winning and losing

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles

winning and losing

Post by jackles »

in some religions its taught that winning and loosing must be treated the same.so that neither causes any emotion.is this honestly acheivable even playing chess against a computer i dont like it when i loose.shows how the ego wont let go easy.can it be done.
Last edited by jackles on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginkgo

Re: win and loosing

Post by Ginkgo »

jackles wrote:in some religions its taught that winning and loosing must be treated the same.so that neither causes any emotion.is this honestly acheivable even playing chess against a computer i dont like it when i loose.shows how the ego wont let go easy.
Probably not when it comes to humans. Nil emotion is easily achievable by a computer. You can programme a computer to be emotional when it loses a chess game, but in the end it is only an act. The computer is actually emotional when it comes to losing
jackles

Re: winning and loosing

Post by jackles »

well the spooky thing is genkgo the computer seems to get rattled if i do a good move it seems to get the hump and start moving pieces quiker.maybe that reaction is programed in to be more relistic.
Arising_uk

Re: winning and loosing

Post by Arising_uk »

jackles wrote:well the spooky thing is genkgo the computer seems to get rattled if i do a good move it seems to get the hump and start moving pieces quiker.maybe that reaction is programed in to be more relistic.
Not 'spooky' at all its anthropomorphism. Chess grand masters suffer from this as well.
jackles

Re: winning and losing

Post by jackles »

well thanks for that imfo arising.im not that good at playing chess but i have scenced
the computer getting angry especial when i cheat.ha.ha