Is the human being purely material.......

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Blaggard

Re: Is the human being purely material.......

Post by Blaggard »

HexHammer wrote:Linking to something is not quoting, quoting just a small piece falls under "fair use" which doesn't not violate copy right, so yearh again you don't know what you are talking about.
Further you make no sense as usual, first you say I should just find the link, then you say the linked article is sub only, why would you claim I should go read something that is sub only?

Are you actually aware of what you are saying, or are you just trolling as usual?
No quoting an entire article that is under copyright is a violation of copyright law and can land you with a heavy fine or in jail. Quoting a small portion is fair use, particularly if it is used for education purposes, you really need to get clued up on the law before you post nonsense.

If you don't believe me buy a subscription quote the entire article and then await the resultant tap tap tap that will mean your trip before the courts.

The pertinent part I quoted, sorry but this is a waste of my personal time, frankly I have better things to do than pander to some internet troll.

Are you aware that you are just trolling as usual?

Two can play at that game...

Prevaricating and failing to answer the topic is of course your prerogative, but I doubt anyone is going to take it seriously. Now you can either tackle the science or you can go on whining at me about IQ or whatever it is you do in lieu of rational argument, it is of course entirely your affair.

I provided science with science journal links which you are welcome to peruse, if you choose not to, then so be it. As I said before I am fucked if I care.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Dear Blagg in what way am I trolling? All I did is asking for a link to an article then suddenly you accuse me of trolling, if any one trolls, it's obviously you.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

HexHammer wrote:Dear Blagg in what way am I trolling? All I did is asking for a link to an article then suddenly you accuse me of trolling, if any one trolls, it's obviously you.
Well you started it. :P

Seriously though dude, you have been given all the information you need, it is up to you how you use it. Throwing around ad homs about trolling is all very well but everything you needed to know is on this thread, and if it isn't ask me to send you the entire articles by email, I am sure the thought police are not so much enamoured of me that they track my emails, although... Damn shit I've sia!11
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

HexHammer wrote:
Ginkgo wrote:Sync may well be irrelevant when it comes to self driving cars, but that doesn't necessarily make it irrelevant when it comes to humans. Empirical findings do verify sync.
Then surely it would be easy to prove, link me to some scientific study on the subject, please!

Yes,

Neuronal Assemblies and Synchronization of the Brain.

Sometimes know as the 40htz hypothesis

http://www.thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/i/i ... l_con.html
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Ginkgo wrote:Neuronal Assemblies and Synchronization of the Brain.

Sometimes know as the 40htz hypothesis

http://www.thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/i/i ... l_con.html
Many thanks for link.

It seems like a very outdated piece of study, it doesn't say anything about the Cerebellum and it's essential part in comprehension, but none the less these brain waves are essential, specially when having deep thoughts, it's importaint to lower them to Alpha Waves.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Blaggard wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Dear Blagg in what way am I trolling? All I did is asking for a link to an article then suddenly you accuse me of trolling, if any one trolls, it's obviously you.

Seriously though dude, you have been given all the information you need, it is up to you how you use it. Throwing around ad homs about trolling is all very well but everything you needed to know is on this thread, and if it isn't ask me to send you the entire articles by email, I am sure the thought police are not so much enamoured of me that they track my emails, although... Damn shit I've sia!11
You can never give a simple direct answer.

In what way did I start it? You make up things to troll me, you have NEVER EVER pointed out 1 single post where I trolled, you just make up completely unprofound accusations.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

......................................Image

C'mon you two...let's play nice...

Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

HexHammer wrote:
Blaggard wrote:

You can never give a simple direct answer.

In what way did I start it? You make up things to troll me, you have NEVER EVER pointed out 1 single post where I trolled, you just make up completely unprofound accusations.
You are really quite profoundly obtuse I gave you all the straight answers you needed, and you accused me of trolling. Dude you have all the information you have ever needed, I can only assume you are too lazy to read it.

So be it.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

......................................Image

C'mon you two...let's play nice...

Why should I did everything he asked in spades and he just completely ignored it and accused me of trolling, it seems to me here the golden rule is important.

If he can't be assed to show basic courtesy why should I have to do the same?

I am not at home to petulant people who are too lazy to read the thread and just throw their toys out of their pram when you do what they ask and go off on some rant and ad hom fest.

The information is there all he needs to know, if it does not suffice I can email the entire article but I will not be slagged off because I am doing what people ask. That's not right. Perhaps the platinum rule is more pertinent. :P