Here's a hypothetical scenario just for fun

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Proud Cosmopolitan

Re: Here's a hypothetical scenario just for fun

Post by Proud Cosmopolitan »

Whoops sorry, I thought you thought the Americans were the jerks and not the UK
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

It's better to burn your enemies at the stake than curse the darkness...

-Imp
Proud Cosmopolitan

LOL :lol: Maybe the Americans could have killed the Ayatollah this way or launched another "military rescue raid" for their hostages in Iran in 1980, have that one EQUALLY DOOMED TO FAILURE and have the AYATOLLAH KHOMEINI DIE LAUGHING :lol:
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Impenitent wrote:It's better to burn your enemies at the stake than curse the darkness...

-Imp
That's what created America in the first place, religious intolerance. Shame we didn't burn all of the heathen. ;)
Proud Cosmopolitan

Blaggard wrote:
Impenitent wrote:It's better to burn your enemies at the stake than curse the darkness...

-Imp
That's what created America in the first place, religious intolerance. Shame we didn't burn all of the heathen. ;)
What about "IT'S BETTER TO BURN 1 RELIGIOUS LUNATIC THAN TO CURSE THE DARKNESS? "
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Proud Cosmopolitan wrote:
Blaggard wrote:

-Imp
What about "IT'S BETTER TO BURN 1 RELIGIOUS LUNATIC THAN TO CURSE THE DARKNESS? "
Aye I know but I don't think imp is up on more practical solutions, just up on a few sentences that are just a few words, that are indeed just a few. I don't think he is out to create any sort of argument that is coherent, I think he is just out to post one liners, which is fine, but it explains nothing, does nothing, and should be regarded likewise as little more than nothing. No doubt he thinks he is being clever (and no doubt his peers have reinforced this egomania) but in fact he is just being philosophically lazy and can't be assed to actually do anything other than concisely arrange nonsense into a few sentences for want of any sort of discourse.

Seen this sort of person many times, they think they are like Keanu Reeves gliding through the matrix somehow important, somehow their bon mots are exceptional in the concise, but let's face it a the end of the day all they are is indolent, and unwilling to discuss any subject because they think any subject is now beneath them, by some miracle they know everything, but actually taking the time to discuss anything is beneath the beknighted saint of all reason; ten a penny there are self agrandizing frauds everywhere on the internet, just ignore them, they have nothing to contribute and spend endless hours believing that nothing to contribute is all that is needed amongst the plebs and somehow by magic they have created wisdom, it's just another form of troll using another form of lazy self interest to make another form of troll...:)

Trolls are like that, they just don't see the need to contribute to anything, because being a lazy bastard and doing nothing is just so au fait. :)
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Blaggard wrote:Aye I know but I don't think imp is up on more practical solutions, just up on a few sentences that are just a few words, that are indeed just a few. I don't think he is out to create any sort of argument that is coherent, I think he is just out to post one liners, which is fine, but it explains nothing, does nothing, and should be regarded likewise as little more than nothing. No doubt he thinks he is being clever (and no doubt his peers have reinforced this egomania) but in fact he is just being philosophically lazy and can't be assed to actually do anything other than concisely arrange nonsense into a few sentences for want of any sort of discourse.

Seen this sort of person many times, they think they are like Keanu Reeves gliding through the matrix somehow important, somehow their bon mots are exceptional in the concise, but let's face it a the end of the day all they are is indolent, and unwilling to discuss any subject because they think any subject is now beneath them, by some miracle they know everything, but actually taking the time to discuss anything is beneath the beknighted saint of all reason; ten a penny there are self agrandizing frauds everywhere on the internet, just ignore them, they have nothing to contribute and spend endless hours believing that nothing to contribute is all that is needed amongst the plebs and somehow by magic they have created wisdom, it's just another form of troll using another form of lazy self interest to make another form of troll...:)

Trolls are like that, they just don't see the need to contribute to anything, because being a lazy bastard and doing nothing is just so au fait. :)
candles be damned...

(check out killdevilhill philosophy pages and the ilovephilosophy websites if you want to read some of my longer posts)

-Imp
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Why would I do that when you seem to do nothing more than just nothing?

Why should I bother?

You can't be assed to write anything, why should anyone else hence try to read your half hearted lazy posting anywhere, ever?
Proud Cosmopolitan

As for the Ayatollah, I hope everyone didn't mind me for I didn't think much of him and if the Shah was a dictatorial "son of a gun" I'm thinking "a pox on both their houses." I'm sure the Americans and Canadians too would be better off if both our countries still had embassies in Iran since where would an American or Canadian go if they ran into difficulty in that country?
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

Proud Cosmopolitan wrote:If anyone could go back in time and kill a university student who would later become the AYATOLLAH KHOMEINI and make it look accidental, would they?

This is a spinoff about the hypothetical "going back in time and killing Hitler" scenarios.
No. I don't think he deserves to die, and it's wrong to compare him to Hitler or Stalin or any of those big bastards of history. He may not be a good guy, but there are plenty more like him around the world, and plenty of people who are on the side of the Western world who deserves it more if we are gonna set up a scoretable.

I don't really know what I'd do. But if I cut off his tongue he'd never become the leader as these guys live on rhetoric, but I don't think that'd make a big difference, somebody else would just take his place. I also don't think it's right to cut his tongue, would prefer to abduct him and send him off to somewhere where he can get a less aggressive perspective on the world... maybe chain him to a Tibetan temple.
Proud Cosmopolitan

The Voice of Time wrote:
Proud Cosmopolitan wrote:If anyone could go back in time and kill a university student who would later become the AYATOLLAH KHOMEINI and make it look accidental, would they?

This is a spinoff about the hypothetical "going back in time and killing Hitler" scenarios.
No. I don't think he deserves to die, and it's wrong to compare him to Hitler or Stalin or any of those big bastards of history. He may not be a good guy, but there are plenty more like him around the world, and plenty of people who are on the side of the Western world who deserves it more if we are gonna set up a scoretable.

I don't really know what I'd do. But if I cut off his tongue he'd never become the leader as these guys live on rhetoric, but I don't think that'd make a big difference, somebody else would just take his place. I also don't think it's right to cut his tongue, would prefer to abduct him and send him off to somewhere where he can get a less aggressive perspective on the world... maybe chain him to a Tibetan temple.
I'm secretly hoping that if there is such a thing as Karma the Ayatollah Khomeini would come back as a WOMAN under HIS REGIME or maybe AN AMERICAN DIPLOMAT in the EARLY DAYS OF HIS REGIME. Not going to happen but a person could dream, couldn't they?

On edit as for Sadegh Khalkhali, may he rot in hell and have his eyes clawed out by an army of pissed off or "puss ed off" pussycats for all eternity.
John K

Post by John K »

Blaggard wrote:I'd go back in time and kill Jesus...
At least let him clear the temple first.