Toxicity of Human Thought ThatWeAreNotAllowed to Speak Of

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Toxicity of Human Thought ThatWeAreNotAllowed to Speak Of

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Toxicity of Human Thought
........................................Our Encompassing Hell We Cannot Escape From
.........................................................................Part #1

The human body eats solid food, is enriched, exudes the waste product as shit from our large intestines.

Humans drink water, which enriches the body in another more fluid way, then expels the waste as urine via our small intestines.

Humans breathe air, use the oxygen gas and exhales carbon dioxide from our lungs.

Humans also receive nourishment from impressions. From all five of our senses we absorb effects. We cannot live a moment without receiving impressions. In fact, when we stop receiving impressions we are clinically dead. Our mind produces words, narration, and dreams as the waste product of our immediate, ever changing realities.

We can live a few months
by eating our own shit but you'd need to be insane, or insanely hungry, to do that.

We can live a few weeks by drinking the increasingly toxic waste of our own urine. Eventually we are poisoned.

We can live a few minutes
by breathing our own exhaled gasses. But similar to our own urine and shit we eventually poison ourselves and die from our own toxins.

We cannot live even a few seconds without being able to absorb new impressions.

We need fresh food, fresh water, a fresh supply of air, and an immediate supply of impressions coming in from all five senses in order to exist in a healthy, normal manner.

Given this information, why on earth do we think our own words, narration, and dreams are not toxic?

Is it any wonder why our dreams, our concepts, our peer into a as yet - non-existent reality NEVER actually become that reality?

Our words, narration, and dreams are just as toxic to ourselves as our shit, urine, and exhaled gasses.

We don't worship human waste, we actually try to distance ourselves from our waste. And rightfully so...if you are a healthy individual.

Your thoughts, ALL of your thoughts, ALL of your thoughts you have ever had or will ever have are just about as valuable as the shit I just flushed down my toilet.

Why do you cherish your thoughts?

The answer is simple. We cherish our thoughts because the words, narration, and dreams are slow in coming. Meaning, we THINK we can determine them. We THINK we have some control of our out reality. But we don't.

We may have a little larger input on the shape of our mental waste, but in the end we really don't have any control of our surrounding reality.

Words, thoughts, and dreams are a waste product; an estrangement of reality; a potentially deadly toxic.

Thoughts are dead.

Thoughts are waste matter.

To be completely enveloped in our own thoughts will kill us.

Thoughts are toxic.

Our own egos; our own thoughts just won't allow us to see this. It's a self protection mechanism that is almost impossible to see beyond.

uwot

Re: Toxicity of Human Thought ThatWeAreNotAllowed to Speak O

Post by uwot »

The thing is, some of us don't simply shit ideas out. Some of us actually care for and develop our thoughts, getting rid of the shit and keeping the good stuff.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Interesting enough image Bill. You know this reminds me of the time I had a bad batch of oysters and the posterior result was something that looked a lot like William the Conqueror.
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Well, John Searle insists on saying that consciousness is a human function analogous to digestion. So you're in good company. Maybe Socrates had his analogy to the midwife all wrong.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Wyman wrote:Well, John Searle insists on saying that consciousness is a human function analogous to digestion. So you're in good company. Maybe Socrates had his analogy to the midwife all wrong.

I think you are right about the digestive thing. Apparent a bad batch of sushi will just about guarantee you a Monet every time.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

This short video captures EXACTLY how we treat our own words - and other's words.

Words are an excrement. A waste product. And should be treated that way.

NOT re-ingesting.

Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

This short video captures EXACTLY how we treat our own words - and other's words.

Words are an excrement. A waste product. And should be treated that way.

NOT re-ingesting.

The gorilla is thinking to himself, "Humm..It looks like shit, smells like shit, feels like shit and tastes like shit.

I bet he is also thinking, "Thank goodness I didn't step in it"
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Thoughts come from outside of us.

Thoughts are not us.

We have almost no control over our thoughts.

