On "gender double standards" and "well baby / child checkup"

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Proud Cosmopolitan

On "gender double standards" and "well baby / child checkup"

Post by Proud Cosmopolitan »

I wondered if there were any "gender double standards" when it came to "well baby / child checkup" videos in terms of the little boys being shown <gasp> naked including their "genital equipment", for several minutes while the little girls were only shown in total nakedness including their "genital equipment" for only a few seconds if ever, before she is allowed to have her diapers or underpants put back on. I wondered if there is a "greater respect for patient modesty" as far as the little girls are concerned for as they got older, they may be more apt to be embarrassed or :oops: if they were to find a "well baby / child checkup" video on You Tube that showed them <gasp> TOTALLY NAKED for several minutes, hence the "nudity double standard" in such videos.
The Voice of Time

Re: On "gender double standards" and "well baby / child chec

Post by The Voice of Time »

Sure that's not just random? And who would get embarrassed for being naked as a baby? That's irrational, it's like me being embarrassed for something I did 10 years ago as an 11 year old. Hell I did a lot of stuff I should've been embarrassed about for only 8-7 years ago, but don't really feel anything. You change all the time, can't have time worrying about what you were. And certainly not what you did as a little baby.
Proud Cosmopolitan

I thought there was some sort of a "gender double standard" with that like there seemed to be with "circumcision" or how males were still able to be circumcised in the Western world while FGM or "female genitalia mutilation" is all but outlawed, with the exception of things such as "labia jobs" that women usually voluntarily get when they're at least old enough to choose for themselves.
The Voice of Time

Proud Cosmopolitan wrote:I thought there was some sort of a "gender double standard" with that like there seemed to be with "circumcision" or how males were still able to be circumcised in the Western world while FGM or "female genitalia mutilation" is all but outlawed, with the exception of things such as "labia jobs" that women usually voluntarily get when they're at least old enough to choose for themselves.
Personally I'm strongly against male circumcision in pre-adults... if they truly wants to cut off their frontal skin they can do it when they've had 16 years or something to test their product... but the double standard with male/female circumcision is for very good reasons. As females usually will experience a lot of suffering later in their life because of it, whereas male circumcision is less problematic.
Proud Cosmopolitan

Though the female genitalia mutilation may cause the girl who goes through it no end of problems throughout her life, I am personally against BOTH forms of circumcision since I believe that everyone had the right to have the "ahem parts" or genital organs as the "divine powers that be" and nature intended for them to be.
The Voice of Time

Yeah, I'm also against it in general, but not on any rational basis, and not to the extent I'm going to prohibit it, though people should only be allowed to do it if they really know what they are doing and that it's proven safe enough (female circumcision likely wouldn't count among those). My basis would be that I'm very fond of my own foreskin and prefer to keep it and prefer nobody test the value of the foreskin, and would ache inside my heart at looking at mutilated penises... though I yet to see a Jew in a public shower or sauna, fortunately (for the sake of my foreskin's self-esteem).
Proud Cosmopolitan

The Voice of Time wrote:Yeah, I'm also against it in general, but not on any rational basis, and not to the extent I'm going to prohibit it, though people should only be allowed to do it if they really know what they are doing and that it's proven safe enough (female circumcision likely wouldn't count among those). My basis would be that I'm very fond of my own foreskin and prefer to keep it and prefer nobody test the value of the foreskin, and would ache inside my heart at looking at mutilated penises... though I yet to see a Jew in a public shower or sauna, fortunately (for the sake of my foreskin's self-esteem).

As far as circumcisions are concerned, I hated to sound politically incorrect, but Moslems or Islamics are worse for they do male as well as "female circumcisions" and some of what they do to the young girls may make my clitoris want to shrink away and hide. ( I'm female by the way.).
The Voice of Time

Well, female circumcision only happens in small cults or in remote areas of underdeveloped countries, it's not representative of Islamic belief at large, as it's prohibited in most Islamic countries or countries with large Muslim populations.
Proud Cosmopolitan

The Voice of Time wrote:Well, female circumcision only happens in small cults or in remote areas of underdeveloped countries, it's not representative of Islamic belief at large, as it's prohibited in most Islamic countries or countries with large Muslim populations.
I'm sure that may be proof of the "hijacking" of Islam in some countries if not all Moslem countries do it.