Sometimes a carrot is just a carrot

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mtmynd1

Re: Sometimes a carrot is just a carrot

Post by mtmynd1 »

What a pleasant surprise, a/s, when I saw this painting of yours! Over the times we have come across each other here, I did learn you were into art and painted but... wow! what a painter you are!! Indeed, surrealism was not what I had ever expected..!

Really a great piece you've shared with the board. Many thanks... and I could say something about your last post and "zoning out"... but it's not the time. :D

Keep up the good work...
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

mtmynd1 wrote:What a pleasant surprise, a/s, when I saw this painting of yours! Over the times we have come across each other here, I did learn you were into art and painted but... wow! what a painter you are!! Indeed, surrealism was not what I had ever expected..!
She also does a mean landscape and portraiture(but can't resist adding touches to the background :) ).
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

Arising_uk wrote:She also does a mean landscape and portraiture(but can't resist adding touches to the background :) ).
How do I view these examples you speak of..? I'm interested.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Thanks Cecil...but now you have me curious. ..what do you have up you sleeve regarding ' zoning out'?

I am running late...no time to reply properly to anyone. I will try tomorrow. ..
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

artisticsolution wrote:Here is a painting I completed today. I had to laugh at the balloon carrot...I don't usually have a plan regarding what I paint...I just go into a zone and just let what's going to happen...well...happen. So this is my 'Freudian Slip' painting...lol. It cracks me up, and I like it very much...which is rare. I was going to title it 'dangling the carrot', but maybe I should give it more thought and come up with something more clever...lol.

Any ideas? :)
I love this painting artisticsolution, well done. I do feel confident, judging the windswept mane that the horse will get the carrot soon, unfortunately finding its nothing but hot air!
Fortitude of a filly perhaps!! :)
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

attofishpi wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:Here is a painting I completed today. I had to laugh at the balloon carrot...I don't usually have a plan regarding what I paint...I just go into a zone and just let what's going to happen...well...happen. So this is my 'Freudian Slip' painting...lol. It cracks me up, and I like it very much...which is rare. I was going to title it 'dangling the carrot', but maybe I should give it more thought and come up with something more clever...lol.

Any ideas? :)
I love this painting artisticsolution, well done. I do feel confident, judging the windswept mane that the horse will get the carrot soon, unfortunately finding its nothing but hot air!
Fortitude of a filly perhaps!! :)
Lol Thanks attofishpi! I like that title, 'nothing but hot air'...makes me smile.