Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: A Measure of Truth

Post by Arising_uk »

Do you have a $100,000 job?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Top footballers in my country can earn 100 to 250,000 pounds a week, this must make them mental geniuses.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Arising_uk wrote:Top footballers in my country can earn 100 to 250,000 pounds a week, this must make then mental geniuses.
and the blacksmith walked off in a huff...

-Imp
Mark Question

Post by Mark Question »

HexHammer wrote:
Mark Question wrote:
HexHammer wrote:T his is but an illusion, some times things are very counter intuitive, or some times it requires specific knowledge, and so far you have only given feeble examples 1st graders could come up with.
intuitive knowledge and specific knowledge are logically reasoned examples and logical answers by you.
Dude, come back again when you have a job with 100k $, then you can lecture me.
Your answer is more or less logical. :)

You really going to need some logic if you try to make an argument "a measure of truth is money". You cant make arguments if you do have all the money you want but you dont have words, numbers and logical thinking. In fact, you cant even know what money is and how much you have it if you dont have logical thing. :)
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

Well, it seems the thread has devolved into an ad hom party. Meh.

If the OP is still around and interested, I'd like to comment on something that immediately caught my eye. The taxonomy is flawed because it is based upon at least one false dichotomy. Being true and being a lie are not mutually exclusive. A statement can be both, simultaneously. Being a lie is determined by sincerity in speech which just means stating what you believe as opposed to what you do not. One can be honest(sincere) and be stating a falsehood, and one can be insincere(dishonest) while making a true statement(unbeknownst to them of course).