Re: How

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles

Post by jackles »

how can a brain limited and localised to an event have a nonlocal consciousness how can that be.how could a brain a limited thing .be connect to limitlessness.the brain has to be holagraphic in nature.scratchin my holagram on this one.
James Markham

Post by James Markham »

I think the answer is that what we experience as matter, is not in fact localised. When we focus, and differentiate, we apply filters that are not natural or inherent to the objective realm, so localisation is an applied condition, not an actual state.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

jackles wrote:how can a brain limited and localised to an event have a nonlocal consciousness how can that be.how could a brain a limited thing .be connect to limitlessness.the brain has to be holagraphic in nature.scratchin my holagram on this one.

Jackles I recommend, "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. It is a marvelous book and gives a very good layman's explanation for a non-classical universe and our place in it.
jackles

Post by jackles »

thanks for both very good replies.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

jackles wrote:how can a brain limited and localised to an event have a nonlocal consciousness how can that be. ...
It can't. Show me this 'nonlocal consciousness' ?
how could a brain a limited thing .be connect to limitlessness. ...
Define this 'limitlessness'?
the brain has to be holagraphic in nature.scratchin my holagram on this one.
Why? With 100 billion neurons and 100 trillion possible connections in the neural-net that is the CNS I think we have more than enough to be going on with without the need to start introducing holography.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

jackles wrote:how can a brain limited and localised to an event have a nonlocal consciousness how can that be.how could a brain a limited thing .be connect to limitlessness.the brain has to be holagraphic in nature.scratchin my holagram on this one.
This is totally incoherent nonsens, make a clear post!
jackles

Post by jackles »

put in simple terms nonlocality is consciousness .and consciousness is omni presents to thought.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

jackles wrote:put in simple terms nonlocality is consciousness .and consciousness is omni presents to thought.
The toothfairy told you this?
jackles

Post by jackles »

even if the the tooth fairy did hexhamer.its still the truth.ha ha
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

jackles wrote:even if the the tooth fairy did hexhamer.its still the truth.ha ha
In scientific terms, it's pure nonsens, but in philosophically terms it's mental mastubation and rainbow chasing.
jackles

Post by jackles »

in scientific terms nonlocality is nonlocality and as such has no relative size in any terms thus it nonlocality must be omni present across any size in any terms and that includes the universe from start to finish.and by finish i mean black hole eventless centres .it nonlocality at the other end of scale is omni present in the quantum world so it would be at once a common denominator and omni present to everything in existance..and that must include thought as consciousness.
Last edited by jackles on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

If it's quantum entanglement you are trying to describe, make it more clear, as of now it makes no sens and you got it wrong!
jackles

Post by jackles »

hex if it makes no scence how do you know i got it wrong.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

jackles wrote:hex if it makes no scence how do you know i got it wrong.
If someone says 2+2=5 it makes no sense, very simple and thus I know the person got it wrong.
jackles

Post by jackles »

nonlocality does not make any scence in event terms.cos its eventlessnessssszzzzz.ha ha.