Thoughts are an estrangement of reality.

...the excrement of our intellectual function.

madera

Post by madera »

Thoughts are not us.

No, thoughts come from a mind that needs a good clean up.
"Clean the inside of the cup and the outside will be clean".
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Thoughts are not us.

I bet she was also glad she didn't step in it.

Come on Bill, I am running out of punchlines.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

No, thoughts come from a mind that needs a good clean up.

I kind-of like that.

Would you mind if it read like this:

Thoughts come from a mind that needs a good clean up.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...

Humans also receive nourishment from impressions. From all five of our senses we absorb effects. We cannot live a moment without receiving impressions. In fact, when we stop receiving impressions we are clinically dead. Our mind produces words, narration, and dreams as the waste product of our immediate, ever changing realities.
This is your error, as the meaning of words is not necessarily the result of impressions. By and large meaning is a brand new thing in the universe and its the result of two consciousness's with the ability of language, i.e. on the whole meaning is the result of a consciousness trying to communicate its impressions to an other. You could say that words and meaning are our gift to the universe.
Given this information, why on earth do we think our own words, narration, and dreams are not toxic?
Because we don't die from them?
Is it any wonder why our dreams, our concepts, our peer into a as yet - non-existent reality NEVER actually become that reality?
You mistake your inability to make your thoughts reality with anothers ability to do just that.
Our words, narration, and dreams are just as toxic to ourselves as our shit, urine, and exhaled gasses.
I have no doubt that this applies to you.
We don't worship human waste, we actually try to distance ourselves from our waste. And rightfully so...if you are a healthy individual.
As uwot pointed out, many of us try to sort the shit from the shinola. You appear to have a problem with this.
Your thoughts, ALL of your thoughts, ALL of your thoughts you have ever had or will ever have are just about as valuable as the shit I just flushed down my toilet.
And your western-box is nicely expressed here, as shit is a valuable commodity for fertiliser in many places.
Why do you cherish your thoughts?
Because I can have them.
The answer is simple. We cherish our thoughts because the words, narration, and dreams are slow in coming. Meaning, we THINK we can determine them. We THINK we have some control of our out reality. But we don't.
The words of someone who does not understand what thinking and thought entails. Try a dose of philosophy.
We may have a little larger input on the shape of our mental waste, but in the end we really don't have any control of our surrounding reality.
Well dur! What we do have control of is how we experience an external reality.
Words, thoughts, and dreams are a waste product; an estrangement of reality; a potentially deadly toxic.
And yet one that has allowed us to change reality to suit our needs?
Thoughts are dead.
Your's are, true.
Thoughts are waste matter.
Not so.
To be completely enveloped in our own thoughts will kill us.
And yet you continually continue to do so?
Thoughts are toxic.
Depends what thoughts they are.
Our own egos; our own thoughts just won't allow us to see this. It's a self protection mechanism that is almost impossible to see beyond. [/size]
And yet you are the gnu who has seen beyond them are you?

The complete irony of your post is that you continually spew-up, regurgitate and re-ingest the same thoughts over and over again?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

We are all trapped. All are prisoners.

We cannot change that.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.We are all trapped. All are prisoners.
In what?
We cannot change that.[/size]
You use we when you should only be talking about you.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Soooo...you are able to get around your thoughts?

You are able to detached from them?

Prisoner. Yeah, come to think of it, you aren't able to feel the limitations of your own thoughts.

For you, your thoughts are your playground. Your thoughts are you...You to be protected and defended.

You are one of the fortunate. You study philosophy as a hobby. As an outside interest.

I live and breathe philosophy. Not as a study any more...but because philosophy is my oxygen.

The beginning and ending of every infinite moment that I experience.

I envy you in your light burden. I feel sorrow for humanity that you are. You will never understand anything beyond your immediate self-interest.

...oh yeah, by the way, you can chalk this one up for a win on your side of the tablet.

You have all the wins. Never venture your gaze beyond your cell. You are king.