesn't matter. Whatever you want to be, declare what that is, and then live up to your words.

Things that can be proven threaten only those who live according to beliefs. You declared, "Nothing threatens me grey, except something you can prove." Is that really who you are?

Greylorn
It's not a process at all: you start with an a priori assumption and proceed to a conclusion. That's not even science, that's certainly not philosophy. That is I think someone who is inordinately concerned with confabulation and self agrandizement without any actual evidence that person deserves it. And hence believes he is something more than he is, despite no evidence he is anything at all. You probably have spent your whole life believing no one is as great as you are. Since you were a child you really couldn't understand why people had any sort of disrespect for you, even thought you deeply deserved adulation, despite not actually doing anything to earn it. And you have spent your whole life telling people that you are more than you are, without anyone actually believing you are anything. The confusion that causes to someone who is a psychopath leads to more confabulation, over time you tend to sink into a bubble of self belief that no one else can understand. And if they don't they are lacking somehow.

I am pretty sure you were born a psychopath, I am pretty sure you've always had problems with other people not accepting your confabulation, and I am pretty sure you know that but have never been able to accept you are not anything more than you are. It's why no one buys your books, it's why no one buys your prose, and sadly it's why no one listens. That sort of mentality is deeply disturbing to anyone who does not think like you do. But it does explain why no one ever will. At least you are not psychotic, most psychopaths end up being vaguely normal. Try that or if not try empathy. I know you have no idea what empathy or remorse is but it couldn't hurt to try it.

The brilliance of it, of what? Every word you say just confirms to me that you were born a psychopath, and yet never really accepted what you are. I would accept it if I were you...
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Blaggard wrote:The attractive blonde was maybe not as stupid as you thought? Hannibal rising. Ever thought of that?
Anyone who actually perused my OP must realize that the blonde was far more intelligent than the pefessser.

Only someone whose limited mind is programmed by society would associate blonde with stupid. Nevermind the jokes, which are for fun. Intelligent people know that the quality of a mind is not related to hair color. Back when I had hair, it was blonde. As a teenager I got beaten up for it. Perhaps you should dye your hair black and re-read my OP, two or three times?
Blaggard wrote:Grey I am not going to mince words, I am sure are a nice bloke, but you have psychopathy written all over you. That's no one's fault not even the Romans. But you have every single symptom of it from A to Z.

Nothing wrong with antisocial personality disorder. But confabulation is not wise. You must recognise who you are and what you are, before you claim to know anyone else is...
Gee whiz, Blaggard. I thought that we were going to play nice, in our styles of whatever "nice" means. So let's get this straight. I'm not "nice" in any sense of the word. "Nice" is a word that applies to irrelevant dipshits who want to be "liked" by other irrelevant dipshits. The term does not suit either one of us. Both you and I are assholes, in our own style. We are equally irrelevant. The difference is that I'm happy being unliked by irrelevant dipshits.

Do you want the position of bigger or smaller asshole? Your choice. While I prefer to be the big asshole, I'll freely award you that title, and accept a lowly status as little asshole. That job will mostly be about holding you to your preferred title.

Greylorn
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:

Gl
LOL. I didn't know you could write, if that was your own story (but you should change 'a atheist' to 'an atheist').
Well, shit, VeggieTax. I screwed up again. After writing a book that was translated into four languages (five if you include Brit English), two chapters of which were quoted by a Pulitzer Prize winning writer, anyone would think that I knew enough to include the alliterative "an" form of the article "a" before any word beginning with an vowel. Thank you for the generous feedback, and please, kindly accept my apologies. I can't write any of this shit without enough ethanol to dull my sensibility to the pervasive idiocy that plagues even this excellent forum.

Whatever, retain your sense of humour.

Greylorn
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Blaggard wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:

Greylorn
It's not a process at all: you start with an a priori assumption and proceed to a conclusion. That's not even science, that's certainly not philosophy. That is I think someone who is inordinately concerned with confabulation and self agrandizement without any actual evidence that person deserves it. And hence believes he is something more than he is, despite no evidence he is anything at all. You probably have spent your whole life believing no one is as great as you are. Since you were a child you really couldn't understand why people had any sort of disrespect for you, even thought you deeply deserved adulation, despite not actually doing anything to earn it. And you have spent your whole life telling people that you are more than you are, without anyone actually believing you are anything. The confusion that causes to someone who is a psychopath leads to more confabulation, over time you tend to sink into a bubble of self belief that no one else can understand. And if they don't they are lacking somehow.

I am pretty sure you were born a psychopath, I am pretty sure you've always had problems with other people not accepting your confabulation, and I am pretty sure you know that but have never been able to accept you are not anything more than you are. It's why no one buys your books, it's why no one buys your prose, and sadly it's why no one listens. That sort of mentality is deeply disturbing to anyone who does not think like you do. But it does explain why no one ever will. At least you are not psychotic, most psychopaths end up being vaguely normal. Try that or if not try empathy. I know you have no idea what empathy or remorse is but it couldn't hurt to try it.

The brilliance of it, of what? Every word you say just confirms to me that you were born a psychopath, and yet never really accepted what you are. I would accept it if I were you...
Blaggard,

Now I understand everything, why I am confused, disliked, poorly regarded, and have only managed to have wonderful sex with 84 women in my life, way short of my goal. I'm booking an appointment with my local psychopath immediately to figure out where I've gone wrong.

Well, maybe not immediately. Tomorrow I must go dancing, as my presence on the floor has been requested. This Sunday one of my clients will be bringing three of her female friends around here, and they may need my healing work. They will set up a massage table. After the Superbowl, of course-- a guy must maintain his priorities. And after a shared dinner in quiet, private surroundings.

After this ordeal is over, I must get some professional help. Thank you so much for your objective advice.

Greylorn
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Greylorn Ell wrote: Greylorn Digital Universe - Analog Soul - I made this book after many years of writing. I'm old. I also have a diploma.
Hmm, digital universe, a series of points in time, where audio is extrapolated from interpolating the points.

Hmm, analog soul, a stream of audio and waveforms, recorded onto atomic material, rather than digital, linear, logical material. Digital material is mathematically more certain and more steady than atomic material.

Please explain the jist of your book in less than a few pages, and why this book gives meaning and purpose to life, and why this book should be given mandatory to every hotel room.
Blaggard wrote: I am pretty sure you were born a psychopath
Based on your own description of the word, I'd say you are leaning towards the definition of narcissistic. Psychopaths rarely watch TV sports. I also resent your treatment of the word, one does not blame a baby for what one simply is. And, I find most people who use a word in a negative light, tend to have associations with the word deeply rooted in themselves, perhaps trying to push down a part of themselves, by making it known to others as if the word were distinct from themself. Having a state of mind is no cause for you to ridicule them, or degrade others with a similar state of mind. Such things lead to shaming, fear and perpetuating ignorance.
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Blaggard wrote:
Greylorn Ell wrote:

Greylorn

Blaggard,

You sucked me into believing that you were going to wear your nice-guy hat, and deal with my ideas rather than my objectionable personality. I believed you. That makes me a sucker for pretentious friendliness. Won't happen again. So, go fuck a stupid, unimaginative dipshit, a kindred spirit. If you cannot find one nearby, buy a porn magazine, grab a jar of vaseline and jerk off in the privacy of your own bedroom after your mother has gone to sleep.

Greylorn