the vacuum is it consciousness

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles

the vacuum is it consciousness

Post by jackles »

yes by my reckoning the vacuum is the unmoving source of consciousness.the vacuum is totaly indistinguishable to time and space and energy event.in other words it the vacuum is omni present and nonlocal in all localitys no matter at what scale. vacuum=consciousness.but how?and if its true then the real identity of any observer is vacuum any where in the universe.
Blaggard

Re: the vacuum is it consciousness

Post by Blaggard »

Jackles your obsession with non locality never ceases to amaze me, but suffice to say there is no such thing as a vacuum in the universe even in the depths of space there is a non zero amount of matter and hence a non zero amount of energy. The Vaccuum is thought to be the source of dark energy a force driving the universe apart at increasing speed over time by a process whereby gravity being non zero anywhere creates what they call virtual particles that then decay rapidly(don't be mislead by the name though such particles are as real as any other, it just means their short life not that they are some imagined energy concern), this event is neither non local or entangled or anything that exceptional, apparently something can come from nothing, but only if the energy concerns are non zero, I realise that might seem contradictory but meh you get the point. Imagine that in field theory every point of space is like a ball connected by a rod, as in the ball and stick model chemistry uses to denote force connections between atoms or diatoms, it becomes easy to see then how disturbing one ball might disturb the energy concerns in another point in space by such analogy, there is no non zero point of energy in a vacuum, any more than there is a non co-moving point in space.

See also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect
jackles

Post by jackles »

blags there has to be a limit to the universe .an edge or event horizon between the energy event and the vacuum.are black hole centres pure vacuum?
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

The universe is infinite and at the same time finite so yes it has an "edge", we will never see it though, imagine blowing air into a balloon the spherical balloon gets larger and larger but there is no defined edge per se.

Could be any shape like these, but it is arbitrary and makes no difference to us.
jackles

Post by jackles »

blags if theres an edge to the event then beond the edge there is an existent vacuum that has no size.because unlike the event it doesnt move .why because it hasnt happened.black holes beond there event horizons also have not happened.there is existance without time space energy.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

You misunderstand Jackles the universe is all there is, it is hence infinite, it has a finite size as far as we are aware but you can't have something outside of all there is.

If you walk around a sphere which edge do you end up at?

There is no such thing as a null set to which something happens when the universe is the set of everything that happens. The logic is pretty unimpeachable.

Nothing in the universe has or ever will not move, a centre to the universe is as absurd as a centre to a 5D pyramid, how could one even go about mathematically observing such a point in our 3 dimensions with time?
jackles

Post by jackles »

the central point of the universe is the consciousness of the observer.consciousness is the central point of all events outside but at the sametime in side all events.the never happen vacuum fits the bill.its the thing that cant be express in taoism.before the universe was tao was.there was a begining to the happening event .vacuum which is not empty time space existed before energy evented its self into the vacuum thusly becoming time space to that energy.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Religious mumbo jumbo Jackles, you are using religion to reinforce a logical fallacy. This is not healthy.
jackles

Post by jackles »

you didnt notice the thusly then blags.ha
jackles

Post by jackles »

is the consciousness of an observer not considered to be stationary when measuring c in a vacuum.
hammock

Post by hammock »

jackles wrote:yes by my reckoning the vacuum is the unmoving source of consciousness.the vacuum is totaly indistinguishable to time and space and energy event.in other words it the vacuum is omni present and nonlocal in all localitys no matter at what scale. vacuum=consciousness.but how?and if its true then the real identity of any observer is vacuum any where in the universe

Yowza. Sounds like you've been toking too much FAW, again. He of yore once a member of the Fundamental Fysiks Group:
Hippie days - How a handful of countercultural scientists changed the course of physics in the 1970s
Fred Allan Wolf wrote:"The soul ideally directs the body-self without ultimately becoming the body by remaining within the vacuum of space. But to communicate it partly becomes the body and takes its form while it knows that it is not ... it must partially become matter by literally jiggling the body's electrons around ... Think of the soul as sending signals coming from the future..." CHAPTER 13; THE SPIRITUAL UNIVERSE
"Even thought I see the soul in terms of particles, I don't really believe the soul is made of real particles. One way to deal with this is to imagine that the soul is composed of virtual particles--those that exist with negative energies beneath the Dirac sea, discussed in the previous chapter. I believe that these virtual particles ... communicate with the real particles that make up our body." NOTES - 106; THE SPIRITUAL UNIVERSE
jackles

Post by jackles »

hammock thanks for that.yes i used to be a bit of a hippie bell bottoms and all.ha.my guess is that it emptyness on what ever scale plays the part of consciousness to moving things.if im driving my car and talking to you as a passenger we would be both moving and not moving at the same moment.can the universe in what ever scale move the emptiness which i think consciousness to be.the moving car moves our brains relative to the road in a frame of reference .but at root there is only one consciouness in the moving car from which we could measure a photons speed.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the vacuum is it consciousness?

the eternal suck knows not of its suckiness

Sisyphus smiles...

-Imp
jackles

Post by jackles »

thats right impenitent at what part of the scale of things does consciousness start and finish.dont reckon it starts or finishes my self .regs jackles