questioning GOD's design decisions

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: questioning GOD's design decisions

Post by bobevenson »

Kuznetzova wrote:The book of Revelation refers to the Kingdom of Israel overcoming its enemies.
Maybe you could refer me to chapter and verse, either that or go back to reading Atheist Digest.
Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

The book of revelation refers to a battle between GOD's armies and SATAN's armies in the ancient Levantine world. The result of this battle is claimed to be the destruction of Babylon and the triumph of the Kingdom of Israel, whose central city-state is Jerusalem.

Revelation mentions Babylon in the present tense, followed by six verses describing how it will, in the future be destroyed. This places the writing of revelation at a particular time in history, namely when Babylon still existed as a city.

Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Megiddo is mentioned by name. Armegeddon means "outside the city of Megiddo". We know exactly where this is located geographically. At the time of the writing of Revelation, Megiddo was a large town on a trade route.

Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Chapter 20 mention the "beloved city", which is probably referring to Jerusalem.

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

We can be almost certain of the above reference, because Jerusalem is mentioned once in an earlier chapter, and twice in the very next chapter.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

First of all, I know more about the book of Revelation than anybody who has walked the face of the Earth, including the author. This is a spiritual book that is allegorical in nature. For instance, there are two words that are original to the book of Revelation, Nicolaitanes and Armageddon. They are both anagrams, Nicolaitanes, of whom God hates the deeds and doctrine, being an anagram for "O satanic line," a reference to the beast line of the Ouzo Cross, and Armageddon, the location of the final battle between good and evil, being an anagram for "Dame Dragon," a generalized personification of evil, similar to other generalized personifications like Mother Nature and Lady Luck. Anagrams are related to gematria in that both are number/letter codes, anagrams being based on ordinal numbers and gematria on cardinal numbers. And as I implied, the "Kingdom of Israel" is never mentioned in the book of Revelation, so why bring it up now?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:First of all, I know more about the book of Revelation than anybody who has walked the face of the Earth, including the author. ...
Now what was it you were saying about delusion?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:First of all, I know more about the book of Revelation than anybody who has walked the face of the Earth, including the author. ...
Now what was it you were saying about delusion?
Let me offer you a simple challenge to prove my point: refer me to any explanation of the ten crowns worn mockingly by the beast on his ten horns (Rev. 13:1) that can hold a candle to that contained in "The Ouzo Prophecy."
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:... including the author. ...
You delusional loon.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:... including the author. ...
You delusional loon.
I guess you're not up to my challenge, but it's true that I know more about the book of Revelation than John on the isle of Patmos, who was like a court stenographer, merely recording what he saw and heard.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:I guess you're not up to my challenge, ...
Of course not bob, as I think your 'God' a delusion and this book also the product of another delusional loon. But tell you what, you read and interpret the original greek and I might take notice of what you say, until then you're just another delusional 'christian' godbotherer.
... but it's true that I know more about the book of Revelation than John on the isle of Patmos, who was like a court stenographer, merely recording what he saw and heard.
And you're just another loon making-up patterns to fit your lunacy.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:I guess you're not up to my challenge, ...
Of course not bob, as I think your 'God' a delusion and this book also the product of another delusional loon. But tell you what, you read and interpret the original greek and I might take notice of what you say, until then you're just another delusional 'christian' godbotherer.
... but it's true that I know more about the book of Revelation than John on the isle of Patmos, who was like a court stenographer, merely recording what he saw and heard.
And you're just another loon making-up patterns to fit your lunacy.
The original Greek means nothing, as it was simply the raw material for the KJV, the genuine article. Like John, I too was visited by a series of divinely-inspired images, so I do feel a spiritual kinship with him.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

What's this 'divinity' you talk about?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:What's this 'divinity' you talk about?
I'm talking about the spiritual, whatever created the big bang.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

And if nothing created this 'big bang'?

or

If nothing has nothing to do with it?

What would you do then?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:And if nothing created this 'big bang'?

or

If nothing has nothing to do with it?

What would you do then?
Well, I'll still be Bob the Baptist, the new guru, the modern messiah, the wizard of Ouzo, and a divinely-inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Um...think not as the 'divine' part would have to be dropped.

So you think this thing that you think 'created the big-bang' is paying attention and communicating to you? And that only you has been able to understand 'its' message?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:So you think this thing that you think 'created the big-bang' is paying attention and communicating to you? And that only you has been able to understand 'its' message?
Apparently so.