Challenge me, theists!~

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kuznetzova

Re: Challenge me, theists!~

Post by Kuznetzova »

Blaggard,

:wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Ive been wondering if there is a term for one that knows God exists (apart from wack job). Theist sits rather lame.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Me: indifferent atheist (shrugging materialist [and, anarchistic sociopath]).
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Was Atheist, didn't think about 'God' at all unless someone else brought 'it' up and if they did, "Show me one?", then Agnostic, still didn't think about 'God' at all unless someone else brought 'it' up and if they did, "How do you know?", then Militant Agnostic, still didn't think about 'God' at all unless someone else brought 'it' up and if they did, "I and you don't know if there is or isn't a 'God' or 'Gods' but if there is "Fuck 'em!". Now back to Atheist, "Show me one?".
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

There's two Arizing the first one is obviously a silly made up worship of a clearly ordinary martial artist, the second one is super cereal and clearly exists.

"And yey they rolled the cheese wheel away from the cave, and lo Cheezus was still stuck to the wall."

Pastafarian Azhmai: 123: 43: Ishwari Culendar.
madera

Post by madera »

Kuznetzova wrote:DO NOT CHALLENGE MY INTELLECTUAL CREDIBILITY!!
If you're an intellectual, you have no credibility.LOL
Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

So there was a guy on IRC actually who posted "do not challenge my intellectual credibility!" That's where I got the quote from.

The funny thing is, if said in an emotional manner, you are, in fact, INVITING a challenge to your intellectual credibility. Notice I added bolded italic text with exclamation points and in capslock. If you can get the humor, it can be very funny. You are the second person who misunderstood this entire thread. (I actually posted this thread originally in the Lounge section of this forum. Some moderator decided to move it around).

This is the same phenomenon as putting sign above a big red button that reads "DO NOT PUSH RED BUTTON". The command, in fact, causes the exact opposite effect. It invites you to push it.

http://static.coverphotobox.com/12/2/Fa ... button.jpg

I could continue to explain the sarcasm in the rest of this thread, but it's a waste of my time.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote:Now back to Atheist, "Show me one?".
You think via IT. Everything you look at is IT.
Have you ever asked IT to reveal its existence to you?
Sappho de Miranda

Post by Sappho de Miranda »

Kuznetzova wrote:Challenge me, theists!

Debate me about your "god"!

http://i.imgur.com/RBEnS6k.jpg
Let's see. I don't really have a god or god/s but am happy to imagine one for you.

This god is imperfect but a quite powerful creator who has no interest in humanity or its destiny other than to tease it sometimes in the way a spider will be tormented by a stick. This god is far more interested in other creations and other godlike creatures which engage its curiosity more readily.

I call this god Q
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"I could continue to explain the sarcasm in the rest of this thread, but it's a waste of my time."

Obviously.

We're all retarded and humor-impaired in these here parts...best if you stop dirtying yourself by hanging out with the likes of us and trundle on to places (and folks) more in keeping with the vastness that is 'K'.
Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

We're all retarded and humor-impaired in these here parts...
Except this is exactly what happened. You can try to pretend and dismiss it using your flippant attitude, but the facts remain in black and white text. The people on this forum are completely lacking in any sense of humor or irony. And it wasn't one person. It was one person after the next after the next.
henry quirk

What can I say?

Post by henry quirk »

You're just too sophisticated for us, K.

*shrug*

And: I dismiss nuthin'...done said it before: I'm as dumb as a brick.

And: what you see as flippancy is nuthin' but good, old-fashioned, indifference.

Which is to say: I'm stupid and I don't give a fuck.
thedoc

Re:

Post by thedoc »

henry quirk wrote:"I could continue to explain the sarcasm in the rest of this thread, but it's a waste of my time."

Obviously.

We're all retarded and humor-impaired in these here parts...best if you stop dirtying yourself by hanging out with the likes of us and trundle on to places (and folks) more in keeping with the vastness that is 'K'.

That would be a very small forum.

(quote Henry)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Kuznetzova wrote:
We're all retarded and humor-impaired in these here parts...
Except this is exactly what happened. You can try to pretend and dismiss it using your flippant attitude, but the facts remain in black and white text. The people on this forum are completely lacking in any sense of humor or irony. And it wasn't one person. It was one person after the next after the next.

But you would need to start posting something funny or ironic, but 'why start now'?

(Please note, Henry's quote would also include 'K').
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

I have to admit he does kinda have a point, that was clearly a joke thread, how anyone on Earth missed that is perhaps a mystery. I can only assume most philosophers are autistic or Aspergers and have a low tolerance for jokes, humour, emotion, funny little ditties, the national anthem of Funnerica, because if you missed that was a joke thread, which is possible and no offence. We can't all have a sense of humour, we can't all be emotionless card carrying drones with a hard on for oursleves, but seriously? If somehow by some miracle you missed he was joking, you are lacking in something, seriously and I am being serious there, super cereal, 'cause manbearpig is real. How on Earth could anyone of missed the humour there. It's like missing the humour in a Bugsy Bunny cartoon, it beggars belief.

My suggestion is I think that you take humour into account in future, and you may know how it works, I am not the all singing and all dancing crap of the world on funny and ironic posts meant to be sarcastic posted in the lounge, which is a place for sarcasm and a bit of wry banter and humour; but can I say when you fail to get a joke pipe the fuck down you humourless fucking zombies. Who the hell cares. Fuck me some people are morbidly dull. Get over yourselves' you dull little mushrooms in a dark cave.

Good God some peoples EQ is so low you'd think they bought it at M&S set it on fire and then pissed on it just to see the flames go out.

This rant, and yes it is ironic was brought to you by the IRC, a subsidiary of the posting rants fronted by the RCOE, a small company that has now clearly gone out of business. :)

It was a funny for god's sake ease up. :)